ADVERTISEMENT

SI Article On Committe Ranking Of UCF

Great article.

The bias over the blue blood programs is wearing thin with many in the media.

Unfortunately, the cartel committee makes the decisions.

The reality is: had UCF and USF donned the uniforms of Oklahoma and Oklahoma St when they played the game two weeks ago; everyone would have thought it was one of the greatest games in a long while showcasing incredible talent, as opposed to a fun game to watch with two bad defenses.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
The bias over the blue blood programs is wearing thin with many in the media.
I've noticed this on non-UCF message boards and sports page comment sections as well. Playing (and winning) the two most exciting games of the season on national TV has begun to change our perception among some thinking fans** as well.

**There is no hope for the wife-beater-wearing morons who just shout "play somebody".

The SEC was truly terrible this year. It was a result of constant coaching turnover. They basically suffer from the same lack of consistent leadership G5s do, but it was self inflicted.
LSU (6-2 in the SEC) lost at home to Troy who went 7-1 in the Sunbelt. Alabama had one more win in the SEC than LSU and is in the playoffs without even winning their division.

For a game with two "bad defenses" they were really fast and hard hitting were they?

I've noticed this on non-UCF message boards and sports page comment sections as well. Playing (and winning) the two most exciting games of the season on national TV has begun to change our perception among some thinking fans** as well.

**There is no hope for the wife-beater-wearing morons who just shout "play somebody".

It has some but the majority still have the conference pride b.s. & actively go out of their way to trash UCF and hope for our failure. It's odd...in college basketball the fans don't act the same way, they celebrate underdogs.

It has some but the majority still have the conference pride b.s. & actively go out of their way to trash UCF and hope for our failure. It's odd...in college basketball the fans don't act the same way, they celebrate underdogs.
It's a mystery. The P5 and fans were like this long before the current TV deals took effect. I have tons of sarcastic reasons to explain it, but no legitimate ones.

It's a mystery. The P5 and fans were like this long before the current TV deals took effect. I have tons of sarcastic reasons to explain it, but no legitimate ones.
to all the Power 5 fans that keep saying 'UCF would get murdered in the Playoff' , did they forget that Ohio State didn't score 1 point vs Clemson last year in the Semi final(31-0)?

Michigan St was shut out too and 4 of 6 were double digit wins.

2016 Fiesta Bowl

Clemson 31

Ohio St 0

Orange Bowl

Clemson 37

Oklahoma 17

Cotton Bowl

Alabama 38

Michigan St. 0

Rose Bowl

Oregon 59

Florida St 20