ADVERTISEMENT

Stadium Expansion

Courtskils

Four-Star Recruit
Sep 4, 2007
Does Danny White have stadium expansion plans? He mentioned during one of the in-game videos about renewing tickets that will be considered lower bowl. He also said the same thing on 96.9 after the game. You need an upper bowl for the current seats to be considered lower bowl!

Yeah, I think there are few current games where an expanded stadium would be needed but most of our games still have plenty of empty seats, and that's winning 23 in a row. I agree there is still plenty of work left to fill the current seats yearly, without expanding. I think we should hold off on expanding until the next round of TV contracts, when we'll know if that much bigger paycheck will be there for us each year.

I prefer to keep the capacity the same and just improve amenities/suites

if the Program stays this hot just raise the prices more

I’m with you. If we were to ever lose this magic, the need for expansion would have been a waste of money. Look at the state of the OCSC Lions. Focus on amenities and a great game time experience for the core and the rest will follow in due time. Too premature IYAM.

Does Danny White have stadium expansion plans? He mentioned during one of the in-game videos about renewing tickets that will be considered lower bowl. He also said the same thing on 96.9 after the game. You need an upper bowl for the current seats to be considered lower bowl!
As soon as we don't have a magical season attendance will go back to 38K because of our weak schedule . No reason until we get into a better conference

I wouldn't expand until we either play in the P5 or expand the playoff to 8. Even then you should wait until all available seats are sold as season tickets.

Reactions: Shark59
Expansion I will agree on holding off on, however that being said, if a conference move or playoff expansion occurs then it should be number one on the priorities.

It’s not like this is for next year lol. This is a process. I expect us to start construction in about 2 years.

It’s amazing how quiet things are when we are winning

They need do expand slightly, because seating was lost because of the Cabana. Maybe 2,000-5,000 more seats.

They are improving the lower Cabana to keep people down there and they need to continue to do so

No more Cabana expansion. It’s just too packed now.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
I thought I heard DW...or someone...say that the upper level of the Cabana would be expanded one section in each direction this offseason. Also a possibility of adding more food/drink vendor space.

Reactions: G-Knight

I agree 100%. We don’t need more general seats right now. We need to upgrade our current seats to all chair backs which will reduce the seats by a few thousand. Refortify all the metal in the stadium. Build another luxury suites tower on the Westside of the stadium. Then create more premium seating with small lodge boxes on both sides of the luxury towers. These would be cheaper boxes that seat 8 people, tvs included, but fans can bring in their own food and drinks for these seats. I would try to build maybe 50 of these and charge $15,000 per season. You can hang out in your box before and after games. From their we need a prefabricated stone wall around the stadium that rises to the height of the luxury suites. We really need that to take away from erector set perception that we have. Even make it have some semblance of castle walls. Build the outer wall out a little in cerain areas to leave more general seating expansion. The end goal is to have all seating in encompassed within the stone walls.

No expansion right now. But they are installing viewing screens at multiple turns on the lazy river so we can get another 5-10K per game at our on campus water park.

I agree 100%. We don’t need more general seats right now. We need to upgrade our current seats to all chair backs which will reduce the seats by a few thousand. Refortify all the metal in the stadium. Build another luxury suites tower on the Westside of the stadium. Then create more premium seating with small lodge boxes on both sides of the luxury towers. These would be cheaper boxes that seat 8 people, tvs included, but fans can bring in their own food and drinks for these seats. I would try to build maybe 50 of these and charge $15,000 per season. You can hang out in your box before and after games. From their we need a prefabricated stone wall around the stadium that rises to the height of the luxury suites. We really need that to take away from erector set perception that we have. Even make it have some semblance of castle walls. Build the outer wall out a little in cerain areas to leave more general seating expansion. The end goal is to have all seating in encompassed within the stone walls.
even if UCF had the money I would still leave both endzones bleachers(student noise), make most/all the sideline seats chair backs.

As soon as we don't have a magical season attendance will go back to 38K because of our weak schedule . No reason until we get into a better conference

How do we expect supporters to our cause when we use UCFact Deniers criticism against our conference mates and by extension of us

The first part of changing the narrative that’s against us, is to change how we talk about ourselves and conference mates.

Go take a lap.

I agree. Let’s do more amenities and more luxurious seating. Seat back would be great.

Reactions: Mikesi
I thought I heard DW...or someone...say that the upper level of the Cabana would be expanded one section in each direction this offseason. Also a possibility of adding more food/drink vendor space.

Yes they are expanding the Cabana and creating a deck above the existing one for next year. I know someone with Cabana tickets that can’t renew the same seats in 2019 because of the construction of the new deck.

How do we expect supporters to our cause when we use UCFact Deniers criticism against our conference mates and by extension of us

The first part of changing the narrative that’s against us, is to change how we talk about ourselves and conference mates.

Go take a lap.
bc that has been the trend of the fanbase(and also the trend nationally). Even with this long winning streak Navy wasn't a complete sellout. Bigger isn't always better, even Chris Fowler said in a video ucf football tweeted out previewing the Cinci game that the intimate setting of 'the bouncehouse' makes it unique.

I think even UF and FSU who have generational fanbases would probably want to downsize capacity some, FSU should have never gone past 70K

Reactions: UCFhonors
I really like our stadium, my seats and the whole setting. The noise level was unreal due to the closed in logistics. Not very far to the players and the sideline from the first few rows.

I’m never ever going to give my seats up.

I doubt any conference is expanding that soon, but the original post was did he have plans. I hope to God he does have plans for expansion. Just don't do it now, but at least have plans to put in front of an interested conference (should it ever happen).

bc that has been the trend of the fanbase(and also the trend nationally). Even with this long winning streak Navy wasn't a complete sellout. Bigger isn't always better, even Chris Fowler said in a video ucf football tweeted out previewing the Cinci game that the intimate setting of 'the bouncehouse' makes it unique.

I think even UF and FSU who have generational fanbases would probably want to downsize capacity some, FSU should have never gone past 70K

Excellent points.

I really like our stadium, my seats and the whole setting. The noise level was unreal due to the closed in logistics. Not very far to the players and the sideline from the first few rows.

I’m never ever going to give my seats up.

Me too! I much prefer our standium over Ohio States and Tennessee’s.

Every seat has a great view.

Perhaps the Big 12 is considering dumping Baylor due to all their issues, and has contacted DW regarding things they'd like to see if UCF were to get a Big 12 invite?

Go take a lap.
pffftt. Keep telling yourself that playing Tulsa, Tulane, usf, and Temple awesome! I'm a realist. Playing on the road at empty stadiums doesn't make UCF fans flock to see those teams at hope. I supported this team in 1-AA when other students were flocking to Gator and Nole games, and will always attend games regardless. Stop trying to make lemonade out of piss....it's piss.

pffftt. Keep telling yourself that playing Tulsa, Tulane, usf, and Temple awesome! I'm a realist. Playing on the road at empty stadiums doesn't make UCF fans flock to see those teams at hope. I supported this team in 1-AA when other students were flocking to Gator and Nole games, and will always attend games regardless. Stop trying to make lemonade out of piss....it's piss.

Everything changes when a legit playoff happens.

The AAC has some of the best cities in America. We have lots going for us. Hanging your hat on attendance criticism is as weak as any argument that UCFact Deniers give us.

Everything changes when a legit playoff happens.

The AAC has some of the best cities in America. We have lots going for us. Hanging your hat on attendance criticism is as weak as any argument that UCFact Deniers give us.
I'm not criticizing attendance. It's the reality of playing in a conference of schools with little promise. Yes, we have TONS going for us. But even SEC powerhouses have fans that skip games against these types of opponents. I was simply stating that there is no next to expand the stadium until that day comes. Hell, we didn't sell out three games during a 23 game win streak. There is zero reason to build seats that will often be empty. One, it's a huge monetary investment. Two, I don't want UCF to look like pirate ship stadium when we have a couple of loses again (sorry, but we won't go undefeated forever. Let's not act like delusional usf fans.
I hope that one day we can scrap the metal and build a proper stadium like Minnesota or Colorado St....instead of adding more metal to our current set up (which I'm very grateful for).

I'm not criticizing attendance. It's the reality of playing in a conference of schools with little promise. Yes, we have TONS going for us. But even SEC powerhouses have fans that skip games against these types of opponents. I was simply stating that there is no next to expand the stadium until that day comes. Hell, we didn't sell out three games during a 23 game win streak. There is zero reason to build seats that will often be empty. One, it's a huge monetary investment. Two, I don't want UCF to look like pirate ship stadium when we have a couple of loses again (sorry, but we won't go undefeated forever. Let's not act like delusional usf fans.
I hope that one day we can scrap the metal and build a proper stadium like Minnesota or Colorado St....instead of adding more metal to our current set up (which I'm very grateful for).

Scrap the Bounce House? GTFO with that nonsense.

Yeah, I heard the same thing. A lady on FB was complaining that she got priced out of her seats because the Cabana was expanding.

Mods please ban for 7 days. :fire:

Huh?

UCF has 2 levels...a lower bowl/level and an upper bowl/level.

I don't see DW or any UCF AD adding more general "bleacher" seating as I still think DW is focused on adding revenue generating amenities vs any type of general seating expansion. Heck, DW is actually taking OUT seats in the top rows of the Cabana and putting in a 3rd level club bar up there to help ease beer lines and make the 2nd level club less crowded.

Revenue per seat per game is going UP next year because of one less home game (yes, some overall prices for renewals might drop for the season but per game prices are higher), plus Cabana Seats are increasing $100 overall with 1 less game (price per game jumps from $71.43 to $100 per game).

DW wants "scarcity" of tickets to help push season tix sales...which helped with many games this season and I don't see that changing with any type of large stadium expansion. as it took UCF winning 22 straight games to get only our 2nd sellout of the season (i.e. if UCF ever moved up to P5, odds are UCF won't win 22 games in a row).

One sellout and it's time to talk about expansion? 45K is perfect for now and the next 5 years. Give it a break.

We all know numbers will fall once we start hosting FAMU, ECU and UCONN again.

Actually, I bet that game is close to a sellout as UCF generally draws very well for a home/season opener (UCF had 43,000 plus for the South Carolina State Game...but that was a Thursday night game that students love), and since this will be FAMU's first ever visit to UCF, I know a ton of people that will go to this game just for FAMU's Marching 100 Halftime Show.

Reactions: Lord Christopher
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT