ADVERTISEMENT

Respect to LSU

Knight Strength

Golden Knight
Feb 2, 2018
LSU was down several players and UCF was down a couple including Milton but I don't play the hypothetical and "what if" games.

Everybody played the hand they were dealt and LSU won.

For our team, anybody who's played sports before knows you lose games some times. Don't let the last bad play or game get to you. Only focus on the next play. Trust your brothers, and let's go 1-0 next time.

LSU was the better team no doubt. They picked apart the UCF defense in the passing game. Can’t give up 40 and expect to win a game. Both teams made crucial mistakes and UCF could have won if a couple breaks went their way, but LSU was the better football team overall. Unlike last year when UCF was clearly better than Auburn watching the game play out. Losing a terror at linebacker and lock down #1 corner to the NFL hurt.

LSU was clearly the better team. I don’t mind admitting that as a UCF fan. Props to them. It’s incredibly impressive that 7-8 starters were out and they didn’t miss a beat. The quality depth and caliber of coaching was evident. With the win against UCF, I think LSU had four Top 10 wins this year. They are a really good team. Having said that, I’m proud of UCF hanging for in there and making a game of it. With the loss, the wheels are not falling off for UCF as the haters would like to think. UCF will keep building this thing and close the overall program gap that exists now versus the top echelon football programs. Once the P5 invite comes, the doors blow off this thing. Go Knights. Charge On!

LSU was clearly the better team. I don’t mind admitting that as a UCF fan. Props to them. It’s incredibly impressive that 7-8 starters were out and they didn’t miss a beat. The quality depth and caliber of coaching was evident. With the win against UCF, I think LSU had four Top 10 wins this year. They are a really good team. Having said that, I’m proud of UCF hanging for in there and making a game of it. With the loss, the wheels are not falling off for UCF as the haters would like to think. UCF will keep building this thing and close the overall program gap that exists now versus the top echelon football programs. Once the P5 invite comes, the doors blow off this thing. Go Knights. Charge On!
FYI. UCF won't be a top 10 win because in the Final AP poll we won't be in the top 10. We should finish in the top 15, though. Nonetheless it's a quality win for LSU, and we get our first "Quality Loss" from an SEC team in quite a while. It's only a top "whatever" win if they are ranked in the final AP poll.

Actually, I just checked and LSU currently has three top 25 wins: Georgia (because of the love-fest for them should finish 10-15 but will probably stay in the top 10), Miss State (top 15), and UCF (top 15?). They have three losses against other top 25 teams (Florida, Bama, and Texas A&M).

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight Strength
LSU dominated the game in a lot of ways.

Our offense gave up too many sacks/pressures/tackles for loss. After the first TD drive, we had almost zero flow on offense.

We didn’t play well, but still had a chance to win. WRs needed to come up with some catches. Oh well.

their Oline was massive. How many Olines in the country are better than theirs? Maybe 2-3?
Yep. Pass rushing on both sides was the difference in the game. UCF couldn’t generate an effective pass rush and LSU was constantly getting pressure on Mack. Run defense for UCF was actually pretty solid.

Reactions: ahabmw
Major props to LSU. They were the better team. I never thought this team was as good as last year. Any objective fan realizes this. But it just proves how good we truly were last year. 5 players drafted.

It sucks that we have to win 25 in a row to even get in the conversation because while this years team didn’t belong in the playoffs, last years team did.

Reactions: ucfcracker
Major props to LSU. They were the better team. I never thought this team was as good as last year. Any objective fan realizes this. But it just proves how good we truly were last year. 5 players drafted.

It sucks that we have to win 25 in a row to even get in the conversation because while this years team didn’t belong in the playoffs, last years team did.
As far as I know, at least 7 took snaps. Pretty awesome for seven kids to get PT at the next level, even if it was limited.

While our Shaqueem Griffith was more disruptive last year, LSUs Devin Smith did his job in keeping their defense together. They had the speed, experience and tenacity this time.

LSU was the better team, so props to them. I'm proud of our team though, never stopped fighting. Regroup in the offseason and make another run at it next year. I think Mack will grow by leaps and bounds with the experience he gained this year. Losing by 8 points to a top 10 LSU team is nothing to be ashamed of.

LSU was down several players and UCF was down a couple including Milton but I don't play the hypothetical and "what if" games.

For our team, anybody who's played sports before knows you lose games some times. Don't let the last bad play or game get to you. Only focus on the next play. Trust your brothers, and let's go 1-0 next time.

This what you have to ask yourself. Do you think Milton would have done more than Mack? I believe the answer is yes. Milton has better pocket awareness, better accuracy and better at scrambling. I think if we had Milton we would have won this game. However, with all the NFL talent LSU lost, they would have beat us if they were all playing imo. It was a very entertaining game and both teams played their hardest to the end.

Those things can all be true together. LSU was the better team yesterday, but with Milton we would have been a different team.
If UCF fans don’t think Milton makes a 20 point difference, then that’s really disrespectful

Anyone watch West Virginia vs Syracuse?

We have Milton and we are 26-0 and bashing the crap out of all these idiots who think LSU
and the SEC are so much better than UCF

With Mack, LSU is obviously better, but with a few breaks.........

If UCF fans don’t think Milton makes a 20 point difference, then that’s really disrespectful

We have Milton and we are 26-0 and bashing the crap out of all these idiots who think LSU

No other position elevates a team and Program like QB. Especially when you don't recruit at a Bama or Clemson level at every other position. It's better to have too many QBs that are good enough to be the man and have 1 transfer out every 2 years than to be complacent and be scared to take in talent to not hurt anyone's feelings. When the Justin Fields transfer options rumor came up I saw a lot of UCF fans on twitter say they didn't want him based on one half of Mack vs a crappy Memphis Defense /facepalm

Does LSU get their players back too?

Reactions: bluechip12
Does LSU get their players back too?
I get it. I’m not sure how much a starting QB is worth vs a couple of very good DBs and a defensive lineman.

An LSU fan mentioned that on my flight home. However, you guys are supposed to have pretty good talent as backups.

Let me ask you something. What happens if you’re down YOUR QB?

The same LSU fan on my flight home said that he’s played about 4 snaps

Seriously? KZ wins this game hands down for us. And take away that dumbass penalty by Hill when we were up 2 scores, and we kill their spirit right then and there. That single penalty, which lead to a TD, put them right back into the game, and ended up being the difference. LSU didn't beat us. We beat ourselves.

Seriously? KZ wins this game hands down for us. And take away that dumbass penalty by Hill when we were up 2 scores, and we kill their spirit right then and there. That single penalty, which lead to a TD, put them right back into the game, and ended up being the difference. LSU didn't beat us. We beat ourselves.
I think it was Charlton. Did that make the difference? It certainly didn’t help. It may have delayed the inevitable. Maybe

LOL, the C.Florida Coulda, Shoulda, Woulda's lost against LSU's third string defense...kz wasn't too cocky sitting on the bench with his snapped leg and his hood up.

Reactions: MAC587
I get it. I’m not sure how much a starting QB is worth vs a couple of very good DBs and a defensive lineman.

An LSU fan mentioned that on my flight home. However, you guys are supposed to have pretty good talent as backups.

Let me ask you something. What happens if you’re down YOUR QB?

The same LSU fan on my flight home said that he’s played about 4 snaps

If La tech could score on Greedy, Devin and their starting lineup, kz would have no problems either.
But they did not play so who cares.

Reactions: Mikesi
I respect LSU as a great football team. However I have a feeling anything respectable probably ends there for pretty much every LSU player that has opened their mouth since the game ended. Wish them the best in sports. With Coach O being a class act, the level of hubris in that locker room must be rough.

LSU is all 4 to 5 star HS recruits/players. UCF is 0 to 3 star recruits/players. Just a note :)

LSU is all 4 to 5 star HS recruits/players. UCF is 0 to 3 star recruits/players. Just a note :)
LSU recruits 3 stars as well (4 of them in the 2019 class on defense). UCF doesn’t recruit just “0-3 stars”. All UCFs recruits this year are at least 3 star. Gilyard and Kyle Gibson were 4 stars. There is a recruiting difference but the gap isn’t as wide as you make it seem. Parity is growing in college football outside of a couple of programs. There is too much talent out there in high school for everyone to get scooped up by a brand name school.

LSU recruits 3 stars as well (4 of them in the 2019 class on defense). UCF doesn’t recruit just “0-3 stars”. All UCFs recruits this year are at least 3 star. Gilyard and Kyle Gibson were 4 stars. There is a recruiting difference but the gap isn’t as wide as you make it seem. Parity is growing in college football outside of a couple of programs. There is too much talent out there in high school for everyone to get scooped up by a brand name school.

And I think the biggest difference is in the trenches. Much of the other areas are much more equal than most of us think.

Reactions: Mikesi
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT