ADVERTISEMENT

Steelers’ John Rhys Plumlee Makes It Clear That He’s Not Taysom Hill: 'I Am A Quarterback'

Central Floridave

Todd's Tiki Bar
Aug 21, 2001

Steelers’ John Rhys Plumlee Makes It Clear That He’s Not Taysom Hill: 'I Am A Quarterback'​

Story by Anthony G. Halkias II, Steeler Nation
• 16h •

giphy.gif

He will change his tune. Just like Tebow.
Tebow at least had the size and durability to be in the NFL. Defenses who will be faster than Plumlee will lay him out, if he ever sees the field in meaningful minutes.

Ironic that perhaps Malzahn's unwavering support in Plumlee being a QB may end up convincing him to pursue something that will never happen when he could have had a legit career in baseball or as a WR.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
JRP becoming a QB for the Steelers is the biggest laugh in the history of UCF FB alumni NFL dreams!

A quick blurb from a Rookie mini-camp (this weekend) article:

QB-WR John Rhys Plumlee​

An extremely well rounded athlete, the former Knight at the University of Central Florida will be one of the more intriguing players to watch at camp. He played both baseball and football at UCF, and was productive as both a WR and QB. Where he plays most over the weekend will be telling for his projection.

Tebow at least had the size and durability to be in the NFL. Defenses who will be faster than Plumlee will lay him out, if he ever sees the field in meaningful minutes.

Ironic that perhaps Malzahn's unwavering support in Plumlee being a QB may end up convincing him to pursue something that will never happen when he could have had a legit career in baseball or as a WR.
our players talk a lot for a 6 win Program

Undrafted free agent John Rhys Plumlee hoping to stick with Steelers at QB​

John Rhys Plumlee is the longest of long shots to win a roster spot with the Pittsburgh Steelers this fall.

Here is a vid I took of Plumlee's last TD in the Bounce house for the hula bowl. I also went to McKenzie Milton's last game at the bounce house for that hula bowl. I'd recommend going to those games. Kinda of fun to be in the stadium and have the run of the place. The football is entertaining enough.

My guess is that he won't make the Steelers 53 man roster but will get a look at Canadian or whatever other football leagues are. But, who knows. I hope he makes the NFL. Or maybe follows McKenzie's route into coaching. Time will tell.

He just signed a 4 year contract with $20 Mil guaranteed and value up to $95 Mil if they have to play him as QB, doubt he is concerned about an undrafted player making $35k. Taysom Hill will take I am not a QB to the bank all day.

If JRP has a career equivalent to Hill he’d be happy.

By reading the headline you'd think he was taking shots at Hill and declaring himself as a real quarterback.

Anything to separate himself from the other jobbers on the practice team.

Steelers Depot
John Rhys Plumlee: 'Pittsburgh Believed In Me As A Quarterback, And That's Why I'm Here'
2 days ago

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT