ADVERTISEMENT

QB Commit for 2019

UCF QBs have had more success than Alabama QBs. Purdy should come to UCF for a variety of reasons.
Things didn’t go well for the last West Coast QB that committed to Bama(Barnett) and he was a 5 Star. But these guys get peer pressured by perception. Saban wouldn’t even want him if the early signing day didn’t lock up other options that he could have flipped

Reactions: Mikesi
“UCF was good, too," when discussing Top 3 of Alabama, Iowa State, and UCF.

I think UCF/Heupel offers the best chance for development and possible NFL future among the Top 3, but it does not sound like he sees it that way.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
“UCF was good, too," when discussing Top 3 of Alabama, Iowa State, and UCF.

I think UCF/Heupel offers the best chance for development and possible NFL future among the Top 3, but it does not sound like he sees it that way.
maybe his mid week visit will end up being a benefit if he shocks everyone and picks UCF. Weather was perfect and Wednesday/Thursday is peak campus activity so he got the real feel of how a day at UCF is as a Student. Even if Hurts transfers I still think rising up the depth chart would have higher odds at UCF. Either way I'm still rooting for Mack to be the successor to Milton.

*Barring injury*, I think Milton starts 2 more years at UCF and Tagovailoa starts 2 (or 3) more years at Bama. (I just don't think Milton leaves after next year, though I wish him every success in his pursuits.)

The quickest path to playing time for Purdy is Iowa State. Matt Campbell is a great coach, but (without doing some research) I am unaware of his history of developing QBs.

As discussed with Maryland above, you can be calling on your third-string QB in the blink of an eye. I, selfishly, want UCF to have that depth.

*Barring injury*, I think Milton starts 2 more years at UCF and Tagovailoa starts 2 (or 3) more years at Bama. (I just don't think Milton leaves after next year, though I wish him every success in his pursuits.)

The quickest path to playing time for Purdy is Iowa State. Matt Campbell is a great coach, but (without doing some research) I am unaware of his history of developing QBs.

As discussed with Maryland above, you can be calling on your third-string QB in the blink of an eye. I, selfishly, want UCF to have that depth.
I had 3 brothers play at Iowa State. Ames, Iowa is an awesome college town and with the Big 12 TV money their facilities are great. If he goes there he will have a little less of a good time compared to UCF.

Reactions: firm_bizzle
I had 3 brothers play at Iowa State. Ames, Iowa is an awesome college town and with the Big 12 TV money their facilities are great. If he goes there he will have a little less of a good time compared to UCF.
And it is also a very good academic school. There are certainly valid reasons for him to go to ISU.

I'm not sure who decides pro style vs dual threat, but Bortles and Culpepper were both considered pro style but could certainly run the ball as well. I think it has to do with the system they play in high school.

One big advantage of DT quarterbacks is that they are usually undersized and thus more likely to stay all 4 years.

Would’ve been great had bortles been 6” 200 because he would’ve come back his senior year.

So excited to see what Milton will do not only next year but in 2019!!!

One big advantage of DT quarterbacks is that they are usually undersized and thus more likely to stay all 4 years.

Would’ve been great had bortles been 6” 200 because he would’ve come back his senior year.

So excited to see what Milton will do not only next year but in 2019!!!
it also gets offenses out of a drought, see Milton in the Peach Bowl. UCF doesn't win that game without his run game

Reactions: firm_bizzle
it also gets offenses out of a drought, see Milton in the Peach Bowl. UCF doesn't win that game without his run game
He was a big part of the reason we were in a drought. Big part of the reason most of his freshman year the offense sputtered. He had legs in first quarter of Peach and through all of last year. The difference was he started placing ball where receivers could get it. Run first QBs are easier to stop.

You are definitely going to want a 2019 QB in addition to Charlie Dean. Tampa Catholic had a good year, but he wasn't the reason.

He was a big part of the reason we were in a drought. Big part of the reason most of his freshman year the offense sputtered. He had legs in first quarter of Peach and through all of last year. The difference was he started placing ball where receivers could get it. Run first QBs are easier to stop.
That’s bc the Oline was terrible during the 2016 season. Oline and outside blocking by the WRs was Elite during 2017.

That’s bc the Oline was terrible during the 2016 season. Oline and outside blocking by the WRs was Elite during 2017.
Oline was definitely a problem that year but Milton missed on the easy screen throws / check downs A LOT as a freshman. While it is related to the protection issues, it wasn’t solely caused by them and stalled lots of drives.

Reactions: Knight_Light
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT