ADVERTISEMENT

Spectrum Mobile Question

Vendsit

Silver Knight
Gold Member
Jan 7, 2008
Windermere, Florida
I'm looking for a new cell phone plan for 2 people and considering going with Spectrum Mobile. I currently have TMobile and paying over $100 for 2 lines and own the phones outright. We have Spectrum gig internet at home so the phones would be $29.99 a month with one line free. Does anyone here use them and have any feedback. good or bad? Thanks

I'm looking for a new cell phone plan for 2 people and considering going with Spectrum Mobile. I currently have TMobile and paying over $100 for 2 lines and own the phones outright. We have Spectrum gig internet at home so the phones would be $29.99 a month with one line free. Does anyone here use them and have any feedback. good or bad? Thanks
Most of the major providers, like Spectrum, Comcast/Xfinity and others have gotten into this space.

My main concern is coverage and reliability, especially going through people's home spots**. So I'm genuinely interested too, being with T-mobile for nearly 2 decades, with Xfinity always hitting me up, as I have them for Internet.

I buy unlocked Moto and Samsung phones, so that's not an issue either. It's really adding up. It used to be easier to swallow when my prior employers reimbursed $100-200/mo tax-free. But those years are long gone.

**SIDE NOTE: This is why I also don't use their equipment, and get my own modem (wired w/o any radio) and Router..

• Dislike
Reactions: KnighttimeJoe
Most of the major providers, like Spectrum, Comcast/Xfinity and others have gotten into this space.

My main concern is coverage and reliability, especially going through people's home spots**. So I'm genuinely interested too, being with T-mobile for nearly 2 decades, with Xfinity always hitting me up, as I have them for Internet.

I buy unlocked Moto and Samsung phones, so that's not an issue either. It's really adding up. It used to be easier to swallow when my prior employers reimbursed $100-200/mo tax-free. But those years are long gone.

**SIDE NOTE: This is why I also don't use their equipment, and get my own modem (wired w/o any radio) and Router..
My only issue is in researching the coverage, they throttle it back after 20gig a month. My daughter uses about 30 and I use between 5-10 so that would hurt. I'm on with TMobile now and one of the benefits of being older is being able to use the 55 up plan. It would get it down to $80 a month total and actually gives my more benefits. Apple + and Netflix as well as unlimited Wifi when I fly. I used it twice this week alone so that feature is useful.

Reactions: UCFBS
My only issue is in researching the coverage, they throttle it back after 20gig a month. My daughter uses about 30 and I use between 5-10 so that would hurt. I'm on with TMobile now and one of the benefits of being older is being able to use the 55 up plan. It would get it down to $80 a month total and actually gives my more benefits. Apple + and Netflix as well as unlimited Wifi when I fly. I used it twice this week alone so that feature is useful.
Ooooh, I'm 50 ... didn't know about the 55&up plan (less than 5 years away). (off to Google)

• Dislike
Reactions: KnighttimeJoe
Why would this goon sign up for a 55&up plan when he told us all you're gonna croak in 4 years, tops, from the COVID jab? AMIRITE @Ucfmikes ??????!!??!?!!?!?!??!

Reactions: Ucfmikes
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT