ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

Expect us to hit 40s next year in ranking. We'll see how it goes...

Definitely, put more stock in how they set up the program to succeed rather than a specific coach or player. GOL was all about the program when he came here. Prophetic Word???

Loved how Gus said the other day that we don't recruit stupid guys here. Maybe the USF transfer turned out to be too stupid to play here?

Are we checking out any of these guys? Notice that the USF guy isn't in this list.
2 of these guys are already committed
1 has a brother going to Miami and wants to follow
1 is making a decision next week and we aren't in the final 3

The last guy (Nick Jackson from Virginia) doesn't seem to have made a decision and is from Georgia. However, Gus nor UCF ever offered him out of HS.

For those who love the HS rankings and stars, Leary and Kite are the highest rated (by 24/7) AL players in the transfer portal....both 4 star and .96+....in other words in the top recruits in their class nationwide.
Unfortunately, that is not how the portal works on 247. The highest graded players get a transfer rating, the rest retain their HS rating. Go look at the top players by position. There are 3 higher rated Alabama O Lineman than Kight...and 3 higher Alabama WR than Leary.

Unfortunately, that is not how the portal works on 247. The highest graded players get a transfer rating, the rest retain their HS rating. Go look at the top players by position. There are 3 higher rated Alabama O Lineman than Kight...and 3 higher Alabama WR than Leary.
And that’s exactly why HS ratings are only good for HS graduation day...after that it’s performance that matters

It actually doesn’t look like they retain their HS rating. It shows the HS ratings, but unless there is a Transfer rating, 247 doesn’t look like it give you any points at all. We had like 15 Transfer points with Grier; and since he left we only have 6 Transfer points (and that’s with Kight).

We’d be ranked much higher in 247 if we even just got Kight and Leary re-rated as 3* transfers (vs 4* HS recruits).

Reactions: Knight Strength
Any opinions on Nah'coy Daniels, senior QB out of Blanche Ely HS in Pompano Beach, FL? Right now he's kinda small at 5'11" | 170 lbs.

Had me scratching my head too. Surely not a misspelling of “staff”, is it????
But then again, this would explain a lot about the prior posts.
Maybe it’s time to take all your hate and run along now.
it's so stupid that my head was like he isn't trying to say that is he ... no this has to be some inside joke comparing the staff to a staph infection or something.

edit: but as an inside joke when i'm pissed with this staff in the future i will be typing staph to refer to them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT