ADVERTISEMENT

So Bowl game is pretty official

Now some day Shannon might even attend one of the basketball games she reports on.

Good bowl for us. We don't need the travelling distractions.

UCF didn't have any traveling distractions during 3 home losses this year.

Something tells me the difference between winning and losing has nothing to do with travel distractions.

UCF didn't have any traveling distractions during 3 home losses this year.

Something tells me the difference between winning and losing has nothing to do with travel distractions.
That's middle of the season which is totally different than post season. During the season you are playing week to week with few practices in between. This is more like spring ball or summer practice.

She's still the worst.
And she's missed our four toughest opponents. It's clear she doesn't even bother watching away game broadcasts because the Sentinel relies on wire service reports. That's why the local sports press is so irrelevant.

I think just the break will be good for the team. It seemed like some of our Freshman hit a bit of a wall the final few weeks. Will be nice to give them some recovery time, work on execution in extra practices, and then come out on fire in the bowl game.

Thanks, just bought my tickets through UCFKnights.com

First time back to the citrus bowl for me since 2006. Been boycotting it since. LOL.

Reactions: UCFhonors
50 bucks or 20 something bucks. sorry for misspell. phone spell checker didn't like it. so just went with it.

I think just the break will be good for the team. It seemed like some of our Freshman hit a bit of a wall the final few weeks. Will be nice to give them some recovery time, work on execution in extra practices, and then come out on fire in the bowl game.

agreed especially with Killins and Hill.

Jawon Hamilton was the only True Freshman that seemed to be getting stronger the last 4 games of the season.

A State or AR State ... AK is Alaska. Looking forward to this game What's the word around your program?

Well we are back on track on our rise to prominence of taking over cfb. This bowl should be a good stepping stone for us.

How about yours?

A State defense is good, we have a rotation of 4 300LB DT's and 2 DE's that have 24 sacks combined on the season.

Offense doesn't know what it is still. Replaced OC, OL, RB coaches, starting QB, RB, 2 WR's.

We randomly go uptempo then slow down. If you look at the season stats the Defense plays something close to 35 minutes a game. They will take away your main threat and make you beat them doing something else.

Looking at the stats it doesn't seem like UCF does any one thing outstanding and split carries with a true freshman while also having a freshman under center. Was that due to injury or just best kid for the job?

Does your team make half time adjustments? Do you go for it on 4th down a lot? Our qb is 5'10" 160 pounds and throws it sidearm

That's debatable on the halftime adjustments it depends on which game. We have a team built to go side to side at warp speed with an OC that wants to go vertical and run it up the middle. Seems like some weeks we adjust others we pound a square peg in to a star shaped hole.

A State defense is good, we have a rotation of 4 300LB DT's and 2 DE's that have 24 sacks combined on the season.

Offense doesn't know what it is still. Replaced OC, OL, RB coaches, starting QB, RB, 2 WR's.

We randomly go uptempo then slow down. If you look at the season stats the Defense plays something close to 35 minutes a game. They will take away your main threat and make you beat them doing something else.

Not trying to be funny! But, I am not sure what our main threat is? We starting running the ball early in the season, but later relied on passing after some injuries to the o-line. We spread the ball between 3 running backs and pass to several wideouts. One player that gets the most buzz is Tre'Quan Smith wideout.:sunglasses:

Our defense is opportunistic. If your Offense isn't great it will be a long night. The Freshman QB started off red shirting but between other options being inconsistent and injured, he became the starter. Started off good but can't hit the broad side of barn every time. So I would assume you guys stack box and force him to beat you deep.

How would you rate your OL? AState's clear best unit is the DL. We regularly get pressure with just a 4 man rush. Will bring the occasional pressure. Secondary likes to hit as do our LB's We do however employ a 5'9" DB who covers like a 5th-7th round draft pick one week and then not at all next week. Very dangerous punt return man though.

How would you rate your OL? AState's clear best unit is the DL. We regularly get pressure with just a 4 man rush. Will bring the occasional pressure. Secondary likes to hit as do our LB's We do however employ a 5'9" DB who covers like a 5th-7th round draft pick one week and then not at all next week. Very dangerous punt return man though.
OLine is like Swiss Cheese more often than not.

Our defense is opportunistic. If your Offense isn't great it will be a long night. The Freshman QB started off red shirting but between other options being inconsistent and injured, he became the starter. Started off good but can't hit the broad side of barn every time. So I would assume you guys stack box and force him to beat you deep.

The thought of two offenses that can't get out of their own way is just super exciting... Our secondary led NCAA last season in INT's and INT's returned for scores. This season has been a little less successful but still very ball hawky

Last edited:
Okay, there's two ways to read Ark. State's season:
  • They are horrible! Began season losing all 4 of their OOC games, including to a FCS school, Central Arkansas, their first victory ever against an FBS school. All 7 wins were in their lousy conference, and that's only because they didn't have to play two of the three schools with winning records!
  • Started slow, but went 7-1 in conference, their last 5 wins by an average of nearly 26 pts., including their best win a 35-3 trouncing at Troy (9-3).
Their QB finished regular season with 2500+ yds, 59% completions, 16TDs vs 8INTs, spreads ball around to 5 receivers (none over 33 catches) with between 300 and 600 yds. Their best receiver is a 6-3, 230 TE (Mack) ave. 17.7 yds; none of their wide receivers are big. RB Wand is 5'-5", 174 lbs. (867 yds, 15 carries/gm) has half their rushing yds as well as 23 catches. They run 56% of the time. Kicker not accurate at 40+ yds. Their lines are very big and all seniors.

Last edited:
Reactions: UCFhonors
  • They are horrible! Began season losing all 4 of their OOC games, including to a FCS school, Central Arkansas, their first victory ever against an FBS school. All 7 wins were in their lousy conference, and that's only because they didn't have to play two of the three schools with winning records!
  • Started slow, but went 7-1 in conference, their last 5 wins by an average of nearly 26 pts., including their best win a 35-3 trouncing at Troy (9-3).
Their QB finished regular season with 2500+ yds, 59% completions, 16TDs vs 8INTs, spreads ball around to 5 receivers (none over 33 catches) with between 300 and 600 yds. Their best receiver is a 6-3, 230 TE (Mack) ave. 17.7 yds; none of their wide receivers are big. RB Wand is 5'-5", 174 lbs. (867 yds, 15 carries/gm) has half their rushing yds as well as 23 catches. They run 56% of the time. Kicker not accurate at 40+ yds.

Nice recap Professor. Their offense sounds a little bit like UCF. Anything on their defense? :sunglasses:

Their QB finished regular season with 2500+ yds, 59% completions, 16TDs vs 8INTs, spreads ball around to 5 receivers (none over 33 catches) with between 300 and 600 yds. Their best receiver is a 6-3, 230 TE (Mack) ave. 17.7 yds; none of their wide receivers are big. RB Wand is 5'-5", 174 lbs. (867 yds, 15 carries/gm) has half their rushing yds as well as 23 catches. They run 56% of the time. Kicker not accurate at 40+ yds. Their lines are very big and all seniors.

Kicker isn't accurate from any distance, UCA was an FCS loss but there were 9 prior FCS wins over FBS teams some worse FCS teams beat "better" FBS schools. It's an in state game which in Arkansas is a big deal because the only other FBS school in the state refuses to play ANY in state schools in any sport.

Don't believe the "Sun Belt is garbage" hype while it isn't the MWC or AAC its better than CUSA and probably on par with the MAC.

Reactions: Fanof49stAte
As a special holiday bonus, Milton will be serving ducks during the game. Let's hope it is the last time we see it....not because I'm bagging on him personally. I just hope he is not our best option next season.

"Their QB can't complete a pass more than 5 yards downfield, either?"

He does occasionally, but he'd rather complete 2-3 yd passes....especially if we need 5 yards.

Seriously, I think we're gonna find 2 frustrated fan bases in this bowl.
(We're not fans of our offensive coordinator or Oline coach.)
We could have been a really good team this year, and many were expecting it. But our offense never reached its potential, and our kicking game has regressed into something unrecognizable.

Reactions: RedWolf_Infantry
agreed especially with Killins and Hill.

Also Milton, who hasn't really seemed full speed since he tweaked the ankle at FIU and has had a lot put on his plate mentally in the last 5 months. I'd bet Frost is going to design a few series for Holman too in his final game which I think he deserves for how well he has handled this situation. A lot of guys would've become a cancer being benched for a true Freshman in their final year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT