ADVERTISEMENT

STFU Marc Daniels

Beachnaut

Four-Star Recruit
Dec 5, 2021
Used to really like his show, especially with Jerry Greene. Now it’s a lot of political rants and self absorbed personal stories…. still like his history lesson but that’s about it at this point.

Reactions: Yaes
Used to really like his show, especially with Jerry Greene. Now it’s a lot of political rants and self absorbed personal stories…. still like his history lesson but that’s about it at this point.
I think his stature in the community has grown over the years as the profile of UCF has grown.

With this growth comes the ego. Match the growing ego (which he has mentioned many times on his show) with the platform and all of a sudden the need to share personal/political opinions as a service to the community, gets sprinkled in.

It happens all the time. Athletes, actors, musicians, etc... once they become famous and have a platform, they feel the need to interject and share their political views... Just because you are good at playing basketball,filthy rich and famous, doesn't mean we need to hear your political views.

I don't live in Orlando either. When I did live there I listened to him. I find him to be a great voice of UCF. He has been with us since the mid 90s.

Now with that said, I enjoy sports because of two things. One, it's unscripted and that is pretty cool to see life play out. It traditionally has been apolitical. I don't mind talking politics from time to time but in sports I don't want it there. I enjoy being free from it as more and more everything is political. I just want to turn it off , it meaning politics. I just want to enjoy the game for what it is without outside noise ,especially politics. It would be wise for Mark to remain neutral or apolitical.

I liked the old PA stadium announcer , Eric. I dont recall his last name. He was fired because he supported Trump. If Mark goes political will he be fired? Or, will he keep his job because those around him agree with his politics? It seems a risky move to talk politics.

If I lived there and listened to him daily I would actually reach out with an email or something to lend him my observations. Keep politics out of sports. That's just me.

Eric got fired for supporting Trump?

First of all, I'd like to see evidence of that as I thought he was fired for being a drunk. I don't know. Maybe I'm mixing up UCF personalities. Stetson let go of their PA due to too much of the sauce.

What'd like to add is that having listening to MD over a span of 25 years, it's undeniable that his style has changed, to the point that yes, he has become a bit of a...I dunno....a robotically-sounding, folksy (trying too hard) all american, all while in this self-ingratiating tone.

Newer fans will disagree because they know no better.

Older fans will recognize that while we ARE very lucky to have him, he should recognize he isn't bullet-proof...and fans should have the right to voice this very same opinion.

No real UCFans wouldn't publically criticize a UCF legend like Marc Daniels. He and his UCFamily is at all UCF events. I question if those who are criticizing have ever even been to a UCF event. Shirely if they had they had met Marc's UCFamily.

We have a problem with this board. The Noobs act like our UCFamily aren't real people. They need to go to practices and have meals with the UCFamily. Then and only then will their posting get out of the dog sh*t category.

#UCFacts

:cool:

I bet you would say this too if you were living under Putin's Russian rule too, you sheep.

I have a well documented history of critizing those who deserve it. Brent Key #1. Everyone knows this.

But unlike you, I got this knowledge from going to practices and having meals with the coaches.

Your problem is you never seek to understand. You start out with crazy conclusions and accusations.

#UCFacts

I have a well documented history of critizing those who deserve it. Brent Key #1. Everyone knows this.

But unlike you, I got this knowledge from going to practices and having meals with the coaches.

Your problem is you never seek to understand. You start out with crazy conclusions and accusations.

#UCFacts

Respectfully, you're starting to sound a bit like a pompous ass. You don't need to go to practices nor have lunch with the coaches to have an opinion on whether the "voice" of the UCF Knights should stick to his job and not preach political positions. He is certainly entitled to his opinions, however, his job has nothing to do with his political views, and expressing them could alienate half of the UCFamily. This is my opinion as a UCF alumnus, season tickets holder (for years) and UCF donor.
BTW, I enjoy Marc's show and broadcasting.

Respectfully, you're starting to sound a bit like a pompous ass. You don't need to go to practices nor have lunch with the coaches to have an opinion on whether the "voice" of the UCF Knights should stick to his job and not preach political positions. He is certainly entitled to his opinions, however, his job has nothing to do with his political views, and expressing them could alienate half of the UCFamily. This is my opinion as a UCF alumnus, season tickets holder (for years) and UCF donor.

You're a great UCFan, and poster, Nesta. I agree with 99% of your post.

#UCFacts

Too often these guys are paid and actually do a good job of announcing, but go outside their lane when they’re really not qualified to even talk about that stuff because it’s all opinion oriented. He can give us opinions in respect to sports because that’s what he is paid to do in respect politics he should just keep his mouth quiet while doing his paid gig. Go home over the kitchen table and discuss the political stuff. The problem with sports right now and entertainment is that people talk way too much politics and suck out the joy out of sports n entertainment. Mark Daniels is qualified to talk about politics during his gig as much as the guy who sweeps the floor.

Marc Daniels, when he gets into politics can hurt the Ucf brand. There are people, half of the nation, that would disagree with him n ultimately take action as to their donations and promotion of the program. it’s extremely selfish on his part and he should have some self control.

I personally could care less about politics and think most if not, all politicians are corrupt on both sides.

ok saying he can hurt the UCF brand is a little much lol. UCF’s brand and other State Universities are hurt more by people w real power.

ok saying he can hurt the UCF brand is a little much lol. UCF’s brand and other State Universities are hurt more by people w real power.
You do not think that there are donors out there, in this climate, that would negate donating money based upon a representatives opinion, one way or another?

If one dollar is negated due to his political opinion, it’s one dollar too much. It’s a self-inflicted wound that is just selfish. Marc Daniels is not that important to be putting himself in that position where he is not well-founded in.

Again, I have no political opinion one way or another, but I’ve been exposed to people who take this stuff way too serious and base their opinions financially on it.

You do not think that there are donors out there, in this climate, that would negate donating money based upon a representatives opinion, one way or another?

If one dollar is negated due to his political opinion, it’s one dollar too much. It’s a self-inflicted wound that is just selfish. Marc Daniels is not that important to be putting himself in that position where he is not well-founded in.

Again, I have no political opinion one way or another, but I’ve been exposed to people who take this stuff way too serious and base their opinions financially on it.
I am sure a few got mad at stickers put on our helmets a few years ago but good for Heupel and Danny White to not care.

I am sure a few got mad at stickers put on our helmets a few years ago but good for Heupel and Danny White to not care.
Some issues should be above partisanship, and I think that the stickers fall into the category. I agree with you on that.

Interesting flashback that Christopher “ Mad Dog” Russo back in the 80s used to run a show on WKIS in Orlando. He was just as crazy back then as he is now, but he stuck to sports Although I disagreed with some things ( a lot of NYC stuff ) he did support UCF Athletics, which barely anybody did it at that time. Was a very cordial man with UCF athletes

Reactions: Robert0122
Starting too?!

Reactions: connerito
Interesting flashback that Christopher “ Mad Dog” Russo back in the 80s used to run a show on WKIS in Orlando. He was just as crazy back then as he is now, but he stuck to sports Although I disagreed with some things ( a lot of NYC stuff ) he did support UCF Athletics, which barely anybody did it at that time. Was a very cordial man with UCF athletes
In ‘97 people were talking about him at UCF but I think he had moved to NY radio by then. I never heard him myself until many years later.

Reactions: connerito
In ‘97 people were talking about him at UCF but I think he had moved to NY radio by then. I never heard him myself until many years later.
He was there at least in 84 as he came by the old education building gym and I used to listen to him on the radio (was back in the old am/fm days) He was a nice guy with a ton of energy. Coming from the northeast I was used to his kind lol

No real UCFans wouldn't publically criticize a UCF legend like Marc Daniels. He and his UCFamily is at all UCF events. I question if those who are criticizing have ever even been to a UCF event. Shirely if they had they had met Marc's UCFamily.

We have a problem with this board. The Noobs act like our UCFamily aren't real people. They need to go to practices and have meals with the UCFamily. Then and only then will their posting get out of the dog sh*t category.

#UCFacts

Exactly!

Reactions: UCFhonors

#UCFacts

President Hitt is the only UCF untouchable imo

Reactions: UCFhonors
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT