ADVERTISEMENT

Q1 GDP huge at 3.2%

What? 12% total growth rate divided by 4 quarters is 3% averaged for 2018. Is that not right or have the rules of division and averaging changed recently?

We had 3% growth for 2018 and we are now continuing that at 3.2% in Q1 19.

It’s not inaccurate, which is why Chemmie ran away from this thread after I left him the website with the actual growth rates to see for himself.

Your second part is correct though. In Obama’s last year as president we had a pretty pathetic 1.8% average growth rate.

I really don't know if you are intentionally lying, or really just this stupid. But every single news organization on the face of the planet is reporting that we had 2.9% GDP growth in 2018. Nothing wrong with 2.9%, its great, just don't fuking lying about it.

source(s) -
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...growth-in-2018-misses-trumps-3-percent-target

https://www.axios.com/united-states-2018-gdp-report-942280fa-1f51-4d31-97e1-dc557e2b46b2.html

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-47392731

This is an absurdly easy thing to fact check you on, and reeks of Trump's insane lies about equally easy to debunk stuff, such as crowds or weather at his inauguration. If you are lying about stupid pointless stuff that is easy to look up, what else are you lying about?

The only thing that is pathetic is that nobody agrees with you, here is something to ponder....why is your likes to messages posted ratio so freakin pathetic?????

Nobody gives a **** about what you have to say!!!

[roll][winking]

[roll]

I really don't know if you are intentionally lying, or really just this stupid. But every single news organization on the face of the planet is reporting that we had 2.9% GDP growth in 2018. Nothing wrong with 2.9%, its great, just don't fuking lying about it.

source(s) -
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...growth-in-2018-misses-trumps-3-percent-target

https://www.axios.com/united-states-2018-gdp-report-942280fa-1f51-4d31-97e1-dc557e2b46b2.html

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-47392731

This is an absurdly easy thing to fact check you on, and reeks of Trump's insane lies about equally easy to debunk stuff, such as crowds or weather at his inauguration. If you are lying about stupid pointless stuff that is easy to look up, what else are you lying about?

The reality is that nobody was lying. Not sure if it is your bitterness, hate, arrogance or what but..... you cant see the trees through the forest and that bridge is probably under water * ([winking]). The fact of the matter is that there are three different widely recognized methods for calculating GDP and in addition there are different timelines. So if you want to debate over 2.9 vs 3.0 have at it but you really do look like a right fighter who frankly most around here think you are a total dick. But hey since we are all conservative morons you shouldn't really give a crap......
[cheers]
ZQFV9m.png

i1OGeL.png

The reality is that nobody was lying. Not sure if it is your bitterness, hate, arrogance or what but..... you cant see the trees through the forest and that bridge is probably under water * ([winking]). The fact of the matter is that there are three different widely recognized methods for calculating GDP and in addition there are different timelines. So if you want to debate over 2.9 vs 3.0 have at it but you really do look like a right fighter who frankly most around here think you are a total dick. But hey since we are all conservative morons you shouldn't really give a crap......
[cheers]
ZQFV9m.png

i1OGeL.png

Good info. What's really funny is that the super serious media types have been shitting on Trump's economic advisors for their growth projections, always calling them "too rosey" and yet they've been nearly spot on since taking office, while Obama's economic advisor projections were hilariously wrong most years.

Reactions: JAFFX2
What? 12% total growth rate divided by 4 quarters is 3% averaged for 2018. Is that not right or have the rules of division and averaging changed recently?

We had 3% growth for 2018 and we are now continuing that at 3.2% in Q1 19.

It’s not inaccurate, which is why Chemmie ran away from this thread after I left him the website with the actual growth rates to see for himself.
Your second part is correct though. In Obama’s last year as president we had a pretty pathetic 1.8% average growth rate.

So, your method to calculate "consistent growth at 3% or above" is to just take the last 4 quarters and calculating the arithmetic mean?
Genius.
Abso-****ing-lutely genius.

So, I guess Q2-Q1 of 2014-15 was an incredible fiscal achievement for Obama's administration? Consistent growth at 3.8% or above. Amazing!

Reactions: NinjaKnight
So, your method to calculate "consistent growth at 3% or above" is to just take the last 4 quarters and calculating the arithmetic mean?
Genius.
Abso-****ing-lutely genius.

So, I guess Q2-Q1 of 2014-15 was an incredible fiscal achievement for Obama's administration? Consistent growth at 3.8% or above. Amazing!

We had an entire year at average of 3% growth rate and we've just started this year at 3.2% rate. What don't you fuking get that over the last 15 months, we've been averaging more than 3% growth in our economy?

What's really going on here is that you're such a whiny TDS fueled twerp that the mere suggestion that Trump has grown the economy better than Obama, which statistically is absolutely true at this point, has thrown you into a hissy fit, and you'd rather argue with me over what "consistent" does or doesn't mean than face that fact.

Your last point is just dumb. If Obama had sustained growth like that then sure, but it didn't even remotely sustain. In the entire year of his final year in office, 8 years into his policies going into effect, we had an average growth rate of 1.8% in 2016. You can continue crying about that if you'd like but numbers don't lie, unlike you.

Reactions: JAFFX2 and UCFWayne
We had an entire year at average of 3% growth rate and we've just started this year at 3.2% rate. What don't you fuking get that over the last 15 months, we've been averaging more than 3% growth in our economy?

What's really going on here is that you're such a whiny TDS fueled twerp that the mere suggestion that Trump has grown the economy better than Obama, which statistically is absolutely true at this point, has thrown you into a hissy fit, and you'd rather argue with me over what "consistent" does or doesn't mean than face that fact.

Your last point is just dumb. If Obama had sustained growth like that then sure, but it didn't even remotely sustain. In the entire year of his final year in office, 8 years into his policies going into effect, we had an average growth rate of 1.8% in 2016. You can continue crying about that if you'd like but numbers don't lie, unlike you.

Again, there is nothing wrong with the numbers.

Your analysis of the numbers is seriously asinine, though. This is pretty much the dumbest you've ever been.

If you have 10% growth one quarter and it drops to zero the next, would you call that consistent 5% growth? Thats kind of how your op was framed.

If you have 10% growth one quarter and it drops to zero the next, would you call that consistent 5% growth? Thats kind of how your op was framed.

Not exactly, your example is certainly not a fair comparison ...... any type of metric is somewhat meaningless with 2 data points. Too small a sample...any type of average requires a series of numbers, 2 is not a series.......85 used a series of 5 quarters in his example

Last edited:

We're looking at 15 months at this point or 5 quarters at more than 3% averaged growth. That's not 2 quarters so I don't know why you're trying to assist these dolts in totally revising the context of what I originally said and holds true.

Consider too that Q1 is usually one of the weaker quarters for growth. People were expecting 2.4% or less. It's very likely then that Q2 comes in at 3% or higher, again, and we extend this out to 18 months.

15-18 months is a clear trend line.

Sidenote: I consume most (basically) of my "news" from Marketplace by APM via NPR (I know the preferred Trump voter far alt right fringe anti-Semitic Neo Nazi Vanguard forum news source right? OY VEY!!!) Hilarious 3 years to listen to how sulky they are w bigly economic numbers & how hopeful they are that (insert whatever TDS BS) will bring down big bad DRUMPF.

Sidenote: I consume most (basically) of my "news" from Marketplace by APM via NPR (I know the preferred Trump voter far alt right fringe anti-Semitic Neo Nazi Vanguard forum news source right? OY VEY!!!) Hilarious 3 years to listen to how sulky they are w bigly economic numbers & how hopeful they are that (insert whatever TDS BS) will bring down big bad DRUMPF.

I listen to NPR podcasts when I workout a lot since it's my time to get news. They're hilariously biased and you're right, they practically melt when they're forced to report positive stuff about Trump or the GOP. Their correspondent Mara Liason (or whatever) is a total in-the-tank leftie that is insufferable. But, they do have some good international content which I listen to.

Exactly. There is no doubt that our economic numbers have been continuously positive. But 85's analysis of those numbers makes him look like a fool of biblical proportions.

Exactly. There is no doubt that our economic numbers have been continuously positive. But 85's analysis of those numbers makes him look like a fool of biblical proportions.

We have 15 months of 3% growth in GDP. Those are raw, undeniable facts. Your attempts to spin this or deny it just make you look like the total idiot that you are.

Reactions: UCFWayne
We have 15 months of 3% growth in GDP. Those are raw, undeniable facts. Your attempts to spin this or deny it just make you look like the total idiot that you are.

...and he doubles-down.

How, exactly, have you calculated this "15 months of 3% growth in GDP?" Please give us the full mathematical breakdown so people who aren't idiots can have a good laugh.

In the era of Trump, lying is like breathing. The idea is if you keep lying about something long enough and loudly enough, at some point nobody will give a sh*t anymore.
You’re so right. I mean, no one yelled louder than the people lying about Kavanaugh and those lying about Russian collusion with the Trump campaign. After years of that dominating the news, all other lies seem pretty insignificant.

Reactions: UCFWayne
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT