ADVERTISEMENT

Sporting News Preseason Top 25

I was surprised that Miami isn't listed in the top 25 as well. Preseason polls are typically based on what the team did the previous year, returners, and media biased. Basically, I compared this top 25 list with Vegas Odds to win a National Championship and they line up somewhat. Except Notre Dame at #5 on this list (Media biased kicked in).

Put Notre Dame on the Knights' jerseys and UCF would magically be hailed as a top 25 preseason pick. It's been that way for ages.
College Football Teams with Best Chance to Go Undefeated in 2024

1. Notre Dame

15.8 percent chance.
Marcus Freeman enters Year 3 boasting one of college football's best pass defenses, but doing some surgery on an offense that loses two key edge blockers, its quarterback, and lead rusher. Riley Leonard steps in at QB and Beaux Collins at WR, and aside from the opener at Texas A&M, the Irish play a winnable schedule. Florida State comes to play in front of Touchdown Jesus late in the year, and there's a road trip to USC in the finale.

In Awe What GIF

I was surprised that Miami isn't listed in the top 25 as well.
After 2 DECADES of "The U is back...oops...I guess they are not back after all," I guess people are finally realizing they are old news and not worthy of their normal pre-season attention.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT