ADVERTISEMENT

Sell Out??

plenty of under $20 resales and $25 standard tickets. UCF needs to figure out a way to suck up the cost and get them to the students......some folks are tweeting to donate tix to veterans and first responders but this late in the game wont even make a dent

if it wasn't obvious before this should answer the question to the thread posted about stadium capacity expansion after the Cinci game. If it's not a night game on a Saturday UCF's marketing team has to pull teeth to get an official sellout & the team hasn't lost a game since 2016. Also probably understating how much of a draw McKenzie Milton was to casual fans of other teams.

Reactions: Knight Strength
"Yung knight, post: and that people plan for game days a lot earlier than a week prior......

..... I've seen a million dumb/stupid/idiotic posts on this board over the years and this demonstrates that ,, "Hall of Fame" worthy for anemic , pathetic , feeble, insipid comments on Fan Forum ... real fans are ALWAYS ready ... this game did'nt fall out of the sky .... your Knight credentials have been revoked ,, turn in your sword , suit of armour , chainmail etc . ....

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight_Light
"Main problem is the UCF police. They create this weird cone maze and run the lights inefficiently. If they got out of the way it would help."

Agreed, been saying this for years. At times I'll be sitting at a traffic light and just leering at the inefficient cop working the lights. Just let it flow naturally. It would work. They create traffic by holding the lights longer that they should.

Reactions: SwagCentral
"Yung knight, post: and that people plan for game days a lot earlier than a week prior......

..... I've seen a million dumb/stupid/idiotic posts on this board over the years and this demonstrates that ,, "Hall of Fame" worthy for anemic , pathetic , feeble, insipid comments on Fan Forum ... real fans are ALWAYS ready ... this game did'nt fall out of the sky .... your Knight credentials have been revoked ,, turn in your sword , suit of armour , chainmail etc . ....

Lol that’s not me. I’m just explaining the casuals mindset

I don't think it's UCF police. I think it's the off duty officers from other areas brought in to help.

It is bc they are in charge of the plan (which seems to change game by game) and they tell the off-duties what to do.

Two examples:

1) traffic light by the water tower sometimes has two lefts towards research park and sometimes only the one that is the permanent left. Massive confusion. Left lane stays deep blocking all the way back to the arena area and right is mainly empty. If you go rt lane you can be a hero if 2 lefts are open or be “that guy” seemingly doing the last second cut over. Just leave it 2 lefts every game.

2. Confluence if D1, D2 and the garage. Nobody is there to direct traffic and the internal light many times has all 3 sources stopped. They have someday at the light by the road. But lately (and it should always be) the right lane is coned off for continuous movement....the traffic should never stop. Instead it is an hr plus to get out onto the road. We just post tailgate. One of the last two games some random person got out and just started directing traffic there. He got it moving and did a great job. After he showed up, then miraculously an off-duty replaces him...he did a fine job as well. He or someone just needs be told to go there and assigned that duty every week.

It was similar at the stop sign at the tail end of research park. There used to always being off-duty there but they just sat in their vehicle and people would still stop at the stop sign instead of rolling through. This season it seems they have figured that one out consistently and the person gets out of the vehicle and waves people through which make it move much better.

I don't think it's UCF police. I think it's the off duty officers from other areas brought in to help.

UCF comes up with the plan on how to run traffic and tells them what to do. Why do we need a thousand cones to show how to turn left when there’s already lines we use everyday.

I’m convinced it’s a scam to justify all the area cops OT.

I’m concerned for some of those dudes health being out in the sun in August without donut breaks.

It is bc they are in charge of the plan (which seems to change game by game) and they tell the off-duties what to do.

Two examples:

1) traffic light by the water tower sometimes has two lefts towards research park and sometimes only the one that is the permanent left. Massive confusion. Left lane stays deep blocking all the way back to the arena area and right is mainly empty. If you go rt lane you can be a hero if 2 lefts are open or be “that guy” seemingly doing the last second cut over. Just leave it 2 lefts every game.

2. Confluence if D1, D2 and the garage. Nobody is there to direct traffic and the internal light many times has all 3 sources stopped. They have someday at the light by the road. But lately (and it should always be) the right lane is coned off for continuous movement....the traffic should never stop. Instead it is an hr plus to get out onto the road. We just post tailgate. One of the last two games some random person got out and just started directing traffic there. He got it moving and did a great job. After he showed up, then miraculously an off-duty replaces him...he did a fine job as well. He or someone just needs be told to go there and assigned that duty every week.

It was similar at the stop sign at the tail end of research park. There used to always being off-duty there but they just sat in their vehicle and people would still stop at the stop sign instead of rolling through. This season it seems they have figured that one out consistently and the person gets out of the vehicle and waves people through which make it move much better.

You should be an urban planner! God knows Orlando "The City Beautiful" could use one.

UCF comes up with the plan on how to run traffic and tells them what to do. Why do we need a thousand cones to show how to turn left when there’s already lines we use everyday.

I’m convinced it’s a scam to justify all the area cops OT.

Yes it's all a scam, much like our military (eyes Mikesisi)

;)

Reactions: Mikesi
Announced attendance was 45,176 - which would put it above capacity (is that technically a sellout?)

Interestingly, read on SBNation that it would take 45,180 to set the alltime attendance record (ahead of 2007).

So missed the record by 4 people!

Announced attendance was 45,176 - which would put it above capacity (is that technically a sellout?)

Interestingly, read on SBNation that it would take 45,180 to set the alltime attendance record (ahead of 2007).

So missed the record by 4 people!
Attendance was amazing. Very few empty seats and fans were LOUD! Caused 3 penalties I think

Reactions: PowerEye101
Sell out or not the optics looked great on TV. Looked like a big time program playing a big time game, which it was. Especially compared to the weak attendance at most of the other CCG's. UCF did itself proud today.
How do we get the word out that we don’t do the starry night when we are receiving the kick? It apparently interferes with the vision of the returner

Reactions: Knight Strength
How do we get the word out that we don’t do the starry night when we are receiving the kick? It apparently interferes with the vision of the returner

The announcers and scoreboard operator would need to tell us.

Sell out or not the optics looked great on TV. Looked like a big time program playing a big time game, which it was. Especially compared to the weak attendance at most of the other CCG's. UCF did itself proud today.
Thanks! Greatly appreciate that. I’m always wondering how we look on the National stage to the unbiased fans

The announcers and scoreboard operator would need to tell us.
Haha this really bothers me! I have told people around me and they still do it. I feel like I'm the only one who notices that the board says "during knights kicks". I admit it could be worded better but it doesn't say anything during opponent kicks. We need to use those college degrees and do a little reasoning.

I seriously can't believe we've been doing this for a year and a half and the entire stadium is still lighting up during opponent kicks.

So, what I think we saw, and it happened to me, after the inflated prices of the Cinci game (hyped more with espn gameday), most season ticket holders had $ in their eyes and listed their tickets for sale. Once it was obvious the market wasn't supporting inflated tickets the 2nd hand market got stuck and we either devalued or gave tix away. That game looked to be a sell out to me. They said we broke an attendance record over the intercom.

You are right because I was really stupid and thought I could make some extra holiday money by buying and reselling tickets. I bought close to 100 tickets the day they released the unsold season ticket seats. Then I really got screwed the next day when they released a lot more seats that were better than the ones I already bought. I sold all of my tickets, but lost more than half of my money. I have rationalized my loss with thinking that I helped pack our stadium by providing some underprivileged Knight fans with a nice discount so they could attend last night's game to cheer on our team. I think those extra loud fans that bought my tickets were so loud that they helped us win the game. I think Mack should give me the MVP trophy.
Boy am I an idiot!!!

So, what I think we saw, and it happened to me, after the inflated prices of the Cinci game (hyped more with espn gameday), most season ticket holders had $ in their eyes and listed their tickets for sale. Once it was obvious the market wasn't supporting inflated tickets the 2nd hand market got stuck and we either devalued or gave tix away. That game looked to be a sell out to me. They said we broke an attendance record over the intercom.

I upgraded my seats. Maybe I bought one of your 100! I ended up giving my nose bleed season tix to a friend who took his son. I listed them hoping to make a profit. Hoping they are new UCF fans now! I took a friend last night who has never been to a UCF game and is a football/sports fan just not a UCF won. He was chanting UCF while exiting the stadium last night. Virgin converted to fan. It takes a village! Go Knights.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT