ADVERTISEMENT

So, what's the deal on these Corona test kits?

KnighttimeJoe

Todd's Tiki Bar
May 29, 2001
Are we failing miserably here or what? I see this scattered among threads here and I really am too lazy to piece it all together.

South Korea is testing like crazy, but we aren't? Or can't? WTF is going on or is this just fake news.

Trump said it was going great yesterday.

Now he's blaming both the CDC (he cut the fukcing pandemic team FFS) and of course, Obama.

If you feel sick, then you probably have it. The tests just try to track it but doesn't help you if you have it.

It doesn't help you but if you are sick and confirmed you will be able to get guaranteed paid time off and other protections to encourage people to not spread the disease. You can't administer the relief plan if you aren't able to test. You can't reduce the spread if you can't test.

Testing is information we need in order to slow the spread.

Is if going to save your life if you already have It? No but it might save someone else's life if you are quarantined because you know you have it.

To a concern extent, but testing itself won't stop the spread of you're contiguous before showing symptoms. I don't think testing will be an issue going forward.

If you feel sick, then you probably have it. The tests just try to track it but doesn't help you if you have it.

If you feel sick you most likely do not have it. The flu is running around in much larger #s than this is. I am quite sure the #s who have had or have corona are much higher than what we see, most who got it before the scare got it, got over it, and are just fine. My guess you can likely go 10k in us have had it, and you still may be low. but that is still a small # in a country of aprox 400 mil.

With what we know about how this spreads in areas that properly test we have seen about a 10x increase in cases each week. The fact that the US just now took major measures and that most people won't know they are sick yet tells me it's likely that our spread statistics are much higher.

With what we know about how this spreads in areas that properly test we have seen about a 10x increase in cases each week. The fact that the US just now took major measures and that most people won't know they are sick yet tells me it's likely that our spread statistics are much higher.

Sadly, you are correct. That's why our nation's failure to begin widespread testing weeks ago is so significant. At this point, the best we can do is avoid public settings as much as humanly possible and cross our fingers.

Sadly, you are correct. That's why our nation's failure to begin widespread testing weeks ago is so significant. At this point, the best we can do is avoid public settings as much as humanly possible and cross our fingers.

I think you should stay in the fetal position for 1 month. Surround yourself in corn for extra protection. ;)

Reactions: UCFWayne
Articles are starting to come out that Trump is reported to have not wanted extensive testing due to the risk that an accurate and growing number of actual confirmed infected people would hurt his reelection campaign.

Paired with his proposal to do a payroll tax cut until election day this seems totally plausible and if it is true that Trump was motivated by reelection to not test people instead of his responsibility to the office and country then he should be removed from office immediately.

Articles are starting to come out that Trump is reported to have not wanted extensive testing due to the risk that an accurate and growing number of actual confirmed infected people would hurt his reelection campaign.

Paired with his proposal to do a payroll tax cut until election day this seems totally plausible and if it is true that Trump was motivated by reelection to not test people instead of his responsibility to the office and country then he should be removed from office immediately.
Just saw a report on this very story on TV.

But seriously, who is surprised?

Anybody who's been playing the slightest bit of attention to Trump's Presidency knows that Trump has always been motivated exclusively by how an issue impacts him personally.

Not surprising. He's a politically motivated individual that bases his own personal value on public perception.

We're WAY underestimating how many people have it. This is an epic failure. People are being turned away from being tested, little to no communication on if the tests are covered. This is a mess.
The tests are covered but it's at a doctors discretion on whether it is necessary. Yes, many many more people have it than are known. In the end, the only thing that matters is the death count and the financial toll on the economy.

The tests are covered but it's at a doctors discretion on whether it is necessary. Yes, many many more people have it than are known. In the end, the only thing that matters is the death count and the financial toll on the economy.
Testing impacts death toll an the economy. People who would be quarantined are out and about. The people they infect will be out and about.

Testing impacts death toll an the economy. People who would be quarantined are out and about. The people they infect will be out and about.
Sure. Quarantined after you've already spread it for 2 weeks. Older people and people with COPD should be careful about where they go and what they do. That's just common sense at this point.

Go for it. If I'm wrong you can blast me. I get super hero status of i'm right ;)
Quick question though.

Why do you think that? What has shown you that we are anywhere near the end of this? Most the time when I ask people that they just have this gut feeling. All evidence points to us being at the very beginning of a major problem.

Quick question though.

Why do you think that? What has shown you that we are anywhere near the end of this? Most the time when I ask people that they just have this gut feeling. All evidence points to us being at the very beginning of a major problem.

Going by the history of others that fad away in the late spring. I could be wrong this one is different. I have no medical knowledge. Worried this is setting a precedent to always shut down everything with a virus.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Going by the history of others that fad away in the late spring. I could be wrong this one is different. I have no medical knowledge. Worried this is setting a precedent to always shut down everything with a virus.
There's a lot to hinge on assumption that it doesn't spread in warm weather. It's possible.

If you feel sick you most likely do not have it. The flu is running around in much larger #s than this is. I am quite sure the #s who have had or have corona are much higher than what we see, most who got it before the scare got it, got over it, and are just fine. My guess you can likely go 10k in us have had it, and you still may be low. but that is still a small # in a country of aprox 400 mil.

Either way. Stay inside and get better. A test won't make a difference.

1 year and paint horns on a trump mural.
Plz serious answers only. Dr Fauci says I need two Covid tests before I'm deemed no longer contagious. I'm trying to figure out how I can make sure I'm not contagious without tests when I don't know if I am even sick to begin with.

Plz serious answers only. Dr Fauci says I need two Covid tests before I'm deemed no longer contagious. I'm trying to figure out how I can make sure I'm not contagious without tests when I don't know if I am even sick to begin with.

Well then get tested daily to be sure. Maybe twice a day.

I just tried to get tested in two major hospitals. Both of them said they don't have any way of testing, zero test kits.

Based on my experience we have no idea how many people actually have this, as it's not possible to get tested.

What an utter shit show.

Reactions: firm_bizzle
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT