ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

I haven't heard anything negative about Wimbush's character.

I think adding Wimbush would give us 6 scholly's at QB. Somebody would likely transfer, maybe two (kingston and Jones). Back down to 4 in the QB room with Milton not being able to take snaps, so really 3. I think Mack is good enough to get us to 8 wins if the D plays at the level they played this past season. If they improve, I don't see any reason we can't win 10-12. If the coaches can improve Wimbush's accuracy we would probably be around the same record. I do like Wimbush though. He is a competitor and from everything I have read he is a heck of a teammate. I believe he also beat LSU.

But this whole discussion could be a moot point. He may decide he has a better opportunity to start somewhere else. If he decides to come here great, if not, that is okay. We got other guys on the roster and they could develop over the spring and summer as well.
Kingston and Jones are walk-ons. Wimbush would make 4.

All American kicker who visited this weekend tweeted this, already has 6 full offers and strong ties to GA, so not likely we get him as a PWO......
Kickers are so valuable when you have a solid one. I don’t understand why colleges don’t offer them scholarships often. Especially is they are an all American

not a bad list to advertise when trying to close out the recruiting class the next few weeks

I don't even have to read the comments to know how poorly the easily triggered are handling UCF's inclusion on that list.
I completely agree. It has to be the noise factor. Many of us have been part of it. Anyone watching the beginning of the Cincinnati game is probably wondering why we aren’t even higher. I couldn’t talk for days Maybe the reason that we aren’t in the top 3 is because we aren’t consistently sold out.

I completely agree. It has to be the noise factor. Many of us have been part of it. Anyone watching the beginning of the Cincinnati game is probably wondering why we aren’t even higher. I couldn’t talk for days Maybe the reason that we aren’t in the top 3 is because we aren’t consistently sold out.
UCF does night games as well as anybody in the country. day games are a different atmosphere

2019 DB. Whats this say about the number of spots on our roster and the guys we still plan on signing?
well it seems like the plan was always to sign 2 corners, remember Dequanteous Watts use to be committed. we've been chasing a 2nd one since. We signed 2 last year, so another 2 are needed this year because we lose 5 over the next 2 seasons.

well it seems like the plan was always to sign 2 corners, remember Dequanteous Watts use to be committed. we've been chasing a 2nd one since. We signed 2 last year, so another 2 are needed this year because we lose 5 over the next 2 seasons.
yeah losing Watts sucks but he never seemed into UCF, I saw that Oregon is making a push for him. the Brownlee L was tougher and Taggart got a 5* DB that also signed early but didn't announce till January so now he could be in a bench log jam up there.

Rumor is he was dropped due to questions regarding academic qualification. He wasn't going to know with his grades until summer if he was eligible and we'd rather use that scholarship elsewhere than wait and hope

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT