ADVERTISEMENT

Sons of UCF LIVE: Chris Boyle w/Daytona-Beach News Journal on UCF Football & Miguel Chavez previews the Knight Fan Art Bash

ucf1

Bronze Knight
Gold Member
Dec 17, 2001
On this week's Sons of UCF LIVE: We welcome back Chris Boyle, UCF Football Beat Writer for the Daytona Beach News-Journal, as we talk about the Transfer Portal, UCF's Quarterback Room and more. Then, Miguel Chavez with the Knight Fan Shop previews Tuesday's Knight Fan Art Bash.

All this and more on this week's Sons of UCF LIVE - just click here.

Reactions: AuburnLegacy_1
I agree with most everything Chris Boyle said.

UCF wanted Nikai Martinez to remain, but Gus is a penny pincher who refused to pay more than fair market value for his services. Through Nikai, Gus sent a message to the other guys about the end result of unreconcilable differences about money.

Regarding the quarterback room, I think most UCF fans are content with the group "as is" because (a) they want Gus to develop his own guys (unrealistic in the current transfer climate) and because (b) KJ Jefferson has zero injury history.

If UCF enrolls transfer edges Nyjalik Kelly and target Cam Riley (who can also play Sam linebacker and Mike linebacker) and retains all its current defensive linemen, the Knights will field the top defensive line unit in the entire Big 12.

Boyle said UCF needed wide receivers a corner, a right tackle, and probably another safety. I agree.

Last edited:
Reactions: ucf1
I agree with most everything Chris Boyle said.

UCF wanted Nikai Martinez to remain, but Gus is a penny pincher who refused to pay more than fair market value for his services. Through Nikai, Gus sent a message to the other guys about the end result of unreconcilable differences about money.

Regarding the quarterback room, I think most UCF fans are content with the group "as is" because (a) they want Gus to develop his own guys (unrealistic in the current transfer climate) and because (b) KJ Jefferson has zero injury history.

If UCF enrolls transfer edges Nyjalik Kelly and target Cam Riley (who can also play Sam linebacker and Mike linebacker) and retains all its current defensive linemen, the Knights will field the top defensive line unit in the entire Big 12.

Boyle said UCF needed wide receivers a corner, a right tackle, and probably another safety. I agree.
Appreciate the takes. TT

Reactions: AuburnLegacy_1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT