ADVERTISEMENT

Season Ticket Allotment

No offense but if he still lives near the Glades
That's still a day trip!

it isn’t feasible to get season tix.
Sorry, but disagree.

It’s not just the cost of tix. It’s gas, food , hotel plus UCF gear you may buy. Multiply that by 4 or 5 people in family.
I live here ...

https://goo.gl/maps/66iqjYCZFd62
staticmap

I also have basketball.

I ensure other people use them if I'm not able to travel.

I’m in same boat. Add in Weekday games that are a no go no matter what. I’m not going to spend $600 to see SC State type teams. So people like us go to 1 or 2 games a year and can get good seats for those games instead of ok seats for all the other games and try to sell them.
If you buy season tickets and do this, then great!
Thanx for supporting the program!

If you don't, they that's just screwing the program.
Support the program instead!

Seriously, everyone, listen up ...
Season tickets are not about making the games.
Season tickets are about supporting the program.

You want P5? Buy season tickets! Period!

Also to make up for it we get the top sports packages so we don’t miss a game on tv.
Not everyone lives 30 minutes or less drive and only have to spend money on tickets and $10 in gas. It’s a vacation every time we go to Orlando.
Support the program.

Yes I can drive up 3 hours , watch game and drive back 3 hours. That’s not fun to me. I hate driving as it is. Doing it all in 1 day would kill the experience. Plus I drink before and during so I’m not going to get behind the wheel after 6 hours of drinking. You live your life and I’ll live mine.

Reactions: Wings0fred
Yes I can drive up 3 hours , watch game and drive back 3 hours. That’s not fun to me. I hate driving as it is. Doing it all in 1 day would kill the experience. Plus I drink before and during so I’m not going to get behind the wheel after 6 hours of drinking. You live your life and I’ll live mine.
So only do it for a few games.
Give away the rest of your tickets to other games to the military or charity.

Support the program. Get us into a P5.

So only do it for a few games.
Give away the rest of your tickets to other games to the military or charity.

Support the program. Get us into a P5.
I did for a few years. Wife wants some money set aside to go somewhere besides Orlando now.

I did for a few years. Wife wants some money set aside to go somewhere besides Orlando now.
My wife knows I set aside $5,000 for UCF every year, not including the bowl game.

Here's what I suggest ...

1) Find an annual budget you can easily afford, whether it's $500 or $50,000
2) Tell your wife you will stick to that budget, say you're supporting UCFAA, Inc.
3) Buy 2 season tickets from UCAA, Inc., based on your budget (GKC or not)
4) Adopt 2 people in the Orlando area who will make your UCF home games by default
5) Make it a point to try do a day trip for 1-3 home games/year, if you can

Plus ...

A) Save up $50-150 dollars on your own during the year
B) When UCF makes a bowl, order 1 bowl ticket from UCFAA, Inc. for donation to the military or charity
C) Tell UCFAA, Inc. you want a ticket stub as a keepsake (they will do this after the bowl game)

Anyone who does the above will never catch any crap from me, only praise.

Supporting UCFAA, Inc. takes less time, and money in time, than all the bellyaching I see going on here from a lot of people.

- UCFBS

P.S. My wife also complains about 'our vacation being bowl games' too. But I do take her elsewhere. That's what considerate husbands do. Set expectations, stick to them.

My wife knows I set aside $5,000 for UCF every year, not including the bowl game.

Here's what I suggest ...

1) Find an annual budget you can easily afford, whether it's $500 or $50,000
2) Tell your wife you will stick to that budget, say you're supporting UCFAA, Inc.
3) Buy 2 season tickets from UCAA, Inc., based on your budget (GKC or not)
4) Adopt 2 people in the Orlando area who will make your UCF home games by default
5) Make it a point to try do a day trip for 1-3 home games/year, if you can

Plus ...

A) Save up $50-150 dollars on your own during the year
B) When UCF makes a bowl, order 1 bowl ticket from UCFAA, Inc. for donation to the military or charity
C) Tell UCFAA, Inc. you want a ticket stub as a keepsake (they will do this after the bowl game)

Anyone who does the above will never catch any crap from me, only praise.

Supporting UCFAA, Inc. takes less time, and money in time, than all the bellyaching I see going on here from a lot of people.

- UCFBS

P.S. My wife also complains about 'our vacation being bowl games' too. But I do take her elsewhere. That's what considerate husbands do. Set expectations, stick to them.
I have to buy 5 tickets. 3 kids.

Reactions: ahabmw
I have to buy 5 tickets. 3 kids.
So you need to take all kids to every game?

I.e., This, combined with your wife's comments ... you just gave yourself an excellent solution! ;)

E.g., 2 tickets, take 1 kid to 1 game each, for 3 games. Wife stays home with the other 2 kids.

Even better? Each kid gets to pick the game. No arguments about which game you make.

Worried they'll pick the same game? Rotate by year! Kid 1 gets first 2018 pick, kid 2 gets first 2019 pick (kid 1 gets 3rd), kid 3 gets first 2020 pick (kid 1 gets 2nd, kid 2 gets 3rd).

Sounds like a plan!

Otherwise, you're just being argumentative. You're not open to anything.

Reactions: Knightrodamus
Not sure if serious at this point...I’m happy for you that you can swing so many resources to ucf every year but not everyone wants to go all in on UCF. For me, the only line I draw in the sand is:
If it is within your means to buy tickets or donate and you choose not to, the only thing I object to is if you are complaining we aren’t “P5”.

I.e., This, combined with your wife's comments ... you just gave yourself an excellent solution! ;)

E.g., 2 tickets, take 1 kid to 1 game each, for 3 games. Wife stays home with the other 2 kids.

Even better? Each kid gets to pick the game. No arguments about which game you make.

Worried they'll pick the same game? Rotate by year! Kid 1 gets first 2018 pick, kid 2 gets first 2019 pick (kid 1 gets 3rd), kid 3 gets first 2020 pick (kid 1 gets 2nd, kid 2 gets 3rd).

Sounds like a plan!

Sorry @UCFBS, I think you are the one being argumentative. Your comments to @BlakAndGoldAllDay are even making me cringe a little. Everyone one has different reasons and limits as to how much they can support their team monetarily. And if someones says they can't, that's good enough for me. Your pressure is almost akin to some timeshare salespeople I ran into. Sorry man, but I think you need to back off here.

Sorry @UCFBS, I think you are the one being argumentative. Your comments to @BlakAndGoldAllDay are even making me cringe a little. Everyone one has different reasons and limits as to how much they can support their team monetarily. And if someones says they can't, that's good enough for me. Your pressure is almost akin to some timeshare salespeople I ran into. Sorry man, but I think you need to back off here.
BlakAndGoldAllDay is a loyal fan. He has nothing to prove. It appears that he really enjoys to watch games in the comfort of his own home with the family and which is not near UCF. That’s awesome!

Sounds like a plan!

Wow

Not my 'argument.' It's called a 'suggestion.'

Let me say this again ... it is a 'suggestion.'

Support the program first and foremost, if possible.

Let me say this again ... it is to 'support the program.'

If he came back and said, "I cannot budget $500" or "Wife still says no." then I would 100% respect that.

Let's review ...
"Oh, my wife does't want to go to Orlando"
And ...
"I have 3 kids, so I have to buy 5 tickets."

And I'm like ...
"Geez dude, it's just a suggestion! And here's another ..."
"Why don't you come 3 weekends a year, and take 1 kid, each kid, to a different UCF game?"
"Just an idea! Especially if your kids feel like you don't spend any time with them individually!"

Doesn't anyone want to meet anyone half-way?

Can I at least get ...
"Hey, that's not a bad suggestion. Don't know if I'll do it or the wife would agree. But I see your point."

Nope ... it's the typical, "I cannot afford go to the Fiesta Bowl!" when I recommend they just buy 1 ticket and frame it, so they have it as a keepsake.

In all cases, this is 100% about UCFAA, Inc. selling out the stadium!
If people find a way to enjoy it, even better.

Until then ... I'm just Captain Obvious here. Seriously, I'm just throwing out suggestions.
Everyone always has an excuse ... but then, I point out something, and they get offended.

I will always be a basketball and football season ticket holder ... even if I cannot make it.
Right now I make about 2-3 home basketball games a year, and all but 1-2 home football games.

Next year the Thursday night games will make it worse, although I'll still try to fly home for the Friday night games.

BlakAndGoldAllDay is a loyal fan. He has nothing to prove. It appears that he really enjoys to watch games in the comfort of his own home with the family and which is not near UCF. That’s awesome!
So why not buy 2 season tickets so he can make those 1-3 games/year he wants too?!

Again, it's about supporting the program.
Until our fans change their attitude on season tickets, we'll continue to have this issue.

And we'll look more poorly to a P5 conference.

So why not buy 2 season tickets so he can make those 1-3 games/year he wants too?!

Again, it's about supporting the program.
Until our fans change their attitude on season tickets, we'll continue to have this issue.

And we'll look more poorly to a P5 conference.
I’m not sure. I’m not his accountant and mine sucks

I’m not sure. I’m not his accountant and mine sucks
I never, ever questioned if he was a 'real fan.'

Every year I point out several things to several fans who don't make games, and they immediately say, "I never thought of that! I'll have to think about it!"

Only he can decide on his budget, and get his wife's approval.

Either he feels he must take his wife and 3 kids, and get 5 tickets, or may he can save a lot of money on just 2 tickets, let alone logistics, and have a "Dad-Son" or "Dad-Daughter" day trip in the car and at the game, 1-on-1.

That's for him to decide. That's for him to get approval from "mom" on. I just suggested it. I'll 100% respect his decision. He knows his family.

But I'm tired of people being argumentative that "I have to buy 5 tickets!" (especially after he said his wife was sick of going to Orlando ... sounded like no more than 4 to start there ;) ).

Think outside the box, and how you might be able to support the program. That's all I'm asking ... for people to evaluate all their options. Just evaluate ... from my suggestions.

Support the program. That's what matters most in the end, even more than attending games.

Your take @LemmyKilmister ?

Every year I point out several things to several fans who don't make games, and they immediately say, "I never thought of that! I'll have to think about it!"

Either he feels he must take his wife and 3 kids, and get 5 tickets, or may he can save a lot of money on just 2 tickets, let alone logistics, and have a "Dad-Son" or "Dad-Daughter" day trip in the car and at the game, 1-on-1.

That's for him to decide. That's for him to get approval from "mom" on. I just suggested it. I'll 100% respect his decision. He knows his family.

But I'm tired of people being argumentative that "I have to buy 5 tickets!" (especially after he said his wife was sick of going to Orlando).

Think outside the box, and how you might be able to support the program. That's all I'm asking ... for people to evaluate all their options. Just evaluate ... from my suggestions.

Support the program. That's what matters most in the end, even more than attending games.

I’ll have to agree with you. Just from your typing ability alone, you’re a hell of a lot smarter than me.

I’ll have to agree with you. Just from your typing ability alone, you’re a hell of a lot smarter than me.
Oh com'mon now. Be serious here. This isn't about me.
I'm honestly thinking of the program. I'm not thinking of myself. A lot of people in the program cannot talk like this, even if they strongly agree, and want to say similarly. They cannot. Me? I'm just Joe Fan, and I can look impartial.
Was I a little "abrasive" at the end with my comment ... ?

"Otherwise, you're just being argumentative. You're not open to anything."

Sure. I can own up to that. Should I have added it? Probably not.
Will I apologize for it? Sure, I definitely will.

But it still doesn't remove the merits of my 'suggestion.'

Stuff like this is better said off-board, in-person. People take it better. Everyone has this 'guilt' for not doing everything they think they can to support the program, the team and 'being there,' enough. I know. I totally understand. Especially with a wife saying things like, "I'm sick of going to Orlando." I hate having to 'fight her' just to support UCFAA, Inc., the team, many others.

I'm just trying to make 'suggestions.' My wife gets on me too, the amount of travel I do for UCF games. But I won't budge. When she pushes it enough, I just start listing all of the things I do for her.

Besides, if had 3 kids to be with ... I'd want to take 1 kid on a Dad-Daughter or Dad-Son trip, at least once a year. That's just an idea, to use an UCF game to do that, if I had 3 kids. I mean, it's hard enough finding out who is responsible for something with 2!

I enjoy your posts UCFBS, but now I know how you have so much time to post on our board...
I'm at work until 10pm CST tonight working on some off-hours details with a lot of 'downtime' (waiting for completion). I've put in nearly 40 hours on-site this week already, being the only guy in my group on-site all days.

That's why you see sporadic posts from me in bursts on a few days here, then a few days there ... especially around the holidays, and in February. Both are 'quiet' periods in our cycle, but require a lot of time on-site, off-hours.

Reactions: ahabmw

But I'm tired of people being argumentative that "I have to buy 5 tickets!" (especially after he said his wife was sick of going to Orlando ... sounded like no more than 4 to start there ;) ).

Just let it go...

Reactions: Flem3000 and Mikesi
This thread is hilarious. I am from the Glades but actually live in town. I had season tickets for 12 years and have two UCF license plates for a while now. I go to games when I came and support the team where I can.

I do wholeheartedly agree you should support the program you're a fan of, but you do it in the way you can. Anyone who knows me knows I'm a UCF fanatic and not having season tickets doesn't change that fact.

This thread is hilarious. I am from the Glades but actually live in town. I had season tickets for 12 years and have two UCF license plates for a while now. I go to games when I came and support the team where I can.

I do wholeheartedly agree you should support the program you're a fan of, but you do it in the way you can. Anyone who knows me knows I'm a UCF fanatic and not having season tickets doesn't change that fact.
To the pit of misery!

Reactions: Mikesi
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT