ADVERTISEMENT

Quid-Pro-Quo or Bribery?

:joy::joy::joy:

Oh you sweet summer child.jpg

Let me know how this goes for you. Your innocence is hilariously refreshing.

I was exactly like you 4 years ago in the run up to the election. Down to a T. Never used a personal attack, cited every source. It didn't matter to the majority of these people.

Facts don't matter to them when their reality is not based on facts, it's circular logic to expect them to change it when it's not based on it.
This isn't about being ignorant or ignoring the realities where were at today. In fact, I think that at some point in the future, historians are going to call this time period the early years of the Information War, much like we talk about the Cold War today.

Right now, Truth is losing the war. Everytime you dive into the mud - admitting that it's a lost cause so screw it you're gonna call people names too - that's one small battle lost. Putin preferred Trump for political reasons, but that was just one battle for him an a much broader campaign to make us fight among ourselves. He doesn't care who's right or who wins the argument, he just cares that we all think the other side are lunatic idiots because then division wins.
This is a long game where we have to figure out how, while preserving the 1st Amendment, we foster public discourse built around facts and ideas - not disinformation and name-calling. Trump makes this almost impossible since he's the biggest name-caller there is. He sets the example of bullying and lies and that culture now permeates the Republican Party. Refuse to let his culture infect yours.

I learned this morning that Ukrainian President Zelensky had actually booked a televised September interview date with Fareed Zakaria on CNN when the Whistleblower's report hit the news.

Weird that the interview got cancelled. Gee, I wonder what it was going to be about? :)

I learned this morning that Ukrainian President Zelensky had actually booked a televised September interview date with Fareed Zakaria on CNN when the Whistleblower's report hit the news.

Weird that the interview got cancelled. Gee, I wonder what it was going to be about? :)
Weird that they waited 2 months to release this. I'm not saying that to be snarky, it actually is kind of surprising that they didn't bring this up already.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Weird that they waited 2 months to release this. I'm not saying that to be snarky, it actually is kind of surprising that they didn't bring this up already.
I completely agree with you, Crazy. Given that the interview was scheduled for CNN, you'd have thought the network itself would have brought this little factoid up early in the investigation.

ADVERTISEMENT