ADVERTISEMENT

QB

swift996

Diamond Knight
Gold Member
Aug 30, 2007
I went back through some observations from the 2nd scrimmage and it's clear to my now that we just didn't acquire the QB room to win games. Obviously there was a lot of hope around KJ coming in and helping this offense, that didn't happen. Brown adds a spark and is a heck of a runner but I think we all saw last night why he wasn't named the starter before. He throws at one speed and doesn't have good accuracy. From what I've seen, he gives us the best chance but I'd like to see EJ get some run. I didn't have any issue with keeping Brown in there last night, he had us up/winning. It just seems like we won't find wins until we find a QB. I don't see good QB's wanting to play for Gus, it's been a struggle for quite a while. With how this season is unfolding, it would be nice to see what we have with EJ. I don't have high expectations but it seems the younger guys are playing with a chip, which I like to see. Credit Brown, he is tough and making runs with his body on the line.

KJ and Brown both look a little raw. Brown got a lot of run, very young in his progressions, very much a run first type and throws some questionable passes. He’s very athletic though. Should be a solid backup. Better than Timmy physically but Timmy threw a better ball. Similar immaturity in reading defenses and going through progressions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.