ADVERTISEMENT

Saving everyone a lot of time, thoughts, and worry

USF had a nice year lined up but then we spoiled the party. If we sucked like we did last year however, Memphis would have been undefeated. Right now we are the favorite in AAC. That’s without knowing how other teams QB play will be. USF, Memphis, Navy, Houston and Temple could all be good next year but I’m betting they won’t be better than us.
I make no predictions.

The "teething" in switching between the Frost-Kelly system over to the Heupel-Leech system is what concerns me most.

Although I would say the loss of the EC/DC might impact us worse ... if we don't keep up the schemes. We won the Auburn game because of the EC/DC.

I hope Shannon really makes good use of our existing 3-4, which I believe he very well may. I've never liked the 4-3, and always felt 4 guys in a random attack-defend was better than only 3.

We won the Auburn game because of the EC/DC.
Meh.., we won because he coached a game the way that he should have. A game where he wasn’t mentally checked out. He coached a good game, but it was mostly the players. Nothing special

Our defense mostly shined because the defensive line was rested, Auburn’s offense wasn’t as good as Memphis’ or USFs, and Griffin wasn’t going to let UCF lose in the end. He was unstoppable

Oh, and there was that nice little pick 6.

Last edited:
Someone needs to tell winsopedia that we did win ourselves a National Championship this year.
I think they probably only show consensus national championships. I noticed Alabama 1941 is missing and it has them down for 16 and not their claimed 17.

Reactions: UCFBS
I think the CFP realized they have laid an egg here for two reasons: a) once again a team got ranked #1 in a poll that didn't go through the sanctioned process for determining a champ; b) more than the Group of 5 is unhappy with this process since it favors the SEC. Therefore, we wont be punished too much for our transgression.

Also, I need to see the spring game and how Heupel & new coaches runs this team before I believe we have a chance at going undefeated. Our team should get 8 or 9 wins worse case. Hope for 10-11 wins as both coaches and players adjust. Undefeated is very low probability here.

Reactions: UCFBS
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT