ADVERTISEMENT

Roth Tower Renovation Expected to be Complete for '26 Season

I don't think itll change much, just some more shade for the west/northwest stands in the later hours.

The expansion to Roth tower is definitely a welcomed addition to the stadium, but to me, it seems a little underwhelming. At face value, they’re just adding small wings to the current structure and cladding on a new exterior.

I was hoping they would end up with constructing the additional end zone tower that was shown in the renderings only a few years ago. I think that would’ve really improved the appearance of the stadium overall by having multiple areas of premium seating.

The expansion to Roth tower is definitely a welcomed addition to the stadium, but to me, it seems a little underwhelming. At face value, they’re just adding small wings to the current structure and cladding on a new exterior.

I was hoping they would end up with constructing the additional end zone tower that was shown in the renderings only a few years ago. I think that would’ve really improved the appearance of the stadium overall by having multiple areas of premium seating.
Terry is catering to the high end and ignoring the average fan comfort of the stadium. that stadium gets brutally hot bc of all of the exposed steel yet all these years minimal improvement to make that better. It is hotter than concrete stadiums and why a lot of fans leave early

are there any projections on the shade that will be provided from the shadows of this new tower?
I sit in 212 right now (upper deck...first section not currently with the Roth Tower behind it). Start to get shade ~3-3:30pm. They could figure out a way to shade more people if they want to, or shade people earlier in the day. Whether they will or not is TBD.

My question is what is going to happen to the seats in those 4 sections currently shown in front of the newly expanded Roth Tower. Do they stay "regular" seats or do they F us and upgrade them to being like the rest of the Roth Tower seating, which means shelling out more money for the same seats...a good chunk more.

If this is the case there will basically be no "regular" seating from one endzone to the other. Every seat will be premium/cabana.

• Sad
Reactions: Yaes
I've been saying this for years, we need to add more shade and soften up the wall around the field. There is no reason why they can't extend overhang to provide some sun relief to the home fans for those early games. Additionally, we need to add some shrubs or vegitation around the wall. Take a look at what Auburn has done. You can't tell me that adding trees or shrubs around the two sides would take a lot of money. If not, add a brick facade to break up the aluminum feel. I love our stadium, it's our home, but we need to focus on the basics.

Additionally, we need to add some shrubs or vegitation around the wall. Take a look at what Auburn has done. You can't tell me that adding trees or shrubs around the two sides would take a lot of money. If not, add a brick facade to break up the aluminum feel. I love our stadium, it's our home, but we need to focus on the basics.
This alone would make the stadium look so much better. the shiny aluminum and steel doesn’t look good.

Terry is catering to the high end and ignoring the average fan comfort of the stadium. that stadium gets brutally hot bc of all of the exposed steel yet all these years minimal improvement to make that better. It is hotter than concrete stadiums and why a lot of fans leave early
Concrete vs. Metal doesn't work on heat like you think it does. Concrete retains that heat for much longer than the metal.

I don't disagree with more shade needed.

Reactions: connerito
Drones that hover above the stadium to provide shade only as needed. Make it happen.
or drones that mist like the ones they use in farming to replace what prop planes currently do. with the way these florida summers are trending they need to prioritize fan comfort and safety.

Concrete vs. Metal doesn't work on heat like you think it does. Concrete retains that heat for much longer than the metal.

I don't disagree with more shade needed.
the concrete floor w bleacher is not as hot as the floor at UCF’s stadium

There is nothing that can be done to shade the east side stands, except maybe the top 10 rows or so. Even with a large overhang, in a 12: Noon game almost all the seats would be in the sun by the middle of the 2nd quarter.

A large overhang on top of the tower would add 10's of millions of dollars to the cost.

The tower is not just being expanded toward the goal lines, it is also going to be deeper. The current tower is extremely narrow...barely functional. Total square footage will increase significantly.

Why not keep the existing tower and add the new one on the other side of the stadium? Does anyone know the plans for the other side?

There are no announced firm or even tentative plans for the east side. Many believe that eventually a third deck of seats might be added on the east side, but demand for tickets is not high enough yet to add that many additional seats.

There is demand for additional Premium Seating (Tower Suites and Tower Club), but not enough to build an entirely new tower on the east side. Plus, a tower on the east side would make it impossible to add additional general seating there if we want to in the future.

Reactions: AuburnLegacy_1
I hope to god they don't turn the FB stadium into Frankenstein's monster...oh I mean that F-up of a baseball stadium.

It’s amazing how much progress we have made over last decade, including all the renovations done recently. Congratulations to the men before President Hitt n AD White (for getting us there ) and President Cartwright and AD TM (for taking us further)

Last edited:
Reactions: 90Knight
If the Romans figured out how to shade the Colosseum, why can't UCF figure out how to shade the Bounce Oven?
7256723e2bffaf1f9b6ae226373f52a0.jpg

While the new tower will be longer than the old one...it will be a lot more deeper...which is why the club/event space will be much more larger and valuable as this space can be used and rented out year round.

GKP4-Bp-Ebk-AAq3-VR.jpg

If the Romans figured out how to shade the Colosseum, why can't UCF figure out how to shade the Bounce Oven?
7256723e2bffaf1f9b6ae226373f52a0.jpg
1. The east side stands face directly into the sun as it goes down in the west. It's physically impossible to shield most of the east side stands unless you build a complete dome.

2. UCF could build something like the shade structure Miami has. All you need is a hundred million dollars. 🤣

1. The east side stands face directly into the sun as it goes down in the west. It's physically impossible to shield most of the east side stands unless you build a complete dome.

2. UCF could build something like the shade structure Miami has. All you need is a hundred million dollars. 🤣
Is that all we need? Let me check couch cushions.

Reactions: connerito
No one said or expects 100% shade coverage or Jerry World

Even if additions were made where 50-60% got coverage that is a major improvement..older fans and those sensitive to the heat and sun could look for tickets in those sections

Reactions: Robert0122
This is an architectural drawing that UCF shared when they were modifying the east side to create the cabana club. I added the overhang and sun diagram to illustrate the following point. It would take a pretty substantial (read expensive) structure to even extend an overhang just over the upper deck. But even under the best of circumstances (a Noon game) by the time you reach the 3rd quarter, half of the seats are in full sun.

3d9YfEM.jpg

As someone who fits every high risk category there is for skin cancer, I certainly understand the desire for shade. I'm just not sure it is a realistic expectation for the east side stands.

The new tower will provide a significant increase in shade for the west side. The tower appears to extend about an additional 15 yards in each direction past the current tower. And, unlike the current tower, the concept drawing of the new tower shows a small overhang that will give shade for all day games earlier than what that side currently experiences.

Section 207, 208, 212 and 213 are not club seating areas, so for significantly less than Cabana tickets a person can get seats in the top 10 rows of those sections and be in the shade for at least 3 of the 4 quarters of a Noon game and for an entire game that starts after 1:00 pm.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT