ADVERTISEMENT

So, still in the title game with a W against USF right?

In all fairness, he didn't really have time to throw since the line couldn't protect him.
That never stopped you from bashing JRP. The Oline has been pretty bad all year. DBs and Oline have been the two weakest units, very disappointing.

In all fairness, he didn't really have time to throw since the line couldn't protect him.
This shows up in the stats, where Keene's rushing yards were -28. Protection let us down. Unfortunately he also completed 8/15, missing some key throws. Our big issue was the inability to perform in critical situations. We only converted 3/12 on 3rd down. You saw big players like Holler and Bowser miss blocks that led to sacks.

Reactions: FoxKnight
Anybody know what polls are used to make the decision on who plays in the conference championship game?

To start, we’ve never played for a conference title with more than one loss, so we f-ed up (obviously). Whatever happens, happens. Best case scenario is the Tulane vs Cincy game is a blowout for one of the teams, and we blow out the cows. That’s the best scenario at this point, and still no guarantee of anything.

We should be ahead of Houston for any poll comparisons, even after the loss.

For example, in sagarin we were #27 and Houston was #71. Before this weeks games. Cincy was #39. Tulane #47.

In the Colley Matrix we were #20, Tulane #27, Cincy #29, Houston #52. Before this weeks games.
We aren’t worried anout Houston getting in. They won’t. They create the 3 wY tie and force rankings to decide. Wed lose to the other 2.

Exactly. Navy is Navy, so hard to defend, but our offense should have done way better.
Yeah 7 other teams found a way to beat them, but the supposed #1 team in the conference couldn't find a way at home, that's what's so frustrating.

*If* we even beat usf (Navy taught us not to assume anything) and assuming Houston beats Tulsa, we are going to be in a 3 way tie for second with the Cincy Tulane loser and Houston having 6-2 conference records.
I'm not worried about Houston as they have 4 losses and will very likely be ranked below us, but the Cincy Tulane loser could very well remain ranked in the CFP and that would give them the tie breaker if I'm reading it right.

Section 7 here

Yeah 7 other teams found a way to beat them, but the supposed #1 team in the conference couldn't find a way at home, that's what's so frustrating.

*If* we even beat usf (Navy taught us not to assume anything) and assuming Houston beats Tulsa, we are going to be in a 3 way tie for second with the Cincy Tulane loser and Houston having 6-2 conference records.
I'm not worried about Houston as they have 4 losses and will very likely be ranked below us, but the Cincy Tulane loser could very well remain ranked in the CFP and that would give them the tie breaker if I'm reading it right.

Section 7 here
But wouldn't the head to head aspect be considered before the rankings aspect in that document, or am I misreading?

*If* we even beat usf (Navy taught us not to assume anything)
The coaches should have prepared to not assume anything after our FIRST loss to them, and ECU loss, and the SMU and Tulsa losses before that.

This "we can't take teams for granted" shit is getting old and our team's experience/talent/exp. well-paid coaches shouldn't let it happen. Good teams certainly dont.

As I've said before, again and again, we ain't that great.

Reactions: ucffan642
I am reading it the same way. Head-to-head is assessed first before computer rankings.
I believe that's true only if Houston had played head-to-head against both of the other teams they are tied with. Since they didn't play Cincy or UCF, I'm not sure if that is applicable here. Though I wonder if it is applicable if they've played at least one of the 2 other teams (in which case they played Tulane and lost and UCF beat Tulane). It's crazy I don't think we've had a season in the AAC going into the final week where it's so unclear which will be the 2 final teams in the Championship with 4 technically all in contention.

I believe that's true only if Houston had played head-to-head against both of the other teams they are tied with. Since they didn't play Cincy or UCF, I'm not sure if that is applicable here. Though I wonder if it is applicable if they've played at least one of the 2 other teams (in which case they played Tulane and lost and UCF beat Tulane). It's crazy I don't think we've had a season in the AAC going into the final week where it's so unclear which will be the 2 final teams in the Championship with 4 technically all in contention.
You're correct friend. If we win and Houston wins this week, then it's all about the rankings. If Tulane/Cincy are ranked higher than UCF/Houston after they play, then they'll play again in the 'Ship.

You're correct friend. If we win and Houston wins this week, then it's all about the rankings. If Tulane/Cincy are ranked higher than UCF/Houston after they play, then they'll play again in the 'Ship.
Not likely. Winning in the last week is first tiebreaker, so unfortunately for loser of tulane/cincy- theyre out.

Reactions: CBlackwellRN
What makes you confident Keene would have fared better? He had the whole 2H and the team still struggled.
I say that because the play calls didn't go after their weaknesses. I don't think it would have mattered who was QB but he started the wrong QB when Keene is the better passer. IMO we had better athletes on the field but poor coaching didn't allow us to fare better.

Reactions: Yaes
200w.webp

I say that because the play calls didn't go after their weaknesses. I don't think it would have mattered who was QB but he started the wrong QB when Keene is the better passer. IMO we had better athletes on the field but poor coaching didn't allow us to fare better.
Yeah. The playcalling was suspect. MK deep dropbacks for slow developing passing plays and bowser up the middle was the second half. Against a team that can’t match up with our speed Richardson and Harvey had 1 combined touch in the second half. No misdirection end arounds to O’Keefe. Just have Mikey drop back and get sacked by immediate pressure every drive.

Reactions: Yaes and KnightNite
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT