ADVERTISEMENT

Stadium Expansion

Fortify the stadium and encase it in a surrounding brick wall before expanding.

Never will happen as that won't bring in one dime of new revenue.

DW is all about INCREASING REVENUE...from talking out bleacher seats and adding "fewer" chairback seats in new clubs, plus field cabanas and the new "loge" tables on top of the SW section next to the Stadium Club.

DW won't spend millions on something that won't bring in new revenue (especially at this time).

Reactions: firm_bizzle
Do you actually have a legit argument against that? Use your big words.....

1.) FB uses the best words. Tremendously big words. Excellent brain.
2.) This winning streak is never gonna end, that I can tell you.
3.) It makes zero sense to scrap the current stadium to build one like Minnesota or CSU (which is similar to our stadium in the use of metal).
4.) Enjoy your little 7 day timeout and think about what you have done.
5.) Happy Thanksgiving.
6.) Go Knights! Charge On!

1.) FB uses the best words. Tremendously big words. Excellent brain.
2.) This winning streak is never gonna end, that I can tell you.
3.) It makes zero sense to scrap the current stadium to build one like Minnesota or CSU (which is similar to our stadium in the use of metal).
4.) Enjoy your little 7 day timeout and think about what you have done.
5.) Happy Thanksgiving.
6.) Go Knights! Charge On!
As a long time Colorado resident, I've been to CSU's stadium a couple of times. Not sure where you get your info? Their stadium is not even close to being similar in terms of metal use. Much nicer and higher quality. Of course it cost over $150 million more than the bounce house to construct.

Seating expansion isn't necessary until we get into a P5 conference. What I feel should be expanded is Roth Tower so that there may be more suites/premium luxury seats, etc. This is what brings in the big dollars. Plus the stadium will look even more "big time" with a giant imposing Tower that is twice as wide as the current structure (not to mention it will provide more shade for more of the stadium for late afternoon games).

Last edited:
Houston's new stadium has corrugated steel & aluminum panels look that look like a low cost way to conceal the structure but still allow airflow.

Cougar_Cage_Exterior_-_Southeast_Corner_of_TDECU_Stadium.jpeg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT