ADVERTISEMENT

Regretting hiring Scott Frost yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's the best thing that's ever happened to your 2nd rate group of 5 program! He's leaving for 1 of the greatest programs of all time, get over it!

Where he will fail or be let go just like the last 4 coaches and be gone in 3-4 years. Now—

go-home-nebraska.jpg

Frost is a alpha, and your new coach is a fat slob that got fired from his alma matter. Spin it all you want, your school is a stepping stone. I love the "you live in the cold in the middle of no where" comments. It just shows your hurt and need something to throw back. Guessing most have never been out of the southeast. Miami and Florida State fans have more class than you guys. I've experienced them both and you guys are clueless.

Frost is a alpha, and your new coach is a fat slob that got fired from his alma matter. Spin it all you want, your school is a stepping stone. I love the "you live in the cold in the middle of no where" comments. It just shows your hurt and need something to throw back. Guessing most have never been out of the southeast. Miami and Florida State fans have more class than you guys. I've experienced them both and you guys are clueless.
Thanks for your contribution to our board

Very odd. I thought most Nebraska fans would be extremely homophobic, but you seem to have no problem being attracted to the same gender. Maybe I don't have your fan base figured out.

Troll their (Miami and Florida State) boards like you have ours and see what happens. Nebraska fans are so insecure they feel the need to troll the message board of a school that is “a stepping stone” in order to inflate their flaccid egos. That says more about the state of the Nub program than anything any random message board poster could ever say, spin it any way you want, but It won’t change the truth.

Well nobody invited you over here to hurl ignorant insults at us. Really says a lot about you...you are so insecure you have to put down a G5 school on the rise. So, bye Felicia!

Reactions: Mikesi
No regrets. He turned you guys into champions!

Since joining a conference...UCF has been winning or playing in championship games practically every year...long before Frost. Frost is an excellent coach who will bring Nebraska back....but UCF will continue to win championships..... as we did long before Frost

Divisional championship
C-USA East George O'Leary

Conference championship
2007 C-USA George O'Leary 10–4 7–1
2010 George O'Leary 11–3 7–1

Divisional championship
† George O'Leary

Conference championships
2013 The American George O'Leary 12–1 8–0
2014† George O'Leary 9–4 7–1
2017 The American Scott Frost 12–0 9–0

Last edited:
Time will tell if we have regrets. Right now he’s a one (year) hit wonder. Let’s see what happens in the next few weeks and years. I’m more of a UCF fan than a Scott Frost fan. I’ll certainly be cheering for whoever plays Nebraska mostly because of the way the AD and fans have acted and this unprecedented loss of coaches and support staff at the worst possible time.

To be determined....

He's the best thing that's ever happened to your 2nd rate group of 5 program! He's leaving for 1 of the greatest programs of all time, get over it!

No - I would argue O'Leary or McDowell were the best coaches for our program. McDowell brought us consecutive championships in Div2 and brought us into Div1. GOL worked and got us major facilities on campus. He set the stage by getting us to our first BCS/NY6 game 5 years ago and winning. Frost set a new milestone for our team for sure but he was not here long enough to make an impact at UCF.

As far as your claim of one of the greatest programs of all time, you could say that about Harvard and Princeton too. They have a good 20-30 more National Championships than Nebraska. As to how relevant you are today, my Father In Law is a Minnesota alumni and can't wait for the annual Nebraska powderpuff game. They remain the laughing stock of the BigX because their fans keep reliving the 90's. Well, I guess the 90's are back and Nebraska can get their Glamor Shots, pull out their Trollz, and read Tiger Beat.

Time will tell if we have regrets. Right now he’s a one (year) hit wonder. Let’s see what happens in the next few weeks and years. I’m more of a UCF fan than a Scott Frost fan. I’ll certainly be cheering for whoever plays Nebraska mostly because of the way the AD and fans have acted and this unprecedented loss of coaches and support staff at the worst possible time.

To be determined....
giphy.gif

nebraska-football.jpg

As a friendly reminder of the once proud Nobraska football program and it’s fans who now constantly troll our board with envy and jealousy
Pathetic

The present state of Nobraska football

Meh, get over it guys. Scott Frost came here because he saw what was already here in place. He used it as a stepping stone, but it happened probably a year or two faster than even he thought. So what does that tell you? It tells you that most of the pieces were already in place. I think we will see that Scott Frost's best contribution was McKenzie Milton. That kid's vision is uncanny. His ability to run the offense, read the defense and make adjustments on the fly has made Scott Frost a hot commodity. If McKenzie got injured this season we probably lose 3 games at least.

Meh, get over it guys. Scott Frost came here because he saw what was already here in place. He used it as a stepping stone, but it happened probably a year or two faster than even he thought. So what does that tell you? It tells you that most of the pieces were already in place. I think we will see that Scott Frost's best contribution was McKenzie Milton. That kid's vision is uncanny. His ability to run the offense, read the defense and make adjustments on the fly has made Scott Frost a hot commodity. If McKenzie got injured this season we probably lose 3 games at least.
And then would have been stuck with Frost. Amazing what a QB can do for a team.

Since joining a conference...UCF has been winning or playing in championship games practically every year...long before Frost. Frost is an excellent coach who will bring Nebraska back....but UCF will continue to win championships..... as we did long before Frost

Divisional championship
C-USA East George O'Leary

Conference championship
2007 C-USA George O'Leary 10–4 7–1
2010 George O'Leary 11–3 7–1

Divisional championship
† George O'Leary

Conference championships
2013 The American George O'Leary 12–1 8–0
2014† George O'Leary 9–4 7–1
2017 The American Scott Frost 12–0 9–0

And now you are better off then you ever were before. No regrets

Last edited:
Love how pathetic and desperate all the corn shuckers are! [jumpingsmile]
Acting like Frost is the best thing that ever happened to us.

Frost had ONE winning season of his two years here.

McDowell and Kruczek had us flinging the ball all over the field, almost beating Nebraska and several other "power" teams despite the fact we had just moved up to division 1A. They had us competing in and winning Div II and 1-AA playoff games most of our years in those divisions.

O'Leary gave us four conference championships.
O'Leary gave us the first indoor practice facility of ANY team in the state of Florida.
O'Leary gave us the focus on academics (which recruits parents LOVE) making UCF the top football program at an FBS public university in NCAA academic success.
O'Leary gave us our first bowl appearances and wins.
O'Leary got us our first BCS/NY6 bowl appearance and win.
O'Leary and Orsini (his Ga Tech buddy who was our AD at the time) convinced enough big $$$ donors to step up that we were able to build our on campus stadium.

I'm glad Frost was here, but he was not around long enough to build any kind of legacy.

You never know how things are going to play out. But, on paper our new coaches appear to be an overall upgrade.

Heuple had the highest scoring offense in the SEC. Our new DC Randy Shannon would coach circles around Chinander and Shannon is a recruiting all star in Florida...especially the Miami area where he is like a coaching god. Despite having the most amazing all star players in Hughes (CB), Griffin (LB), and SEC quality D-Lineman in Pittman & Hill, Chinander's defense almost cost us three games this year.

Reactions: 90Knight and Mikesi
Kruczek had us flinging the ball all over the field, almost beating Nebraska and several other "power" teams despite the fact we had just moved up to division 1A
This!! Additionally, It happened during their glory days with you know who

Sure, he turned this program around in just two years and I sure did enjoy this season, but was it worth the complete gutting of our coaching staff, possibly/likely setting this program back again?

I never thought I would hate a coach that took us from 0-12 to 12-0, but somehow he managed it. It's going to be hard enjoying the Peach Bowl seeing his face on the sideline.

When he first announced he was leaving I wished the best for him, but now that he's taking our recruits and coaches, I hope Nebraska fails hard.
Hey, corn cob!! Don’t care what you call this New Years six bowl playin’ university. We don’t have 100 some odd years of history but you can bet that cob up your backside that we would smoke any of your teams from the last 20 Year’s.

Reactions: UCFBS
If it wasn't for its P5 status, there would be no Nebraska fanbase. Most of them are P5 socialites....nothing more. All they do is pound their chests and yell P5! If they got stripped fo status, they'd be overtaken by NDSU or Haweye fans.
On that note - @BG_Knightmare please ban the Nebraska posters and lock this thread.

Reactions: LemmyKilmister

Still 4-8

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT