ADVERTISEMENT

So, what's the deal on these Corona test kits?

Not surprising. He's a politically motivated individual that bases his own personal value on public perception.

You cant just write this off that it isnt surprising. If this is true, it is completely irresponsible and not a single person in this country should vote for him. Risking a pandemic to own the libs should be where any rational person draws the line.

You cant just write this off that it isnt surprising. If this is true, it is completely irresponsible and not a single person in this country should vote for him. Risking a pandemic to own the libs should be where any rational person draws the line.
And? Great points but nobody gives a crap in the grand scheme of things. Fortunately nobody has to vote for anybody today or tomorrow so we have time to see whether this is a shit show or if its overblown by the media.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
And? Great points but nobody gives a crap in the grand scheme of things. Fortunately nobody has to vote for anybody today or tomorrow so we have time to see whether this is a shit show or if its overblown by the media.

Trump himself just declared a national emergency, so I am going to go with no, it isnt overblown.

The only people who dont give a crap are people who look at him like a cult leader. This is beyond just disagreeing on tax rates or if we should build a wall, this is something that is obviously to impact society in a big way. If what he did is true (and I am saying if), then anyone who votes for him is an irresponsible person at the least. It's just that simple.

Going by the history of others that fad away in the late spring. I could be wrong this one is different. I have no medical knowledge. Worried this is setting a precedent to always shut down everything with a virus.
The difference in this one is the ease of transmission. 60 days into H1N1 and SARS there were under 10k cases globally. There are over 130k confirmed cases and the actually number is much higher.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
Trump himself just declared a national emergency, so I am going to go with no, it isnt overblown.

The only people who dont give a crap are people who look at him like a cult leader. This is beyond just disagreeing on tax rates or if we should build a wall, this is something that is obviously to impact society in a big way. If what he did is true (and I am saying if), then anyone who votes for him is an irresponsible person at the least. It's just that simple.
Your TDS is getting to Shookster levels. The president is doing a fine job. We have about 2,500 cases in a country of 329 million

Your TDS is getting to Shookster levels. The president is doing a fine job. We have about 2,500 cases in a country of 329 million

And it is goign up everyday, because it is still spreading. You understand that the #s today are not going to be the #s tomorrow, or a week from now right?

The difference in this one is the ease of transmission. 60 days into H1N1 and SARS there were under 10k cases globally. There are over 130k confirmed cases and the actually number is much higher.

Maybe because SARS killed 1/3 people it infected?

And it is goign up everyday, because it is still spreading. You understand that the #s today are not going to be the #s tomorrow, or a week from now right?
I agree, but we are taking drastic containment measures. Those Measures are increasing exponentially. So.., I don’t expect the numbers to skyrocket exponentially. At the experts predicting THAT?

Reactions: Crazyhole
https://www.healthline.com/health-news/has-anything-changed-since-the-2003-sars-outbreak

Not true. First off it only infected 8,000 people, so this has already far surpassed that. But it only killed 1/10, which is certainly higher than this, but it is also not 1/3.

I was thinking of MERS. Still, a 10% mortality rate is insane. MERS has the 30% mortality rate. It kills people before they can spread it. COVID19 probably will have a mortality rate between .6 and .3%

I agree, but we are taking drastic containment measures. Those Measures are increasing exponentially. So.., I don’t expect the numbers to skyrocket exponentially. At the experts predicting THAT?

The experts arent really predicting anything, they are saying it is a concern.

I was thinking of MERS. Still, a 10% mortality rate is insane. MERS has the 30% mortality rate. It kills people before they can spread it. COVID19 probably will have a mortality rate between .6 and .3%

You are probably right, but it has already killed more people simply because it infects more people than either of those.

Given that there are not enough tests to test everyone with flu like symptoms, and given the reality that no disease waits on a test kit from the CDC, it is essential that people use all the data available to them. This means looking beyond coronavirus test results and numbers. Every state and most localities maintain a weekly influenza update report like the ones generated by the Washington State Department of Health. While coronavirus is unequivocally not influenza, the influenza reports track the entire range of "influenza like" illness--hence the acronym "ILI". As the Washington State reports demonstrate, there is a correlation between levels of ER visits for influenza like illnesses and prevalence of COVID-19 in a community.

Reactions: hemightbejeremy
ILI stats Florida: http://www.floridahealth.gov/diseas...luenza-surveillance-report-archive/index.html

Because these reports are available for public consumption, they are a resource anyone can use to see where the disease has likely taken hold, and where the disease has yet to do so. People can see this for themselves, and I encourage everyone to become familiar with these reports for their state and community. Know the general state of infectious disease in your community.

Reactions: Crazyhole
That's exactly what I was going to say. People are self quarantining themselves and cancelling gatherings. We will probably see the top of the arc within a month.

jmljg90h60n41.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT