ADVERTISEMENT

[SIAP] "Frost and his staff left a young program, which has not had much success.

UCFBS

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Oct 21, 2001
USA
Cornhole Journalist of the Day:
"Frost and his staff left a young program, which has not had much success."

Nope, no success at all ...
  • Youngest program to win a BCS (NY) bowl game (pre-Frost)
  • Youngest program to win a CFP-NY6 bowl game (Frost)
  • Five (5) conference championships in ten (10) seasons, only one (1) w/Frost
  • Three (3) of the first five (5) AAC titles (2 outright), only one (1) w/Frost
WTF?! Was he talking about Nebraska's last 20 years?! Oh that's right ...
  • The last time you guys were 'relevant,' we were leading you at half-time!
    (and played you the best of anyone that season)

Last edited:
Meh, the more troubling part is someone saying Frost put us on the map. If any coach did that, like it or not, it was the statue. This Place did a great job of putting his offense to work, but the stability, reputation and recruiability of UCF was here already. I'm pretty sure the dude who said was recruited from this board and just misspoke a little.

Reactions: SublimeKnight
The person who wrote this is an unpaid 18-22 year old. Just FYI.
Yeah, he started a thread to get opinions a few days ago. He said he was a student. I have my opinions about Frost, which are mostly positive, but I didn't want any part of that article.

Stop letting their obsessive fan base and news-starved media bait you into getting riled up. They see frost as a savior for a low-performing program, they've got hero worship fever, and they'll say and print whatever they think will imply that UCF's success was all due to frost and whatever will excite their fan base. It's really not worth your energy to fight it. We've got a cool new coaching staff and a bunch of great student athletes who deserve our attention and focus now, and.... IT'S UCF FOOTBALL SEASON, BABY!!!

It’s not like researching your article is important to be a journalist. Just play to what you believe the norm to be. In Nebraska, time has stood still since their last Championship. Nobody remembers the decades since then. A directional school like UCF has had little success because they were 0-12 that one year they fired GOL.

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
Chill out. In 2015 you guys had the worst season in college football. You guys couldn’t beat the special olympics flag football team. For a G5 team to go winless you have to be garbage. Mainly because you don’t play anymore with a pulse.

But, luckily for UCF Frost came in and completely rebuilt your program in just 2 short years.

UCF recruited better then it ever had under Frost. He brought a revolutionary offense and put players in the best position to succeed (moving players and saw Griffin’s potential).

So yeah. Good accurate article! Thanks for sharing!!

Relevant is a word that gets thrown around here a lot. The narrative is that UCF is relevant because the team won the Fiesta Bowl recently and Nebraska isnt because it hasnt played in a top tier bowl for a while, but the truth of the matter is that neither team is relevant. If you go undefeated and dont make the playoff, you are irrelevant. If you go 10-3 or 9-4 for years, you are irrelevant.

Is Florida relevant? Penn St? Washington? UCLA? How about Boise St? Texas? Is Wisconsin relevant? They haven't won anything of value in 5 years.

Unless a team wins 12 games this year and make the playoff they are irrelevant.

Why wouldn’t we? It’s a post about Nebraska and it’s new football head coach Scott Frost. UCF has been in meltdown mode since December of 2017 over Scott Frost leaving UCF for a better opportunity.

I generally stay out of this stuff, but I just gotta say “you sir are an obsessed, stalker, asshole!”

Last edited:
Stop letting their obsessive fan base and news-starved media bait you into getting riled up. They see frost as a savior for a low-performing program, they've got hero worship fever, and they'll say and print whatever they think will imply that UCF's success was all due to frost and whatever will excite their fan base. It's really not worth your energy to fight it. We've got a cool new coaching staff and a bunch of great student athletes who deserve our attention and focus now, and.... IT'S UCF FOOTBALL SEASON, BABY!!!
Exactly. They come here looking for validation and to belittle us at the same time. To make us look inferior when the opposite is actually more true. They come here for us to confirm for them that Frost can save them based solely on what he did for our program. They want to here nothing suggesting the contrary

It’s a bit of apples and oranges and not as simple as saying that he was successful here and therefore will be at NGEbraska. He’s their last hope, so understandably they have incredible anxiety

Chill out. In 2015 you guys had the worst season in college football. You guys couldn’t beat the special olympics flag football team. For a G5 team to go winless you have to be garbage. Mainly because you don’t play anymore with a pulse.

But, luckily for UCF Frost came in and completely rebuilt your program in just 2 short years.

UCF recruited better then it ever had under Frost. He brought a revolutionary offense and put players in the best position to succeed (moving players and saw Griffin’s potential).

So yeah. Good accurate article! Thanks for sharing!!

I previously thought it was impossible to not get anything right in a post as long as yours. You have proven me wrong, congrats!

Relevant is a word that gets thrown around here a lot. The narrative is that UCF is relevant because the team won the Fiesta Bowl recently and Nebraska isnt because it hasnt played in a top tier bowl for a while,
First off, listen the F-up!!!

UCF fans only remind Nebraska fans it won the 2014 (2013 Season) Fiesta Bowl because only when Nebrasks say UCF never won anything before Frost.

Get that down and do not mis-understand that again!

UCF's 2013 schedule was much more difficult than 2017 -- with 3 top 10 teams, winning 2 and losing a 3rd (the final #4 team) by 3 points.

That said ...

UCF won the Fiesta and Peach Bowls against the Big XII Conference Champion and SEC West Division Champion, and the AAC has been beating the top of the Big XII for some time (when they actually get to play one another).

How many FBS teams have won 2 NY Bowls in 5 years?
How many have been "G5"?
How come 2 lowly G5s (UCF and Boise) have done it more than the supermajority of "P5" Teams?

That's before we even look at the fact that for the past decade, UCF has won its conference 50% of the time.
Because UCF -- playing in a 'lowly G5' -- is able to accomplish more than just winning its 'level' -- but winning at a higher level than expected!
Boise State has done that for even longer too.

So ... what is 'relevant'? According to you ...

but the truth of the matter is that neither team is relevant. If you go undefeated and dont make the playoff, you are irrelevant. If you go 10-3 or 9-4 for years, you are irrelevant.
So, as a fellow member just reminded me, Virginia Tech basically won it's ACC division for most of its first decade in the conference ... but never won a National Championship.

So is Virginia Tech not relevant as well ... by your, same logic!
Now Virginia Tech has hardly done much this decade. But they were very relevant last decade!!!

Is Florida relevant? Penn St? Washington? UCLA? How about Boise St? Texas? Is Wisconsin relevant? They haven't won anything of value in 5 years.
Boise State won the 2014 (2014 Season) Fiesta Bowl -- that's just 4 seasons ago!

The G5 is 4-1 in NY Bowls the last 5 years, with a MAC team being the lone suck.

UCF (AAC), Boise (MWC), Houston (AAC), UCF (AAC) -- all against top 10 teams, P5 Divisonal or Conference Champions.

Stop being ignorant. The Top G5 from the AAC or MWC is more than capable of kicking Top P5 @$$ -- repeatedly, regularly.

It was >75% in the BCS era too -- especially when it was non-AQ v. non-AQ (Boise and TCU).

Unless a team wins 12 games this year and make the playoff they are irrelevant.
So, never Virginia Tech either ... eh?

And how does a Boise or UCF make the Playoff?!?!?!

Maybe that's why you Corholios, like the CFP-ESPN mafia, are missing why not only UCF made the NC claim ... but even teams like Boise are starting to understand why UCF did.

Because you never want to see an UCF be nationally relevant, and are ignorant of its history before Frost.

Last edited:
Frost inspired confidence in a group of guys who were already there. And he deserves credit for that, no doubt. But he won with O’Leary’s guys.

And Milton. He’s kind of important.

Reactions: UCFBS
Frost inspired confidence in a group of guys who were already there. And he deserves credit for that, no doubt. But he won with O’Leary’s guys.

And Milton. He’s kind of important.
Not according to the depth chart. Frost had more players on the offense and defense of the 2 deep. Also, more of his players started on both sides. I’m counting Griffin as a Frost recruit. O’leary only recruited Griffin because of his brother. He was buried on the depth chart at DB and Frost saw his true potential and actually gave him a shot. If you subtract Griffin, then it’s even on defense. But Frost still had more players on the 2 deep on both sides. Obviously Frost has recruited more offensive starters at UCF.

I mean, it’s a cute argument if it was true. But you’re just lying to yourself.

Frost had more starters and players on the 2 deep then O’leary

Last edited:
Right, the guys who went 0-12
Yes, because GoL will force players -- in a game -- to run plays that don't work over and over. He uses games like practice, and forces players to make it work. That was GoL. It's a huge reason he was disliked, playing "Pro-Set Power Football."

You guys are just showcasing your ignorance of UCF Football. Please to away from our board if you're going to continue to be ignorant.

BTW, GoL had some great recruiting classes too.

Looks like the same 4 Cornholio turds mucking up our board....

No life in Nobraska?

Desperate for someone to talk to?

Deranged obsession with UCF?

Time to get out of your mommie's basement and off your computer. Get outside and have a look at the sun before it goes away for 9 month's up there in the great white north.

Reactions: UCFBS and Mikesi
Meh, the more troubling part is someone saying Frost put us on the map. If any coach did that, like it or not, it was the statue. This Place did a great job of putting his offense to work, but the stability, reputation and recruiability of UCF was here already. I'm pretty sure the dude who said was recruited from this board and just misspoke a little.

So, I am the dude. Not the dude , as there was only one real dude. ;-)

The kid wrote me and asked me some questions. I have been around UCF football from it's inception. My sister was a volunteer trainer for the early years of the team. In my response to the guy I gave Danny White a lot of credit and shared with guy our success at every level. I reminded him that UCF gave then quarterback Scott Frost all it could handle. We have had many building steps or blocks and GOL brought much needed stability and a level of coaching brand cache that we needed. The on campus stadium doesn't happen in my mind without GOL.

The writers opinion of us not having a lot of success before Frost is not based on anything I shared I can assure you. Lol. The fact is if you look at UCF and our history , we are a special place. Our team and program over the years has accomplished a lot with a little. In Division II when I started UCF we were in the hunt for a title. Again , when we jumped to 1-AA , we routinely made the playoffs. Our Jump to 1-A with Daunte showed the college football world again and we hung with Nebraksa ,beating them at the half with essentially 1-AA talent.

The writing has been on the wall from the beginning. UCF will be a national program and we are living it right here, right now.

I only regret not saying to the guy that without Gene McDowell who truly did yeomans work coupled with George OLeary, the attraction for Frost might not ever be there. McDowell saved us, gave us direction and brought us to Division 1. Oleary took us to another crucial step with facilities. Yes he won along the way too. The Fiesta Bowl was amazing.

Frost added a touch of something and the Peach Bowl victory and last season was yet another pinnacle reached. Without UCF, is Scott Frost at Nebraska? Could he have done this at ECU or Memphis or Cincy? To me there are a handful of schools that would give him success to ultimately land at UNL. UCF clearly made Scott Frost as much as Scott Frost made UCF great last year. I wonder what Nebraska Football accomplished in it's first 39 years compared to UCF? Our achievements likely bettered theirs. We won a national title at the highest level of competition.

Now it's Coach Heupel's team and based on last night, UCF footballs appears to be in good hands.

So, I am the dude. Not the dude , as there was only one real dude. ;-)

The kid wrote me and asked me some questions. I have been around UCF football from it's inception. My sister was a volunteer trainer for the early years of the team. In my response to the guy I gave Danny White a lot of credit and shared with guy our success at every level. I reminded him that UCF gave then quarterback Scott Frost all it could handle. We have had many building steps or blocks and GOL brought much needed stability and a level of coaching brand cache that we needed. The on campus stadium doesn't happen in my mind without GOL.

The writers opinion of us not having a lot of success before Frost is not based on anything I shared I can assure you. Lol. The fact is if you look at UCF and our history , we are a special place. Our team and program over the years has accomplished a lot with a little. In Division II when I started UCF we were in the hunt for a title. Again , when we jumped to 1-AA , we routinely made the playoffs. Our Jump to 1-A with Daunte showed the college football world again and we hung with Nebraksa ,beating them at the half with essentially 1-AA talent.

The writing has been on the wall from the beginning. UCF will be a national program and we are living it right here, right now.

I only regret not saying to the guy that without Gene McDowell who truly did yeomans work coupled with George OLeary, the attraction for Frost might not ever be there. McDowell saved us, gave us direction and brought us to Division 1. Oleary took us to another crucial step with facilities. Yes he won along the way too. The Fiesta Bowl was amazing.

Frost added a touch of something and the Peach Bowl victory and last season was yet another pinnacle reached. Without UCF, is Scott Frost at Nebraska? Could he have done this at ECU or Memphis or Cincy? To me there are a handful of schools that would give him success to ultimately land at UNL. UCF clearly made Scott Frost as much as Scott Frost made UCF great last year. I wonder what Nebraska Football accomplished in it's first 39 years compared to UCF? Our achievements likely bettered theirs. We won a national title at the highest level of competition.

Now it's Coach Heupel's team and based on last night, UCF footballs appears to be in good hands.
I had a feeling that the writer was sort of cherry picking quotes to fit his narrative. This board doesn't have a whole lot of people that are fanatical long(ish) term fans.

Frost added a knowledge of offense and a culture change that UCF sorely needed. I don't want to take that away from him, but, like you said, he stood on the shoulders of coaches that did all the dirty work already.

Such pathetic lazy so-called writing/journalism as any writer (heck any fan) can quickly find out past successes of any team. (In 2 seconds, I just found that Nebraska Football hasn't won a conf title since 1999!!).

Another example...in 2 seconds...I found out what Boston girls are "not that bad".

Last edited:
Reactions: UCFBS and lawknight
I had a feeling that the writer was sort of cherry picking quotes to fit his narrative. This board doesn't have a whole lot of people that are fanatical long(ish) term fans.

Frost added a knowledge of offense and a culture change that UCF sorely needed. I don't want to take that away from him, but, like you said, he stood on the shoulders of coaches that did all the dirty work already.
It's funny, but the Cornholios fail to recognize the simple fact that Frost said pretty much that as well. He recognized what we had done before him, and all of the talent that was already on-time as well as available in the state.

We owe Frost for making use of that for 2 years. But I'm tired of the Cornholios saying we didn't accomplish anything before him.

Blackshirts_Forever is Heupelsthirdchin
Both on Ignore
Maybe this is where @Brandon or a moderator can help, without banning or censoring anyone ...

Start a 'sticky' thread on the Fan Forum listing all handles of Nebraska fans that have been reported as repeat trolls. I'm not talking just any Nebraska fan, but ones that have been repeatedly 'called out' for general insults towards UCF.

That way Knight fans here can decide, on their own, whether or not to put them on ignore ... just like I finally just did too.

Maybe this is where @Brandon or a moderator can help, without banning or censoring anyone ...

Start a 'sticky' thread on the Fan Forum listing all handles of Nebraska fans that have been reported as repeat trolls. I'm not talking just any Nebraska fan, but ones that have been repeatedly 'called out' for general insults towards UCF.

That way Knight fans here can decide, on their own, whether or not to put them on ignore ... just like I finally just did too.
After awhile it’s just not productive anymore
It’s the same deranged and delusional crap rehashed over and over. It’s just a waste of time. Cornholios don’t see their program as it really is. They live life in a bubble. An amazingly stubborn and obtuse group Can’t convince them of anything or change their viewpoints

First off, listen the F-up!!!

UCF fans only remind Nebraska fans it won the 2014 (2013 Season) Fiesta Bowl because only when Nebrasks say UCF never won anything before Frost.

Get that down and do not mis-understand that again!

UCF's 2013 schedule was much more difficult than 2017 -- with 3 top 10 teams, winning 2 and losing a 3rd (the final #4 team) by 3 points.

That said ...

UCF won the Fiesta and Peach Bowls against the Big XII Conference Champion and SEC West Division Champion, and the AAC has been beating the top of the Big XII for some time (when they actually get to play one another).

How many FBS teams have won 2 NY Bowls in 5 years?
How many have been "G5"?
How come 2 lowly G5s (UCF and Boise) have done it more than the supermajority of "P5" Teams?

That's before we even look at the fact that for the past decade, UCF has won its conference 50% of the time.
Because UCF -- playing in a 'lowly G5' -- is able to accomplish more than just winning its 'level' -- but winning at a higher level than expected!
Boise State has done that for even longer too.

So ... what is 'relevant'? According to you ...

So, as a fellow member just reminded me, Virginia Tech basically won it's ACC division for most of its first decade in the conference ... but never won a National Championship.

So is Virginia Tech not relevant as well ... by your, same logic!
Now Virginia Tech has hardly done much this decade. But they were very relevant last decade!!!

Boise State won the 2014 (2014 Season) Fiesta Bowl -- that's just 4 seasons ago!

The G5 is 4-1 in NY Bowls the last 5 years, with a MAC team being the lone suck.

UCF (AAC), Boise (MWC), Houston (AAC), UCF (AAC) -- all against top 10 teams, P5 Divisonal or Conference Champions.

Stop being ignorant. The Top G5 from the AAC or MWC is more than capable of kicking Top P5 @$$ -- repeatedly, regularly.

It was >75% in the BCS era too -- especially when it was non-AQ v. non-AQ (Boise and TCU).

So, never Virginia Tech either ... eh?

And how does a Boise or UCF make the Playoff?!?!?!

Maybe that's why you Corholios, like the CFP-ESPN mafia, are missing why not only UCF made the NC claim ... but even teams like Boise are starting to understand why UCF did.

Because you never want to see an UCF be nationally relevant, and are ignorant of its history before Frost.

That was an awfully long, disjointed post. Is VaTech relevant? You say yes, because 10 years ago they were good. I disagree. Is anybody talking about them being a title contender? Nope, and thats the measure of whether a team is "relevant", as you guys like to call it. Nebraska isnt relevant, but Vatech is, even though both teams have about the same record over the last 20 years and both are about 18 years removed from their last national title game appearance. Explain the disconnect here.

Reactions: HeupelsThirdChin

Both on Ignore
Lmao, whatever you say dumbass.

I've followed UCF since Frost, and will continue to be a fan. UCF is a fun, energetic program and better than a generous handful of P5 teams, I'm just not delusional enough to think UCF is on par with Alabama, Clemson, or Ohio State. Same goes for Nebraska, until proven otherwise.

If you nuanced the last decade of Husker football as heavily as you do the explanation of UCF going 0-12, you'd find they have been plenty relevant.

Sorry if you're too thin-skinned for a dose of honesty.

I have enjoyed reading through this message board. I am the "Cornhole" who wrote the article. Let it be known I am from Minnesota. I chose the University of Nebraska based off of the quality of program, nothing to do with me being a fan, cause I am not. I pride myself in not being a fan of teams and being a fan of the game. I am slowly losing my last ties to my Minnesota Vikings, as I believe it is necessary to be unbiased in order to cover sports. Let it be known: I did not write that headline or the lead that was posted to social media, or even that sentence about having little success. That was all my editors, and I apologize for that. I believe it was in reference to the Division I years, but that should been specified. I would encourage you all to read the whole article, as there are many other parts to the entire story. UCF has had a lot of impressive success in their young history, which was highlighted in the article. And probably just as much or more in the last twenty years. I understand that Scott Frost was not and is not the entire UCF program and their success. Two years prior to losing 12 games UCF was playing in a Fiesta Bowl. It would be simple minded of me to say that Frost was everything to do with the turn around but he did do an incredible job aiding the process. Feel free to email me with questions or your opinions. Thanks.

[/QUOTE]
You chose the University of Nebraska based on quality? They accept 76% of their applicants. That's not really saying a lot son.

You chose the University of Nebraska based on quality? They accept 76% of their applicants. That's not really saying a lot son.[/QUOTE]
I think he means quality football team 18 years ago.

The Cornholes are right. Frost took a yo-yo program and gave it identity and consistency. He should get a bigger statue or replace the current statue. Frost woke up the sleeping giant that we’ve been talking about for decades.

Reactions: Nautiknight
Lmao, whatever you say dumbass.

I've followed UCF since Frost, and will continue to be a fan. UCF is a fun, energetic program and better than a generous handful of P5 teams, I'm just not delusional enough to think UCF is on par with Alabama, Clemson, or Ohio State. Same goes for Nebraska, until proven otherwise.

If you nuanced the last decade of Husker football as heavily as you do the explanation of UCF going 0-12, you'd find they have been plenty relevant.

Sorry if you're too thin-skinned for a dose of honesty.
We don’t want you as a #UCFan

Blackshits gave his farewell speech and is a schizophrenic. He’s actually is a deranged lunatic who’s even responding to himself

What a nut case.

Last edited:
Blackshirts foreverFour-Star Recruit

You know, I honestly thought both parties were just having some fun. Didn’t realize I ruffled and tilted so many of you. So, with that said I will retire from posting on this board.
I wish UCF a good healthy fall camp. A good season. And I am sorry to those I triggered.
So long friends and Go Knights.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT