ADVERTISEMENT

Stay put Tacko

It was so obvious. Sometimes when you keep hearing things over and over and over to the contrary, you start to second guess yourself and not believe what you actually have seen all year. He's just not ready to play basketball with the big boys of the NBA and coming out now is going to potentially cost him millions of dollars that he could get next year as a first round pick. Maybe even a lottery pick.

Coming out now is not good for him, UCF or his family.

It was so obvious. Sometimes when you keep hearing things over and over and over to the contrary, you start to second guess yourself and not believe what you actually have seen all year. He's just not ready to play basketball with the big boys of the NBA and coming out now is going to potentially cost him millions of dollars that he could get next year as a first round pick. Maybe even a lottery pick.

Yes, because so many upper-classmen are picked in the lottery or even in the first round. Leading the nation in defense isn't polished enough. Every year, the NBA has lottery picks who aren't even starters or impressive stats.

Yes, because so many upper-classmen are picked in the lottery or even in the first round. Leading the nation in defense isn't polished enough. Every year, the NBA has lottery picks who aren't even starters or impressive stats.
No because you have to play both ends of floor or be a lights out scorer to play in the league for a good bit. Here we can hide him in middle of a 2-3 zone where he doesn't have to guard perimeter. He will have to in NBA.

My feeling always was on top of everything else, the NBA is moving the opposite direction, small. I never thought he was ready, but I also think 10 years ago , he would have had a legit shot at 1st round. But this is not 10 years ago.

Not sure what point you are trying to make, but "leading the nation in defense" (whatever that means) and being an
upper-classman has absolutely nothing to do with him getting guaranteed money or not. It's about where he is going to get picked and nothing else. The majority of NBA people who make the picks say that he wouldn't be a high one this year and should stay at UCF

So.,, what's the argumental point??

Reactions: PothTXKnight
No because you have to play both ends of floor or be a lights out scorer to play in the league for a good bit. Here we can hide him in middle of a 2-3 zone where he doesn't have to guard perimeter. He will have to in NBA.
NO! Because no NBA team can put all five players out at the 3-pt line! So Tacko merely needs to switch to guarding whoever is inside that line -- even from the free throw line, he can and does block or alter drives and pull up jumper attempts. In the NBA, 3-seconds is an eternity. Remember, Tacko plays offense with a 3-second lane restriction! And those 65% of NBA-distant 3s that miss, Tacko grabs and puts back in while on offense, or vacuums up while on defense.

NO! Because no NBA team can put all five players out at the 3-pt line! So Tacko merely needs to switch to guarding whoever is inside that line -- even from the free throw line, he can and does block or alter drives and pull up jumper attempts. In the NBA, 3-seconds is an eternity. Remember, Tacko plays offense with a 3-second lane restriction! And those 65% of NBA-distant 3s that miss, Tacko grabs and puts back in while on offense, or vacuums up while on defense.
Correct. Tacko maybe does ALL OF THAT! He blocks shots in the NBA! He grabs rebounds in the NBA! He alters drives in the NBA! He puts back misses in the NBA!!

After at least 1 more year at UCF!

Because, right now the majority of NBA exec don't see him able to do any of that. Obviously, I don't either and either does BlackNGoldAllDay.

Who else see this ability right now???

As of this moment I would guess that the NBA Execs see him as a liability on the floor.

My feeling always was on top of everything else, the NBA is moving the opposite direction, small. I never thought he was ready, but I also think 10 years ago , he would have had a legit shot at 1st round. But this is not 10 years ago.
I think ultimately most of his pro career will be in China or Europe.

Correct. Tacko maybe does ALL OF THAT! He blocks shots in the NBA! He grabs rebounds in the NBA! He alters drives in the NBA! He puts back misses in the NBA!!

After at least 1 more year at UCF!

Because, right now the majority of NBA exec don't see him able to do any of that. Obviously, I don't either and either does BlackNGoldAllDay.

Who else see this ability right now???

As of this moment I would guess that the NBA Execs see him as a liability on the floor.
I agree. He can't even consistently do any of that in college right now! I was thinking what would Fall have to do. One, if the offense was designed around him and he and the team benefited tremendously. Another is if he was reliable for all minutes at least on the defense end. AAC defensive player of the year aside, none of those applied.

It really is obvious, for the NBA he's slow, unbalanced, not an inside banger, and he just started to develop a move to the basket. Stay in school son, get your education, get better,..............AND HELP THE KNIGHTS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I think ultimately most of his pro career will be in China or Europe.
No, he'll be waxing car and doing lawn work. He's of no interest. Why even bother. Doesn't matter how long he stays in college, it won't help much. That's way he should stay and get better and get real NBA money. That makes sense to me.

No, he'll be waxing car and doing lawn work. He's of no interest. Why even bother. Doesn't matter how long he stays in college, it won't help much. That's way he should stay and get better and get real NBA money. That makes sense to me.
Wanna take bets??? He's only improved while at UCF. Why would that all of a sudden stop??

The good news is he can wax the top of a Winnebago and can cut tall palm trees without a ladder, truck, or even
one of those long saws. Saves a lot of money.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
Inside banger for a big man is big $$$

It's worth it for him to stud up and work on some of those other skills mentioned along
with building up endurance for the NBA. The NBA doesn't like to take on many projects and he's
still developmentally at the project stage. If he would rather play pro in Europe than leave college but if he stays in college he has a better chance for receiving that big NBA pay day and playing time.

He needs to develop a 3 point game too. It's done wonders for Kelly Olynyk.

A 3 point game....Tacko? Ahhhh...no!

But you're right, he needs to develop his offensive game and learn how to make various shots at a decent percentage....using both hands around the basket, jump hooks, step out for 10-15 footers and make some free throws....those and improve his defensive ability with increased mobility and voila you've got a probable first round daft pick....make it happen Tacko!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT