ADVERTISEMENT

Is UCF Ready for Boise St.?

ucf1

Bronze Knight
Gold Member
Dec 17, 2001
On this week's Around the Kingdom, Eric Lopez and Trace Trylko talk about UCF's game at Boise St., a rocky start for the Big 12 and the Broncos famous blue field.

Click here to watch.

Click here for the audio version of this week's Around the Kingdom.

With the closing of the 2018 season, Boise State football holds a home record of 182-39 (14 Conference Championships) since THE BLUE was installed prior to the 1986 season. The program has lost only nine times on its home field since the start of the 1999 season.

Boise State has won 13 games in a row on their home court at ExtraMile Arena. That's the longest home winning streak since they won 18 straight from Feb. 23, 2020, to Feb. 19, 2021...........Feb 23, 2023

I just can't see Boise starting the season 0-2. I certanly hope not but I see them winning this one in a tight game.

This is UCFs game to lose.

If we play as we did in game 1, we lose. If we clean up our mistakes, and get better from week 1 to 2, we win.

We are going to learn who we are Saturday. Are we serious about winning or are we content with just making the Big12? Will we put the time in to become better each week, even when we win the previous week and are favored? Do we want to win or do we have to win?

People do things when they have to, not when they want to. Who is our team?

Last edited:
If you are Gus, what do you tell this team to motivate the squad for this game?

If you are Avalos, you don't have to say anything.

I hope UCF and Gus prove all the doubters wrong.

Last edited:
This is clearly false, this guy is a UCF hater from his past tweets. I can't figure out his affiliation, but his past tweets have a pro AAC and pro Dallas Cowboys sentiment.
Oh ok. When trolling becomes a sport on that platform

Reactions: PhDee

“I run out and it’s just my heart’s racing," Said Senior Captain Riley Smith about running onto the Blue to start each game. He's entering his sixth year with the Broncos. "It’s electric just a big smile on my face and I love it so getting the opportunity to do that again this weekend is going to be awesome.”

Riley Smith was the other "quarterback" on Joey Gatewood's Bantam Trail HS team.

Last edited:
Bunch of doom and gloom on here, Jesus. I’m on Boise Idaho time right now, I’m here on scene (but in my bed). When I checked in my hotel front desk person said a lot of UCF fans have checked in (Residence Inn). Many more hotels Downtown, we should have a large showing I would think. We are going to out athlete this team tomorrow and I can’t wait. Get it together people, GKCO ⚔️

Bunch of doom and gloom on here, Jesus. I’m on Boise Idaho time right now, I’m here on scene (but in my bed). When I checked in my hotel front desk person said a lot of UCF fans have checked in (Residence Inn). Many more hotels Downtown, we should have a large showing I would think. We are going to out athlete this team tomorrow and I can’t wait. Get it together people, GKCO ⚔️
I wanted to get over there for this one. We are about 300 miles away. I should have been better with my planning.

The more I've looked into this matchup the better I've felt. Bosie doesn't sound very optimistic, they sound frustrated. The blue thing has been so funny to follow along with. It's funny to think that somehow at ground level the Boise players will just disappear into the blue turf. Definitely weird from a TV viewing perspective though.

This is UCFs game to lose.

If we play as we did in game 1, we lose. If we clean up our mistakes, and get better from week 1 to 2, we win.

We are going to learn who we are Saturday. Are we serious about winning or are we content with just making the Big12? Will we put the time in to become better each week, even when we win the previous week and are favored? Do we want to win or do we have to win?

People do things when they have to, not when they want to. Who is our team?
Your team goes as your QB goes…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT