ADVERTISEMENT

Publix fires back at fake service dogs/pets

god i hate people that do this shit. all it does is hurt the people that really need them
The people I know that need them think the idiots bringing their non-service dogs hurt them more than the vast majority of enforcement actions.

Of course.

No one needs a pocket purse dog 24/7 to show off while they are shopping or doing any errand.

Society got weird...as not too long ago...dogs did just fine at home when you went to work or went out to do errands.

Don't forget when they get to walk over the "rainbow bridge".
Pretty shitty response . My dogs stay at home on the couch where they belong and that’s not changing . But losing them sucks terribly . Whatever helps them feel better about it is all good . And I have to agree with chemmie , it’s no different that saying they went to heaven , as that’s exactly what’s being described

Of course.

No one needs a pocket purse dog 24/7 to show off while they are shopping or doing any errand.

Society got weird...as not too long ago...dogs did just fine at home when you went to work or went out to do errands.
This. Like you point out, K_L, it seems as though a few years ago it became socially acceptable to take your dog EVERYWHERE. I was in Lowe's about a month ago and there was a guy who brought some big fluffy dog that all the front end employees were slobbering over. One of the employees asked the guy if she could give the dog a treat and he said, "No, he's prone to biting." I had to hold myself back from engaging the guy to find out why in the hell he felt the need to bring a non-service dog who is prone to biting. The dog didn't have a muzzle or anything.

Then, just last week, I'm having lunch in Clearwater with my parents. Sitting in a booth is a guy and next to him is his dog. No service vest or anything. Even if it had a service vest I think the law states that the animal must remain on the floor.

My good buddy who is 100% blind has a service dog that he adores. Seriously, he probably loves the dog more than he ever loved his ex-wife or any of his girlfriends since; but, whenever we go out the dog lays on the floor of the restaurant/bar/etc.

I also hate when I see people driving and they have their dog sitting on their lap. How's that not distracted driving? Or, worse yet, what if the dog jumps off of your lap and it pulls the steering wheel or your arm?

Like K_L said, dogs are just fine sitting at home for a few hours.

Maybe instead of Lowes these idiots should take their dogs for walks in actual parks.

Because then it would be about the dog, not the dog owner. They need spotlight and use their dogs to do so. Probably taking selfies and posting on FB what a wonderful time Mr Biggles had walking around Lowes. Like BT, my dogs serve a purpose in my house. My couch has not flown away since we got them, so they are doing their job.

This. Like you point out, K_L, it seems as though a few years ago it became socially acceptable to take your dog EVERYWHERE. I was in Lowe's about a month ago and there was a guy who brought some big fluffy dog that all the front end employees were slobbering over. One of the employees asked the guy if she could give the dog a treat and he said, "No, he's prone to biting." I had to hold myself back from engaging the guy to find out why in the hell he felt the need to bring a non-service dog who is prone to biting. The dog didn't have a muzzle or anything.

Then, just last week, I'm having lunch in Clearwater with my parents. Sitting in a booth is a guy and next to him is his dog. No service vest or anything. Even if it had a service vest I think the law states that the animal must remain on the floor.

My good buddy who is 100% blind has a service dog that he adores. Seriously, he probably loves the dog more than he ever loved his ex-wife or any of his girlfriends since; but, whenever we go out the dog lays on the floor of the restaurant/bar/etc.

I also hate when I see people driving and they have their dog sitting on their lap. How's that not distracted driving? Or, worse yet, what if the dog jumps off of your lap and it pulls the steering wheel or your arm?

Like K_L said, dogs are just fine sitting at home for a few hours.
I want to like this post with a million googles. People are morons.

I want to add that it irritates the crap out of me that friends feel the need to bring their dogs to my house every time they visit. If I didn't like them, I'd unfriend them.

It's pretty common in Western Europe to bring your dogs out with you. Very common to see them out in restaurants and some markets. The Europeans in general also do a very good job training them to be well behaved in public.

It's pretty common in Western Europe to bring your dogs out with you. Very common to see them out in restaurants and some markets. The Europeans in general also do a very good job training them to be well behaved in public.

No they don’t. I see owners letting their dogs shit on sidewalks and leave it all over big Euro cities. I was just in Paris in June and it was unreal how many owners would let their dog take a crap and then just keep walking.

Reactions: fabknight
Don't forget when they get to walk over the "rainbow bridge".
Pretty shitty response . My dogs stay at home on the couch where they belong and that’s not changing . But losing them sucks terribly . Whatever helps them feel better about it is all good . And I have to agree with chemmie , it’s no different that saying they went to heaven , as that’s exactly what’s being described

Losing a family member (pet) sucks...and it hurts immensely. However, I have never fallen for the fb celeb cause of the "rainbow bridge" which soccer Moms can't stop writing about, even when their pet is healthy and alive let alone some without pets but want to "join in"

Losing a family member (pet) sucks...and it hurts immensely. However, I have never fallen for the fb celeb cause of the "rainbow bridge" which soccer Moms can't stop writing about, even when their pet is healthy and alive let alone some without pets but want to "join in"

What on earth are you talking about? "fb celeb cause"? The Rainbow Bridge is something that pretty much every dog owner has heard and knows about - which has nothing to do with "fb celebs". (What the hell does that mean anyways?)

And why do you have such animosity towards soccer moms? Does the idea of a mom helping her kids arrive on time to play sports offend you?

I'm trying to get my head around your OUTRAGE! over something so innocuous as the concept of the Rainbow Bridge

Another subject for sure but the soccer mom thing is maddening . It takes true ignorance to insult a mother or father for that matter that takes time with their kids to support them in what they want to do . I’ll gladly wear the title of dance dad

We'd have a far better country if we had more soccer moms who are actually around for their children.

I’m a dog owner and can honestly say I’ve never heard the term rainbow bridge?
This. I don't think I've ever gone more than a few months without a dog in my entire life and I have NEVER heard the term. Hell, the movie title just wouldn't have sounded as good:

MPW-42070

Reactions: Knight_Light
Lots of folks use the term in place of heaven for dogs .
It originated in poetry in the 80s and was adopted by veterinarians and animal groups to help pet owners cope with their loss. It’s also another illustration of our culture anthropomorphizing animals, for better or for worse.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT