ADVERTISEMENT

Regretting hiring Scott Frost yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightsAreForReal

Two-Star Recruit
Sep 4, 2010
Sure, he turned this program around in just two years and I sure did enjoy this season, but was it worth the complete gutting of our coaching staff, possibly/likely setting this program back again?

I never thought I would hate a coach that took us from 0-12 to 12-0, but somehow he managed it. It's going to be hard enjoying the Peach Bowl seeing his face on the sideline.

When he first announced he was leaving I wished the best for him, but now that he's taking our recruits and coaches, I hope Nebraska fails hard.

Sure, he turned this program around in just two years and I sure did enjoy this season, but was it worth the complete gutting of our coaching staff, possibly/likely setting this program back again?

I never thought I would hate a coach that took us from 0-12 to 12-0, but somehow he managed it. It's going to be hard enjoying the Peach Bowl seeing his face on the sideline.

When he first announced he was leaving I wished the best for him, but now that he's taking our recruits and coaches, I hope Nebraska fails hard.
Would you rather be USF right now? No

No. I'll take a ruthless grinder that goes 12-0 vs 4-8 / 8-4 roller coasters from a retread

Go Big Red

Nope. Frost and staff got us to where we are this year and our success enabled us to hire a very experienced offensive coach as HC and one of the best names in defense as the D Coord.

I’m with square on this one. The only thing I regret is not knowing for sure what would have happened had Frost stayed.

We’ve traded an almost certain upward trajectory for a probably upward trajectory and both are lightyears better than where we were after our winless season.

I don't regret it either. We got a 12-0 season record and championship that can't be taken away. Not a damn thing in the future was guaranteed with Frost here. An injury or bad bounce could have killed future success.

I say go home if that's where he wants to be. I'm gonna ride with the guys who are here - like Snelson (standing up like a BOSS).

Reactions: ucfversusbcs

You guys are dumb. You are a scorn whiny crybaby thats upset a good thing is ending. If he sucked or was average and he “gutted” the program you wouldn’t give a shit. You got the highest rating ever for UCF, a conference championship and plenty of national exposure. Now you wish you had never hired him? That’s the dumbest shit I ever heard.

Reactions: PilotDoctor
You guys are dumb. You are a scorn whiny crybaby thats upset a good thing is ending. If he sucked or was average and he “gutted” the program you wouldn’t give a shit. You got the highest rating ever for UCF, a conference championship and plenty of national exposure. Now you wish you had never hired him? That’s the dumbest shit I ever heard.
I agree. I think almost any program that's used to some kind of success and has years of solid foundation won't be affected too badly if the coach decides to leave and takes the entire staff...whether its UCF or Nebraska. This isn't the NCAA penalizing SMU ffs.

Steelers have won Super Bowls with 3 totally different staffs. Bama has won with different staffs, Ohio State, Miami, FSU etc. it's not a big deal. We can win without Culpepper, without GOL and without last years coaches.

UCF has all the ingredients to be successful no matter who is the coach. The only thing that sucks about frost leaving is it will be difficult to replicate the success of 2017 in 2018 with an entirely new staff and system. Will be very difficult. Long term UCF will be fine it’s just that 2018 would have been a unique opportunity to make a run if the staff and many key players returned.

Not a chance! We knew he would be gone if he got us to the level we're at. This is the system the P5 created and we have to deal with it as best we can. While we may never play for a national championship in this system, we have plenty of players being drafted in the NFL. I don't think we will lose many recruits to Neblaska now matter how much they like Frosty.

Don't regret hiring him, but wish Danny had thought of the "$10M buyout before bowl" clause when he wrote Frost's contract

It will be interesting to see if these larger buy out clauses will be used by other G5 schools. It might keep some of the coaches here longer or make it rain if we do get poached. If Nebraska had to pay an additional $7MM on the $3MM they did pay, do you think he would have been as attractive?

It will be interesting to see if these larger buy out clauses will be used by other G5 schools. It might keep some of the coaches here longer or make it rain if we do get poached. If Nebraska had to pay an additional $7MM on the $3MM they did pay, do you think he would have been as attractive?
JH wanted the UCF job bad enough that he agreed to it. Not every coach/agent will agree to it

Yes was basically a tax when compared to 75 mill he will get.

One thing that wasn’t mentioned yet is that frost allowed us to keep USF from winning a championship BOTH years:

Last year by losing to Temple who, eventually, got into the Championship game over USF by tiebreaker (I think) and this year by beating them directly. Both ended in agonizing end of the year situations for the cows :)

JH wanted the UCF job bad enough that he agreed to it. Not every coach/agent will agree to it
It shows commitment to the program. If a top P5 program does want to poach a coach, a big buyout won’t stop them if they are dead set. Nebraska wouldn’t have blinked an eye to pay 10 mil to get frost. But 10 mil vs 3 mil does a lot more to leave the program on good shape financially. It isn’t the coach that pays these big buyouts, but the school that gets them. The bigger buyout just means only the bigger names schools will potentially come calling.

Reactions: knightraveler
No regrets. He was here and in a week or 2 will be here, then he will be adios amigos.

He's the best thing that's ever happened to your 2nd rate group of 5 program! He's leaving for 1 of the greatest programs of all time, get over it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT