ADVERTISEMENT

***Recap: UCF Knight Talk - Florida Week***

Brandon

Publisher
Staff
May 28, 2001
Winter Park, FL
www.ucfsports.com
Show just started at 7 p.m. on 96.9 The Game and originating from Mellow Mushroom.

Gus said they've had a "solid week of practice" and they're "looking forward to playing these guys."

Looking back on Colorado, Gus said they didn't play well in any phase but they've moved forward.

"We just didn't get it done. Defensively, we had trouble getting off the field on third down and getting to the QB. They played their best game. The frustrating thing for me was the four turnovers. We had opportunities to score in the red zone and we didn't, and then third down defense."

Gus said Colorado "whipped us."

Said CU getting DT Chidozie Nwanko back helped them.

"Crowd was unbelievable, we appreciate that."

They "didn't get it done" on that first drive that resulted in the interception.

"We gotta be a big boy and accept responsibility. We got a big one coming up this week, the fact we're playing an in-state team. We've put it to bed. Our guys have done a good job with that."

On lack of pass rush: "Close isn't good enough. We'll do things a little bit differently this week which will give our guys a better chance."

Gus complimented Deshawn Pace for his contributions this year, playing LB at UCF after playing nickel at Cincinnati.

On the big crowd for Big Noon Kickoff and the game:

"I'm disappointed for the fans. We'll make up for it as the season goes on, I promise you that."

Commercial break.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.