ADVERTISEMENT

***Ryan Swoboda says OL continues to jell; preparing for loud environment at ECU ⚔🏈

Brandon

Publisher
Staff
May 28, 2001
Winter Park, FL
www.ucfsports.com

UCF right tackle Ryan Swoboda, a graduate transfer from Virginia, has made a seamless transition within the offensive line.

The same can be said for fellow transfer and left tackle Tylan Grable. The duo are among UCF's top-graded offensive players according to PFF.

Swoboda appeared at Monday's press conference in advance of this Saturday's game at East Carolina.

I started things off by asking Ryan if he was jealous his tackle counterpart Tylan Grable had an offensive play drawn up for him vs. Temple that nearly resulted in a touchdown.

"That would have been a unit touchdown. Tylan can move and catch. Coach Malzahn was happy (Grable didn't extend and potentially put the ball in jeopardy to try and score) but I kind of wanted him to."

Swoboda is 6-foot-10. I commented that he could be utilized in the back of the end zone.

"I know that. You should have told Coach Malzahn. He was just here."

Swoboda feels the unit has gotten better every week.

"We take pride in being able to run the ball and guys making big plays. When you have so many talented guys, it's a lot of fun. I think we're really jelling as a unit. All five guys and everybody else, we're all really close."

Was this the OL's best game vs. Temple? He says they played well, but they can play better. They haven't played their best football.

Swoboda talked about OL success being a group of five but "one set of eyes." Said the chemistry has continued to improve.

ECU has been competitive with everyone. They've had a little extra time to review their film. They have guys that can make plays.

Asked about the road game environment, Swoboda said it will be challenging. They have veterans though with experience. He thinks they might wear ear plugs during practice this week so it's harder to hear completely. You can't really mimic exactly how it's going to be though.

Swoboda was asked about ECU being a "trap game" but he disagreed. Says they're a good team and how it's the most important game of the season because it's the next game.

Ryan told Trace he was excited to see his video clip on his Twitter account.

On JRP, he said his play elevates everyone around him.

Is he a BBQ guy? He is. Enjoys a rack of ribs. But he has not been to Greenville and has not tried their BBQ.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News