ADVERTISEMENT

Randy Shannon is the DC**

Crap...

Congrats :D

looks-like-youre-screwed.jpg

Reactions: UCFBoilerNole
Don't get too excited. UF was pretty happy to see him go. He plays a very passive defense. Almost no blitzing. If you can't stop the run or get pressure with your front you will have trouble. He also has a penchant for signing guys who are under the radar. Some work out, some don't. That said, that attribute could work in your favor with some of the 3* players. He is a better recruiter than coach, but he does have a lot of experience (HC and DC).

Don't get too excited. UF was pretty happy to see him go. He plays a very passive defense. Almost no blitzing. If you can't stop the run or get pressure with your front you will have trouble. He also has a penchant for signing guys who are under the radar. Some work out, some don't. That said, that attribute could work in your favor with some of the 3* players. He is a better recruiter than coach, but he does have a lot of experience (HC and DC).

His philosophy is to recruit better guys than you have and win with more talent not gimmicks. Randy feels that if he is a coach at a Florida school, he will have better talent than you 90%. of the time. Hence why he is at UCF. It could have worked at UF if they had an offense that could control the ball and minimize turnovers. The inept UF offense wasted the talent that they had on defense.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
His philosophy is to recruit better guys than you have and win with more talent not gimmicks. Randy feels that if he is a coach at a Florida school, he will have better talent than you 90%. of the time. Hence why he is at UCF. It could have worked at UF if they had an offense that could control the ball and minimize turnovers. The inept UF offense wasted the talent that they had on defense.

The problem was that in the 3 years he was our defensive coordinator, he didn't stock the shelves very well. He was living off Muschamp's guys (who were phenomenal). This last year we had a walk on LB and an LB that wouldn't have started on any other SEC defense. Corners were solid, but almost no safety. Our front four (main one being a Muschamp guy) saved us from getting blown off the field.

Danny hit a homerun with Shannon as the DC I don't know enough about Heupel. I am looking for a Missouri game replay on ESPN. :sunglasses:

Reactions: Mikesi

UF was #111 total offense and Randy had the #16 ranked defense playing in the SEC being on the field the entire game. Chinander has us #91 in total defense, thanks but goodbye.*

Just pointing out that next year is still up in the air and will probably be different than this year.

Not up in the air for your team, after loosing your QB your team will totally suck

UF was #111 total offense and Randy had the #16 ranked defense playing in the SEC being on the field the entire game. Chinander has us #91 in total defense, thanks but goodbye.*

You can say goodbye all you want. I've watched him coach for the past three years. You've watched him for three hours. He's a good hire for a bunch of reasons, just don't expect miracles. And I'm not sure where you got #16 from. This says otherwise. http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/22

I watched Shannon's interview and I'm not sold on him as a great fit for UCF. He admitted he hadn't seen UCF play at all, only knew they had a good season. During interview when asked why UCF, one of his reasons was "they pay their assistants >$200,000. There didn't seem to be any passion or motivation to choose UCF, more like "I needed a job and this fell in my lap!"

With the talent level we currently have on D, plus transfers and redshirts on board, along with Shannon's ability to recruit Florida, I fell comfortable our D will be significantly better off than this year with Chinander.

Reactions: Mikesi
Let's not turn this into everyone that doesn't slobber over how greatful they are to be here immediately doesn't really want to be here.

RS was pointing out things that UCF did first. He mentioned several things. His point was that UCF is an innovator. A program that does things first. Don't twist his words.
he's a soft spoken guy and that comment was more of a compliment saying that the UCF Administration is committed

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT