ADVERTISEMENT

Sell Out??

surfer98

Four-Star Recruit
Nov 30, 2017
Anyone know if the game will be a sellout this weekend? I was waiting to hear an announcement but seems kind of quiet.

Everybody buy an extra and bring a another friend. Last game. Bump it up on your social media sites. kinda sucks espn lined up Georgia-Bama game against ours and some people may just want to watch the games on tv due to that. But, DVR rules! Plus, who cares about seeing bama win again. ba-ba-boring...

0% chance of coming close to a sellout. Just like I said earlier in the week and everyone called me an idiot. Really wish it wasn’t the case. I’ll be there screaming my head off though.

Reactions: G-Knight
I’m not sure how fans aren’t coming out to support this amazing team. They are an amazing group of athletes and kids.

Reactions: heat4410
I’m not sure how fans aren’t coming out to support this amazing team. They are an amazing group of athletes and kids.

Unfortunately a combination of season ticket holders and that people plan for game days a lot earlier than a week prior.

Tickets are selling, but slowly. Unfortunately and sadly it’s not looking like a sellout

Lasts year’s game wasn’t either

Hoping for 44,000, but looking at this time like 41,000-42,000

That’s going by past secondary market trends vs this week. Looks like a lot of season tickett holders didn’t purchase their seats.

I may buy a few extra if they are near me

Tickets are selling, but slowly. Unfortunately and sadly it’s not looking like a sellout

Lasts year’s game wasn’t either

Hoping for 44,000, but looking at this time like 41,000-42,000

That’s going by past secondary market trends vs this week. Looks like a lot of season tickett holders didn’t purchase their seats.

I may buy a few extra if they are near me
Its still a good crowd and besides its on ABC against the SEC Championship. We could use some more TV views.

I hope this isn't the case, but we've had a lot of new season ticket holders this year. My aunt and uncle being 2 of them. They literally had no idea that the championship game wasn't included. I wonder how many folks didn't renew their seat because they didn't know they had to and will be really disappointed tomorrow...

I hope this isn't the case, but we've had a lot of new season ticket holders this year. My aunt and uncle being 2 of them. They literally had no idea that the championship game wasn't included. I wonder how many folks didn't renew their seat because they didn't know they had to and will be really disappointed tomorrow...
UCF sends a lot of emails

I’m pretty mad at myself because I bought tickets earlier in the week for $40 each after fees, thinking it was a good deal because the demand would be high... now I see them on stubhub going for $15. Ugh.

I don't understand why they took so long to put seats up for sale. They apparently miscalculated how many season ticket holders were going to commit

Reactions: AAC6800
Another thing too is that the entire area around campus has blown up. But the roads haven't been widened, which leads to ridiculous backups. Mitchell Hammock. Two lanes each way approaching Alafaya. WTH ? Needs to be three lanes each way minimum.

Need to widen McCullough, University, etc.... As well.

Reactions: AussieKnight

Good chance for no rain.......

kvTOEb.png

UCF didn't release most tix till 10 days AFTER UCF clinched as host site.

Fan Fever was at its peak after Game Day and huge Cinci win....and UCF sat on these tix...till Tues/Wed of this week...as they allowed some season tix holders 9-10 days to decide if they wanted to buy their season tix for this game...and by the time these tix were released...weather forecast predicted rain/storms...and some fans decided to not buy tix.

Total screw up on UCF...wonder if it was a DW decision to delay the release of tix for sooooo long or a ticket manager or even someone from the conference....but whoever made the decision REALLY screwed up.

Reactions: Mikesi and JAFFX2
I hope this isn't the case, but we've had a lot of new season ticket holders this year. My aunt and uncle being 2 of them. They literally had no idea that the championship game wasn't included.

Come on....can't you make up another fake excuse?

Who could possibly be that dumb...especially since its clearly stated in your season tix package that the tickets are for regular season games only.

UCF is nice enough to give out a parking pass to boosters for this game prior to the season...but who thinks their regular season tix is good for post-season games in ANY sport?

Reactions: JAFFX2
Come on....can't you make up another fake excuse?

Who could possibly be that dumb...especially since its clearly stated in your season tix package that the tickets are for regular season games only.

UCF is nice enough to give out a parking pass to boosters for this game prior to the season...but who thinks their regular season tix is good for post-season games in ANY sport?

I don't know you dumb goober, but they promptly purchased tickets after I told them.

Reactions: AussieKnight
Widening lanes isn't the answer.

Developing a comprehensive mass-trans system is. But that's something Orlando, or Florida for that matter, cannot comprehend.
Yeah. They can start by developing that from the campus out to Alafaya and wherever the campus spirals out to, then University, etc.

Widening lanes isn't the answer.

Developing a comprehensive mass-trans system is. But that's something Orlando, or Florida for that matter, cannot comprehend.
This. They need to find a way to get Sun Rail or a new line that is possible from Downtown to the UCF area. The way the population is blowing up in Orlando and Tampa widening lanes alone won’t fix it anymore

The slow sales with this streak is a disappointment and a reminder that after a few losses the crowds will go back to 38k-40k.

Reactions: Knight Strength
The biggest reason for the slow sales is McKenzie being injured. Fans think we can't win and don't want to pay and go out of their way to see a loss. Props to people buying tickets for first responders and military/veterans.

Better traffic flow would help. Widening lanes is probably a good idea but I'm no traffic expert. Residents don't want mass transit in general, also don't want to pay for it, and population density makes it a little harder to justify.

Main problem is the UCF police. They create this weird cone maze and run the lights inefficiently. If they got out of the way it would help.
This is true. They change the direction of traffic every game so people can't get accustomed to it. At the Cincy game, outside garage D, they had 4 officers at the intersection, nobody posted in the center, nobody clearly in controll of the situation, and only one person handling pedestrian traffic.

It's not just UCF PD but UCF PD should set the standard for the officers on overtime/volunteers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT