ADVERTISEMENT

Significant donation

was thinking about starting a separate topic for it but are there any actual facility upgrades happening this winter and the rest of the football offseason? Specifically the Stadium?

I think fans are tired of the lazy river being mentioned anymore either build it asap or cancel the project. I have always thought funds should be used for another larger indoor recover whirlpool not outside

I’ll be curious to see how rebuilding the tower will be scheduled. It would be a very quick turn around to do it in one offseason. There’s no comparable space to put those high dollar donors/ sponsors and coaches boxes.

Buy some bammer analysts...

"Alabama’s support staff is one of the most robust in college football with more than two dozen analysts and recruiting staff members. Most of that group will not return, including ex-Boston College offensive coordinator John McNulty and ex-LSU quarterback Zach Mettenberger. Others like former Texas head coach Charlie Strong and former NFL head coach Ken Whisenhunt are also not expected to be part of DeBoer’s staff."

I’m skeptical if UCF has actually finalized what the next course of action is regarding the stadium. We’ve seen three different renderings in one decade alone.

Screen-shot-2013-04-25-at-5.05.20-PM.png

2013: Expand Roth tower with “wings”. Seems to be the easiest to build and can likely remain open during construction.

new-ucf-4.jpg

2021: Create an additional tower with offices for staff, and additional indoor and outdoor premium seating.

original.jpg;resize(7000,_).jpeg

2023: Completely renovate (demolish?) the existing tower and start over from scratch.

Last edited:
Yeah, who knows what the final architect drawing will look once priced out.

the 1991 #1 fsu vs #2 miami game at doak came on my youtube feed and doak back then had the bounce house look to it.

Until we consistently have more demand than space for more general seating I think Roth Tower needs expansion. The premium seating items are the money makers too.

Reactions: UCFsbarro
lol when I filled mine out those were my top three priorities. I’m assuming I’m not alone, they will get the message.

Sounds like they are trying to model after the Citrus Club downtown for memberships. Would be cool but not a priority by any means.
Big time fundraising requires a nice place to take donors and would also be useful for faculty recruitment searches. UCF also lacks a dedicated conference space that isn’t affiliated with the hotel that could be booked year round.

Reactions: B R Knightz2
Big time fundraising requires a nice place to take donors and would also be useful for faculty recruitment searches. UCF also lacks a dedicated conference space that isn’t affiliated with the hotel that could be booked year round.
The soccer stadium in Frisco where they play the FCS championship has a great conference space… we used it a couple of times when I worked in Dallas. One of our meetings even rented out the field for a soccer friendly among the teams (and my buddy almost tore his ACL).

Reactions: UCF_Kaz
It sounds like they won’t be demolishing the current tower based on how our AD described the timeline.

It sounds like they won’t be demolishing the current tower based on how our AD described the timeline.
I think he just meant they would build around in so they could use for 2024… but likely demolish in 2025, with a skeleton tower that year for cameras and stuff

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT