ADVERTISEMENT

Rumors about Mckenzie Milton's Injury.

Miller, Bears TE the most recent.

Whoa, I think you are getting a little ahead of yourself.....

Bears' Zach Miller still hopes to play in NFL again despite career-threatening injury

"With my doctors and everyone I spoke to, we're not going to put any set limitations on this," Miller said prior to the Bears' three-day mandatory minicamp. We're just going to take it as it goes. There has not been a definitive, 'you can never do this again."

Whoa, I think you are getting a little ahead of yourself.....

Bears' Zach Miller still hopes to play in NFL again despite career-threatening injury

"With my doctors and everyone I spoke to, we're not going to put any set limitations on this," Miller said prior to the Bears' three-day mandatory minicamp. We're just going to take it as it goes. There has not been a definitive, 'you can never do this again."
But he hasn’t yet. Hoping to play is the same as anyone who is going through rehab. He won’t play again. Only 25% of players who suffer major dislocation without vascular surgery ever okay again. Drastically lower with the vascular.

https://amp.courier-journal.com/amp/1062366002

But he hasn’t yet. Hoping to play is the same as anyone who is going through rehab. He won’t play again. Only 25% of players who suffer major dislocation without vascular surgery ever okay again. Drastically lower with the vascular.

https://amp.courier-journal.com/amp/1062366002

"It's a horrific injury," Cooper told ESPN. "You've torn every single thing in your knee and it's hanging on by one ligament on one side like a hinge."

What exactly has KZ torn is his knee???????? You have no idea

Sure odds may be against him but your assumptions are merely based upon speculation and unknowns.....

Reactions: Mikesi
My speculation is the similar to BGs. He ruptured an artery which means there was enough force and resulting movement of the joing to tear several ligaments. Additionally, spectators saw his leg and some who are experts in rehab believe it was a severe dislocation. One even commented to me that he thought KZs leg would be amputated that very night. He'll have surgery to repair/replace a number of ligaments and recovery can tale a year or more.

I'm not saying any of this to be a downer or a *ick. I love that guy. I'm rooting for him with all my heart and think he should consider everything including trial medications and banned substances to enhance his recovery. Everything it takes to reach his goals.

My speculation is the similar to BGs. He ruptured an artery which means there was enough force and resulting movement of the joing to tear several ligaments. Additionally, spectators saw his leg and some who are experts in rehab believe it was a severe dislocation. One even commented to me that he thought KZs leg would be amputated that very night. He'll have surgery to repair/replace a number of ligaments and recovery can tale a year or more.

I'm not saying any of this to be a downer or a *ick. I love that guy. I'm rooting for him with all my heart and think he should consider everything including trial medications and banned substances to enhance his recovery. Everything it takes to reach his goals.

Once again key word is "My speculation", no facts or details. So you too are making a leap based upon assumptions. Certainly your prerogative. How do you know he ruptured an artery???? Im not a doctor but I know blood flow issues don't have to be a ruptured artery. Given my background I am conditioned to only make factual based conclusions.....without the exact details, even the experts can only speculate. That is just me, anyone else can make leaps and jump to all the conclusions they want.....I will leave it at that

Guys, it's great that most of you are trying to be optimistic about MM and it's touching how everyone boasts that he's a warrior etc. but I don't need to be an orthopedic surgeon or need to look at his charts to know that his UCF career is OVER.

The kid had a very trumatic injury, getting carted away, having emergency surgery that night and is Still in the hospital??!

Maybe he takes a symbolic snap at the end of next season but there's no doubt in my mind he took his last snap for UCF last weekend.

Once again key word is "My speculation", no facts or details. So you too are making a leap based upon assumptions. Certainly your prerogative. How do you know he ruptured an artery???? Im not a doctor but I know blood flow issues don't have to be a ruptured artery. Given my background I am conditioned to only make factual based conclusions.....without the exact details, even the experts can only speculate. That is just me, anyone else can make leaps and jump to all the conclusions they want.....I will leave it at that
No arguments here. I said "speculation" because I agree with your interpretation of the word in previous posts and acknowledge that my understanding of the situation is partly speculation.

Reactions: JAFFX2
It probably was a high pressure flowing vessel to an area requiring blood flow to survive which is USUALLY an artery, but that is not 100% certain either, because we are not authorized and privileged to review his medical records

Reactions: JAFFX2
It probably was a high pressure flowing vessel to an area requiring blood flow to survive which is USUALLY an artery, but that is not 100% certain either, because we are not authorized and privileged to review his medical records

Dr. M is it possible that blood flow issues could have been a result of a compressed or impinged high pressure flowing vessel and could that be less severe than ruptured?

And BTW I would totally understand if we skip this and move on to more relevant UCF threads that are more worthy of our time....

Last edited:
Guys, it's great that most of you are trying to be optimistic about MM and it's touching how everyone boasts that he's a warrior etc. but I don't need to be an orthopedic surgeon or need to look at his charts to know that his UCF career is OVER.

The kid had a very trumatic injury, getting carted away, having emergency surgery that night and is Still in the hospital??!

Maybe he takes a symbolic snap at the end of next season but there's no doubt in my mind he took his last snap for UCF last weekend.
Sadly, this is probably the case.

Dr. M is it possible that blood flow issues could have been a result of a compressed or impinged high pressure flowing vessel and could that be less severe than ruptured?
No comment on the title.

Only from what was reported, which is not factual:

It was a traumatic injury. A dislocation

It’s complicated.

Often displacement, lateral, or “sheering” forces are involved. Therefore, a ruptured vessel is likely. However, compression or impinged vessels are certainly possible.

Additionally, areas of the body, leg and more specifically a knee joint may have collateral circulation that feeds the affected area with a blood supply even though one or more vessels may be compromised. This limits the amount of damage to tissue adjacent to or directly involving the affected area or areas based on one vessel or multiple vessels being affected.

As you can see from this answer, speculation is completely ridiculous based on way too many variables and limited information.

This answer doesn’t even address further surgery for torn ligaments, how many ligaments are affected if any, nerve damage, or the affect of compromised blood flow on future surgeries, the recovery potential/prognosis and length of recovery period.

The relatively short time interval for emergency surgery and it being at Tampa General was a blessing to say the least.

No comment on the title.

It’s complicated.

Often displacement, lateral, or “sheering” forces are involved. Therefore, a ruptured vessel is likely. However, compression or impinged vessels are certainly possible.

Additionally, areas of the body, leg and more specifically a knee joint may have collateral circulation that feeds the affected area with a blood supply even though one or more vessels may be compromised. This limits the amount of damage to tissue adjacent to or directly involving the affected area or areas based on one vessel or multiple vessels being affected.

As you can see from this answer, speculation is completely ridiculous based on way too many variables and limited information.

This answer doesn’t even address further surgery for torn ligaments, how many ligaments are affected if any, nerve damage, or the affect of compromised blood flow on future surgeries, the recovery potential/prognosis and length of recovery period.

The relatively short time interval for emergency surgery and it being at Tampa General was a blessing to say the least.

Very insightful, great post.....thanks!

No comment on the title.

It’s complicated.

FYI, a little light reading that I found fascinating........

Vascular and Nerve Injury After Knee Dislocation: A Systematic Review

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4117866/

Very insightful, great post.....thanks!
Welcome

Funny thing is that this is a barbaric “caveman” answer compared to what an orthopedic surgeon who’s directly involved in the case knows. That’s what makes speculation especially ridiculous

Even the surgeon or surgeons directly involved don’t have all the answers on the future prognosis for MM

Welcome

Funny thing is that this is a barbaric “caveman” answer compared to what an orthopedic surgeon who’s directly involved in the case knows. That’s what makes speculation especially ridiculous

Even the surgeon or surgeons directly involved don’t have all the answers on the future prognosis for MM

[thumb2]

Couldn't agree with you more and I don't know that from personal experience, related knowledge, or anything I have read but IMO what you are saying is so to the point and intuitively obvious.

Being in the hospital for one week means nothing. I was in for two weeks and then rehab hospital for another two with multiple breaks to my right leg, foot and ankle with lost knee cap. Wheel chair for 3 months with leg immobilized and no weight bearing the entire 4 months. Started at almost 0 degrees of downward bending angle. Long road but got almost all range of motion back. Lack of stability that never came back was the problem.

When he went down I said I hoped it was a big bone break and not a knee issue. Big bone is way more recoverable but you’d still be in the hospital for weeks so that time is not a thing. Get a rod and screws and work your way back. Loss of stability is hardest to recover in the ankle and then the knee. That’s why even “standard” acl/mcl are usually a full year and sometimes career ending. Dislocation in addition to breaks/disruption of bones in the ankle or knee compounds the issue along with ligament repairs and possible irreversible damage from blood circulation loss and nerve damage.

The whole deal is really stability (assuming no major irreversible loss/damage...no real credible info on this yet). I had some great PTs and I assume his would be better but the injury dictates your maximum medical improvement level. His surgeons and then individual anatomy will dictate how far he could come back (in combination if there was irreversible damage from blood circulation loss and nerve damage...it took me like 8-10 years to get feeling back on my knee but my cap was gone among other damage differences without getting too graphic).

It is more possible or logical, if all things go well and his anatomy allows it, to return as a pocket passer with a huge brace on and not move much (like Tom Brady or Dan Marino). The issue would be that isn’t his game and that isn’t offenses much anymore and he is not the height for a pocket guy. Watching the TD complilation showed it wasn’t just his running ability but scrambling in the pocket to extend plays to throw, throwing on the run, and threat to run that “made” most of those plays. If he was as tall as Brady he could potentially be a statue in the pocket and use his superb football IQ to distribute the ball quickly like Brady. He isn’t. The problem to make even that that happen will be stability if the knee can handle basic movement within and a few steps around and out of the pocket....to say the least on high stress cuts or taking hits. His knee may just give way all the time even repaired and strengthened. It may be only one angle. I don’t think the knee would just pop out like shoulders or ankles tend to after a dislocation but it would be enough where he would just take a certain step and just lose balance and fall down. Also, perfectly healthy players with no previous injury history get non contact turf monster injuries that end careers.

He’s a competitor and will push like crazy I’m sure. There is a potential window (we don't have all the specifics of the injury, irreversible damage, and how is anatomy will react to the surgeries to return stability) so saying no way is a nice me first to call it thing but not based on what is out in public knowledge yet. I’m just glad he didn’t lose his lower leg from the injury. I know the road he has to get back to “normal” again. Playing a collegiate sport is another thing but think of all the players that get hurt and come back. It boggles your mind that a non-injured person at that level wouldn’t always beat out surgically repaired players with a year or more of rehab but it happens all the time in all different sports with all types of injuries.

TL/DR but it irritates me when people are so sure they know what’s going to happen (nothing against this specific poster). I’ve been through most of what he will and I don’t have it all figured out. Nor do his Drs. Mine couldn’t tell me my MMI with any specificity. Just had to do the work and see where it ended up. The odds are strongly stacked against him for sure in what has come out already and it is possible he is done already but that info is not common knowledge. He’ll either retire from the game soon and we’ll know or we’ll know late 2019 or early 2020 if he has a path back for 2020 season (I don’t think 2019 is likely even in the best case...but who knows). Let’s leave it be and cheer like crazy for the other guys who made this the best time ever to be a Knight. I’m proud of them all. 10hana!

Last edited:
Like I said to start this post, Rumors is and I have not been living under a rock! Nobody really knows what the severity of this injury is and what exactly is going on! Just really concerned for this young man and nobody knows what the future holds for him!!!

Reactions: JAFFX2 and Mikesi
Miller, Bears TE the most recent.
A TE has different skill set requirements than a QB to play football. When I broke my leg my father asked the doctor if my growth spurt was over. He said everything indicated that it was and I would remain a short person (5'4"). I grew 7 inches in the next 3-6 months (eventually 6'1"). Just let this play out.

Reactions: Knight Strength
A TE has different skill set requirements than a QB to play football. When I broke my leg my father asked the doctor if my growth spurt was over. He said everything indicated that it was and I would remain a short person (5'4"). I grew 7 inches in the next 3-6 months (eventually 6'1"). Just let this play out.
Yeah but it’s his right knee correct? Pretty important for a qb who’s right handed

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT