ADVERTISEMENT

[SIAP] Pre-season UF SI Beat: "...rewards of constructing a program the correct way...a model of college football program construction"

UCFBS

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Oct 21, 2001
USA
PREFACE: I did a search, and couldn't find this posted in any thread. My apologies if it's already been posted elsehwere.

I missed this back on July 1st. Ignoring the headline... this is the greatest complement I've ever seen from a Gator beat writer. For once it's nice to hear another fanbase say we built our program correctly, which we utterly did, and on our own. It's even 10x nicer to see an in-state rival beat, much more Florida, do it.

QUOTE:
"UCF
Outside of Florida and FSU, the third-most important program in the state. To their credit, the Knights built a program out of proverbial thin air. People flock to Orlando and watch a school that slowly built themselves into a respectable program on the serious upswing.
After raising their occasionally-debated national championship, the Knights play in the Big 12, reaping the rewards of constructing a program the correct way. Never taking a shortcut, UCF made true progress in a competitive football landscape. UCF became a model of college football program construction."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.