ADVERTISEMENT

ProPublica piece on total failure of DeBlasio and Cuomo

UCFKnight85

GOL's Inner Circle
Gold Member
May 6, 2003
The media may kiss Cuomo's ass as doing some sort of great job, while they routinely blast DeSantis, but the facts don't support either media position whatsoever. NY is a disaster because Cuomo and DeBlasio failed.

https://www.propublica.org/article/...y-10-times-the-number-of-deaths-as-california

“No city in the state can quarantine itself without state approval,” Cuomo said of de Blasio’s call for a shelter-in-place order. “I have no plan whatsoever to quarantine any city.”

Cuomo’s conviction didn’t last. On March 22, he, too, shuttered his state. The action came six days after San Francisco had shut down, five days after de Blasio suggested doing similarly and three days after all of California had been closed by Newsom. By then, New York faced a raging epidemic, with the number of confirmed cases at 15,000 doubling every three or four days.

Health officials well understood the grim mathematics. One New York City official said of those critical days in March: “We had been pretty clear with the state about the implications of every day, every hour, every minute.”

As of May 15, there were nearly 350,000 COVID-19 cases in New York and more than 27,500 deaths, nearly a third of the nation’s total. The corresponding numbers in California: just under 75,000 cases and slightly more than 3,000 deaths. In New York City, the country’s most populous and densest, there had been just under 20,000 deaths; in San Francisco, the country’s second densest and 13th most populous, there had been 35.

A loser just like his fake news brother Fredo Cuomo. Comes out of his basement like he was really in quarantine even though he was checking in on his second home.

in San Francisco, the country’s second densest and 13th most populous, there had been 35.
Wow. Well I'll be damned--an early shelter-in-place order worked. Maybe those egghead viral scientists do know what they're talking about!

Wow. Well I'll be damned--an early shelter-in-place order worked. Maybe those egghead viral scientists do know what they're talking about!

I really don't want to hear about the shelter in place. Florida which is a retirement area doesn't have the death numbers. We already started opening and no real spike at all. Less and less people are wearing masks and it's a beautiful thing.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Cuomo's failure was in expending more effort into his own national branding than addressing response policies. He just wanted to be in front of the camera. I still can't understand why he has a high approval rating when his state accounts for 1/3rd of the cases and deaths in the country.

lmao desperate, even by your usual standards.

And aren't you supposed to be in mass, donating to your local pedophiles?

Cuomo's failure was in expending more effort into his own national branding than addressing response policies. He just wanted to be in front of the camera. I still can't understand why he has a high approval rating when his state accounts for 1/3rd of the cases and deaths in the country.

When you control media it does brainwash citizens. If there was constant coverage of his failings it would be different. His brother is on CNN too so he is always protected from bad press.

Meanwhile Florida gets sh!t and we are a fraction of New York States number with a higher population.

Reactions: Crazyhole
When you control media it does brainwash citizens. If there was constant coverage of his failings it would be different. His brother is on CNN too so he is always protected from bad press.

Meanwhile Florida gets sh!t and we are a fraction of New York States number with a higher population.
In fairness it isnt an apples to apples comparison. NY should have higher numbers, but not 14 times as many deaths. Hell, NY has 3 times as many nursing home deaths as Florida does in total. Cuomo should be ran out on a rail.

I really don't want to hear about the shelter in place. Florida which is a retirement area doesn't have the death numbers. We already started opening and no real spike at all. Less and less people are wearing masks and it's a beautiful thing.

I just want someone to explain this to me:

If masks work, why can't all businesses be open? If they don't, why are we being asked to wear them?

Or maybe SF simply didn’t send COVID positive elderly people back to the nursing home they lived in?

Nah, can’t be it. Super awesome SF shelter in place and stuff, even though a lot of people didn’t even listen to that:

8 people have died in Florida from the Wuhan flu today. State of 22 million.

GTFO with the nonsense
Dammit!!! Deaths have been down for 5 straight days!! Disappointing!!!

By the way, there were 9 deaths in Florida today from people falling out of trees trying to get their cats

Reactions: Crazyhole
Dammit!!! Deaths have been down for 5 straight days!! Disappointing!!!

By the way, there were 9 deaths in Florida today from people falling out of trees trying to get their cats

At least those 9 died cool deaths. I want to die chasing pussy as well.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT