ADVERTISEMENT

Saving everyone a lot of time, thoughts, and worry

Stormthecourt?

Golden Knight
Jan 19, 2012
just going to say it now so everyone can brace themselves for early December 2018

UCF will not make the CFP invitational next season

Several reasons for this statement, even though I think we will run the table again:
1. The committee will not want to admit they were wrong this past season by keeping us so low, so they will double down on starting us in the high teens and hardly moving us up.
2. They are livid that we made a mockery, these last 8 days, of their entire system and will punish us as much as possible next season.

Undefeated two season in a row is a tall task, but definitely doable. IMO, to be left out after going 27-0 would bring down the immediate downfall of the CFI. At the same time, I would not rule anything out for the CFI judges......

Last edited:
Reactions: Stormthecourt?
27-0 and they know they’re staring down another contested national champion debate. If the put us in and we lose (as they expect), then they squash any future claims from G5 teams.
I don’t think they would risk us winning the whole thing. It would bring down the whole house of cards

Reactions: UCFhonors
I don’t think they would risk us winning the whole thing. It would bring down the whole house of cards
I agree. Even if we got run off the field, so what, so did Clemson and Ohio State. I realize we don't get the benefit of the doubt, but really there is no "upside" for the P5.

I’d put the chances of UCF going undefeated next year very low. USF was supposed to go undefeated this year but slipped up. Every team will be gunning for us next year. Still think we will be favored in every game but would expect a slip up at some point. Very difficult to do what the team did this year.

going undefeated his hard. My way too early guess is that we may win the East again with Milton healthy every game but might slip up in a game no one expects

Reactions: SurfaceWarrior
27-0 and they know they’re staring down another contested national champion debate. If the put us in and we lose (as they expect), then they squash any future claims from G5 teams.

This, I think you don't understand human's ability to do two opposing things one after another and completely deny that it admits they made a mistake. They'd have no problem putting us in. They'd do it, and wouldn't have to admit a thing. Look how stupid they look today, and yet double down on their stupidity. So, no problem putting us in as 4, "hopefully to get beaten by 1". Then they can suddenly remember 2017 and say "See, we were right."

going undefeated his hard. My way too early guess is that we may win the East again with Milton healthy every game but might slip up in a game no one expects

That means we're undefeated again since there isn't a week that doesn't go by without someone saying "this is the one I was worried about". (For me it was Navy). Every week someone expects a slip up.

That means we're undefeated again since there isn't a week that doesn't go by without someone saying "this is the one I was worried about". (For me it was Navy). Every week someone expects a slip up.
yeah Navy had me worried but SMU was dangerously close, their WR had a wide open drop for a 1st down a play or 2 before our defense ended it.

yeah Navy had me worried but SMU was dangerously close, their WR had a wide open drop for a 1st down a play or 2 before our defense ended it.
I think that we handle them at home easier this year without their stud 1-2 wide receivers returning

UNC is winnable unless they hired a new DC. Dont forget Temple.
Pittsburgh will have confidence after beating Miami. SMU loses a coach and their big time receivers but they also finished .500.
FAU might actually get more hype (no pun intended) than we will pre-season.

They don’t believe that we could win. They wouldn’t leave us out because they thought we would actually win. They genuinely not think we could compete. They’d bow to the pressure and put us in so we could get spanked and they wouldn’t have to worry about anymore “false” championships. Then be truly shocked when we won.

Down with the cartel! We were all raised with this notion that titles should be decided on the field and that objectively great teams should get a chance to play for them. But we aren't being given that chance before a game is even played. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.

But we've gotta go 26-0 (pre-bowl) or 27-0 (post-bowl) first. I see an only 15% chance we do it. It's damn tough to go undefeated, regardless of the conference.

But we've gotta go 26-0 (pre-bowl) or 27-0 (post-bowl) first. I see an only 15% chance we do it. It's damn tough to go undefeated, regardless of the conference.
Bullocks. P5 programs can go five years straight.

I’d put the chances of UCF going undefeated next year very low. USF was supposed to go undefeated this year but slipped up. Every team will be gunning for us next year. Still think we will be favored in every game but would expect a slip up at some point. Very difficult to do what the team did this year.
If we sucked like last year Memphis would have ran table until NY6 Bowl.

FAU or UConn could be slip up games.

Pittsburgh, NC and Memphis aren’t definitely wins.
Interesting with the FAU Kiffin lovers they predict them to go undefeated next year. That chatter was before the Peach Bowl maybe it has shifted. :sunglasses:

Interesting with the FAU Kiffin lovers they predict them to go undefeated next year. That chatter was before the Peach Bowl maybe it has shifted. :sunglasses:
They're probably going, "Look, FIU did it!" (actually, 2 years after the Fiesta, not 1).

I doubt we run the table, even though talent wise we should be better. Players and new coaches have to jell,, and even though some of it is similar, schemes and terminology will change.

I doubt we run the table, even though talent wise we should be better. Players and new coaches have to jell,, and even though some of it is similar, schemes and terminology will change.
Do we still have the first two weeks of the schedule wide open? I only see the UNC, FAU and Pitt games

Memphis and USF lose their QBs.
SMU has a new coach (but so do we)
We get Navy at home.
We don't play Houston.
FAU could conceivably be our toughest game next year.
FAU will be a tough one with their returning stud RB, but we get them at home. We can’t overlook an early season ACC UNC on the road and Pittsburgh at home. We do owe Pittsburgh for that 2006 debacle.

Additionally, Memphis should figure out their QB situation if we play them late in the season
With a returning coach and other players, I think that will be a tough road game.

So, our most difficult games

1) UNC
2 Pittsburgh
3 Memphis
4 FAU

Not in any order

FAU will be a tough one with their returning stud RB, but we get them at home. We can’t overlook an early season ACC UNC on the road and Pittsburgh at home. We do owe Pittsburgh for that 2006 debacle.

Additionally, Memphis should figure out their QB situation if we play them late in the season
With a returning coach and other players, I think that will be a tough road game.

1) UNC
2 Pittsburgh
3 Memphis
4 FAU

Not in any order
For whatever reason, we straight-up own Memphis now. Hoping the magic against them continues.

Reactions: DrPhillipsKnight

1) UNC
2 Pittsburgh
3 Memphis
4 FAU

Not in any order
Navy will be tougher than Memphis

I am not sure some of you appreciate how difficult undefeated really is? Even under the best circumstances. Look at USF. They had everything lined up for them, good team, lots of returning starters, be QB in program history, the easiest schedule possible and they had 2 losses. We could ha lost SMU, USF, Navy and the championship game. Each of those could have gone the other way. This year is remarkable. To do it a second time would be incredible, but highly unlikely

I am not sure some of you appreciate how difficult undefeated really is? Even under the best circumstances. Look at USF. They had everything lined up for them, good team, lots of returning starters, be QB in program history, the easiest schedule possible and they had 2 losses. We could ha lost SMU, USF, Navy and the championship game. Each of those could have gone the other way. This year is remarkable. To do it a second time would be incredible, but highly unlikely
And what about a third time? 41-0 has a nice ring to it

USF had a nice year lined up but then we spoiled the party. If we sucked like we did last year however, Memphis would have been undefeated. Right now we are the favorite in AAC. That’s without knowing how other teams QB play will be. USF, Memphis, Navy, Houston and Temple could all be good next year but I’m betting they won’t be better than us.

Reactions: Mikesi
just going to say it now so everyone can brace themselves for early December 2018

UCF will not make the CFP invitational next season

Several reasons for this statement, even though I think we will run the table again:
1. The committee will not want to admit they were wrong this past season by keeping us so low, so they will double down on starting us in the high teens and hardly moving us up.
2. They are livid that we made a mockery, these last 8 days, of their entire system and will punish us as much as possible next season.

Even though I agree on most of your points, I still don't like the post and will lobby to get a dislike added to the reply options!

@BG_Knightmare anyway you can add a dislike reply option?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT