ADVERTISEMENT

Question about early signing period

SCKnight

Diamond Knight
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2001
Do recruits have to sign today? Or can they sign anytime after today? So if they are not sure today and don't sign do they have to wait until February to sign?

Do recruits have to sign today? Or can they sign anytime after today? So if they are not sure today and don't sign do they have to wait until February to sign?

My understanding is that there is a three day early signing period (today, Thursday and Friday) then a dead period until the traditional signing period in February.

My understanding is that there is a three day early signing period (today, Thursday and Friday) then a dead period until the traditional signing period in February.

True except dead periods ends in middle of Jan when heavy recruiting and official visits kick in before the "traditional" signing day in Feb.

Yes either by this Friday or wait till anytime after February signing day. I like the early signing better. See where you need help and hone in on those positions for traditional day. Also makes the P5 teams tip their hands and not be able to stockpile one position and pull the wool over recruits eyes.

Yes either by this Friday or wait till anytime after February signing day. I like the early signing better. See where you need help and hone in on those positions for traditional day. Also makes the P5 teams tip their hands and not be able to stockpile one position and pull the wool over recruits eyes.
supposedly most coaches hate it and sites like 247 don't like it bc their entire business model is based on the back & forth drama till the Feb signing day but I think it's good for Programs like UCF. It gives less time for guys to overthink it and waver

Last year with an early signing day that OT from Ft. Meyers is a UCF Knight

Reactions: BlakNGoldAllDay
Plus think of it from the recruit's side, sign early and you finally get peace from the constant calling from coaches you had little to no interest in and no more crap/junk trinkets from Nebraska coming through your letter box.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT