ADVERTISEMENT

Randy Charlton

• Thread starter anon_gi3vk9zbfmw0w
  • Start date
A

anon_gi3vk9zbfmw0w

Does anyone have any word if Charlton is still with the program?

He hasn't played since the Pitt game. Coach Heupel sort of insinuated that he was banged up, but never definitively said what kind of injury Charlton was dealing with.

Charlton wasn't on the sidelines for UCF's home game against UCONN, and he apparently didn't travel with the team to Cincinnati.

Did anyone ask Heupel this week about this situation? Have I missed it?

Little worried about the timing, since Charlton logged time in only four games this year. I hope he hasn't decided to transfer.

He's a guy that UCF can/could build around on their line for 2-3 years down the road. I was looking for big things from him over the second half of this season....

Nate Evans said today that Charlton has been sick. That sounds much better than some of the other rumors floating around. He's really talented - hope he bounces back with a speedy recovery soon!
Being sick for 2 weeks + is very worrisome. I’m willing to bet it’s a concussion they don’t want to reveal.

Reactions: Endeavor.
He is very talented when he isnt spiking the football after a key sack to kill the momentum in the fiesta bowl

He is very talented when he isnt spiking the football after a key sack to kill the momentum in the fiesta bowl
That was a completely unnecessary flag that was thrown, especially in a game of that magnitude. I saw two games last weekend where after turnovers the defender ran off the field and threw the ball to the ground....no flag.

Last edited:
If he can't play, he can't play. No sense in pushing a guy to play who doesn't want to or isn't feeling right. Definitely won't help anything.

That was a completely unnecessary flag that was thrown, especially in a game of that magnitude. I saw two games last weekend where after turnovers the defender ran off the field and threw the ball to the ground....no flag.
While i agree, you just cant take chances like that. Those refs were looking to punish ucf for whooping lsu (up until that point)

Reactions: mattropolis
Not sure if I'm being too nit picky here, but I watched the press conference and Heup said that Charlton "would be available." He also said that about the other players who got hurt Saturday (except McCrae). I don't know that "available" means the same thing as "will play."

Yea Heup knows how to use his words very well. This is not a very strong indication that any of those guys will actually play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT