ADVERTISEMENT

Scientists discover new type of DNA structure inside of cells

They found that the i-motifs are could fold and unfold depending on the acidity of their surroundings, and that the codes were generally found in areas of the genome involved in whether or not a certain gene gets expressed. This suggests the i-motifs may be some kind of switch that can regulate gene expression.

thats some interesting stuff right there. i wonder if something like this plays a role in peoples mental and physical health. we always talk about certain people just not being right. i wonder if these i-motifs play a role in that.

It's crazy to think there's stuff inside our bodies that could be so damn important and we don't know a damn thing about them/don't know they exist.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
It's crazy to think there's stuff inside our bodies that could be so damn important and we don't know a damn thing about them/don't know they exist.

Yep, and stuff we are still discovering. We just discovered a previously totally unknown organ a few months ago. A brand new organ no one had known about, who knows how that will affect our health and longevity. Pretty awesome.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT