ADVERTISEMENT

[SIAP] "Frost and his staff left a young program, which has not had much success.

Beware of Colorado!! The bisons are coming!

Buffalo_Corn.JPG

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
If Akron couldnt even get a single yard against the Blackshirts last night I cant see the Buggaloes having much luck next week.

Reactions: NU_FTW
Yes.., I agree. Since defense is the strongest part of the NGEbraska team and your true freshman QB is going to lead multiple time consuming, mistake free drives to keep them off the field

:joy::joy::joy:

Beware of the Bisons! They are stampeding your way!!

Yes.., I agree. Since defense is the strongest part of the NGEbraska team and your true freshman QB is going to lead multiple time consuming, mistake free drives to keep them off the field

I would say our ability to recieve a touchback was the most impressive part of our game last night

Reactions: Mikesi

So, I was in Yellowstone and the Grand Teton this summer. Y'all joke, but more people get gorded by bisons than you would think. Too many people get too close and they don't kindly to that....lol. there were signs all over the place about the dangers buffalo present to people. So , yes be aware of the bison!

Blackshirts foreverFour-Star Recruit

You know, I honestly thought both parties were just having some fun. Didn’t realize I ruffled and tilted so many of you. So, with that said I will retire from posting on this board.
I wish UCF a good healthy fall camp. A good season. And I am sorry to those I triggered.
So long friends and Go Knights.

He didnt trigger anyone. Douchebags_Forever is the one that's triggered.

The Cornholes are right. Frost took a yo-yo program and gave it identity and consistency.
Huh?!

If Frost came in after 2009, I would agree with you. But Frost came in after 2015.

So please explain how this is a yo-yo ...

2009: East Division Runner-Up (6-2)
2010: Conference Champions (7-1, 10+ win season), Liberty Bowl Champions, Top 25 Finish

2011: Down Year (3-5, 5-7 overall)
2012: East Division Champions (7-1, 10+ win season, barely lost both @Champion), St. Pete Bowl Domination
2013: Conference Champions (8-0 perfect, 12 win season), Fiesta Bowl Champsion, Top 10 finish

2x AP top 10 wins (nearly a 3rd AP top 10, missed final #4 by 3 points)
2014: Conference Champions (7-1, lost in cold @UConn, as would Houston next year, 9 win season)

That's three (3) Conference Champions + one (1) Division Champions + one (1) Division Runner-Up, with only one (1) down year in six (6) years. Add in 2015, and that's five out of seven (5 out of 7) very good to ultimate seasons for George's last seven (7).

Compared to this ...

2016: Down year (4-4, we only beat teams w/0-1 wins in-conference, 6-7 overall), dominated by SunBelt Champion in bowl
2017: Conference Champions (8-0/13-0 perfect), Peach Bowl Champions, Top 10 finish
4x AP top 10 wins (1 top 10)

Praise Frost, yes. But he had only two (2) years. So please stop minimizing what George did by year 5+ when he took over when we were even worse in 2003-2004 than we were 2014-2015.

George built UCF in the FBS-Conference Affiliation era.

Frost continued what he started, going 6-7 to start 2015 (not unexpected).

Heupel now takes over.

Last edited:
Huh?!

If Frost came in after 2009, I would agree with you. But Frost came in after 2015.

So please explain how this is a yo-yo ...

2009: East Division Runner-Up (6-2)
2010: Conference Champions (7-1, 10+ win season), Liberty Bowl Champions, Top 25 Finish

2011: Down Year (3-5, 5-7 overall)
2012: East Division Champion (7-1, 10+ win season, barely lost both @Champion), St. Pete Bowl Domination
2013: Conference Champions (8-0 perfect, 13 win season), Fiesta Bowl Champsion, Top 10 finish

2x AP top 10 wins (nearly a 3rd AP top 10, missed final #4 by 3 points)
2014: Conference Champions (7-1, lost in cold @UConn, as would Houston next year, 9 win season)

Comapred to this ...

2016: Down year (4-4, we only beat teams w/0-1 wins in-conference, 6-7 overall), dominated by SunBelt Champion in bowl
2017: Conference Champions (8-0/13-0 perfect), Peach Bowl Champions, Top 10 finish
4x AP top 10 wins (1 top 10)

Praise Frost, yes. But please stop minimizing what George did by year 5+ when he took over when we were even worse in 2003-2004 than we were 2014-2015.

George built UCF in the FBS-Conference Affiliation era.

Frost continued what he started, going 6-7 to start 2015 (not unexpected).

Heupel now takes over.

Wrong.

2004 UCF 0–11 0–8 7th (East)
2005 UCF 8–5 7–1 1st (East) L Hawaii
2006 UCF 4–8 3–5 4th (East)
2007 UCF 10–4 7–1 1st (East) L Liberty
2008 UCF 4–8 3–5 5th (East)
2009 UCF 8–5 6–2 2nd (East) L St. Petersburg
2010 UCF 11–3 7–1 1st (East) W Liberty 20 21
2011 UCF 5–7 3–5 5th (East)
2012 UCF 10–4 7–1 1st (East) W Beef 'O' Brady's
2013 UCF 12–1 8–0 1st W Fiesta† 12 10
2014 UCF 9–4 7–1 T–1st L St. Petersburg
2015 UCF 0–8 0–4 6th (Eastern)

This is a yo-you resume. The downs were spread farther apart toward the end but they were there. "Started at the bottom, now we're still here".

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Wrong.
2009 UCF 8–5 6–2 2nd (East) L St. Petersburg
2010 UCF 11–3 7–1 1st (East) W Liberty 20 21

2011 UCF 5–7 3–5 5th (East)
2012 UCF 10–4 7–1 1st (East) W Beef 'O' Brady's
2013 UCF 12–1 8–0 1st W Fiesta† 12 10
2014 UCF 9–4 7–1 T–1st L St. Petersburg

2015 UCF 0–8 0–4 6th (Eastern)
This is a yo-you resume. The downs were spread farther apart toward the end but they were there. "Started at the bottom, now we're still here".
Do you have reading comprehension issues? Seriously? I highlighted to showcase how you proved my point!

I'm sure most any G5 program short of Boise would kill for a NY bowl win, along with 5 winning seasons -- 4 with 9+ wins, 3 with conference championships and 10+ wins -- out of 7.

Do you have reading comprehension issues? Seriously? I highlighted to showcase how you proved my point!

I'm sure most any G5 program short of Boise would kill for a NY bowl win, along with 5 winning seasons -- 4 with 9+ wins, 3 with conference championships and 10+ wins -- out of 7.

Having a swing of 6 wins/losses on a yearly basis 5 times in 14 years is a yo-yo.

Reactions: NU_FTW
Having a swing of 6 wins/losses on a yearly basis 5 times in 14 years is a yo-yo.
Again, the 'yo-yo'ing' was gone after year 5. Sorry, that argument does not work for 2009+.

Furthermore ... you said Frost 'ended' the yo-yo'ing. HTF is that possible in only 2 years, where he had a losing season to start?

I'm not bashing Frost, but your comment that Frost ended GOL's yo-yo'ing is a joke because GOL himself ended it.

Heck, 2011 is a story in itself ... with a QB who had some 'personal issues.'

Don't invent a narrative that just does not exist at all.

Make the point that GOL yo-yo'd his first 5 years, had a winless finale, and leave it be. Frost didn't end anything, he just put us back on-track.

Again, the 'yo-yo'ing' was gone after year 5. Sorry, that argument does not work for 2009+.

Furthermore ... you said Frost 'ended' the yo-yo'ing. WTF is that possible in only 2 years, where he had a losing season to start?

I'm not bashing Frost, but your comment that Frost ended GOL's yo-yo'ing is a joke because GOL himself ended it.

Heck, 2011 is a story in itself ... with a QB who had some 'personal issues.'

I didnt say that.

I guess it depends on how you define yo-yo.

To me, 2 up (or three up) followed by a down is still a yo-yo. But this IS clearly better than one up and one down.

Reactions: Knight Strength
You chose the University of Nebraska based on quality? They accept 76% of their applicants. That's not really saying a lot son.[/QUOTE]

The quality of program. The College of Journalism and Mass Communications at the University of Nebraska is one the best journalism programs in the country.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT