ADVERTISEMENT

Stanford game 3:30pm?

ericandi

Silver Knight
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2004
Orlando
I was just looking at our football schedule in the CBS Sports app and saw that the Stanford game is scheduled for 3:30pm, but no TV network is listed, unlike all off our other games that already have time slots, also have TV networks listed as well.

Just curious why we would voluntarily schedule a home game at 3:30pm in the middle of September when the time wasn't dictated by a TV network. It's likely to be in the mid to high 90's and feel like 100 degrees in the sun. Even in the shade it's gonna be miserably hot.

Granted this will give us an edge over Stanford, but it really is a safety issue for fans, not to mention it's just down right miserable to sit for hours in the midday heat of September.

I really think we should only have night games at home in the months of August and September. I realize that TV networks usually dictate kickoff times for televised games, but I read somewhere a few months back that the PAC 12 has a waiver in place for Arizona schools, so they only play night games at home in the month of September, even for televised games. Apparently the TV networks have to abide by the PAC-12 September night game mandate for Arizona and ASU.

I'm sure we could lobby and get a similar mandate put in place by the AAC due to the safety issue for fans attending noon and 3:30 home games in August and September.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News