ADVERTISEMENT

STFU Marc Daniels

Eric got fired for supporting Trump?

First of all, I'd like to see evidence of that as I thought he was fired for being a drunk. I don't know. Maybe I'm mixing up UCF personalities. Stetson let go of their PA due to too much of the sauce.

What'd like to add is that having listening to MD over a span of 25 years, it's undeniable that his style has changed, to the point that yes, he has become a bit of a...I dunno....a robotically-sounding, folksy (trying too hard) all american, all while in this self-ingratiating tone.

Newer fans will disagree because they know no better.

Older fans will recognize that while we ARE very lucky to have him, he should recognize he isn't bullet-proof...and fans should have the right to voice this very same opinion.
This^^^^^^

The reason I posted this is because while I am not a big poster I have been a season ticket holder for 18 years after I graduated in 2005 and truly enjoyed Marc and his broadcasts. I actually was a bartender when he visited Fiddlers Green for the World Cup in 2014 and he was nice although an awkward dude.

That said, he needs a reality check about his importance in the grand scheme of things. Dude is super condescending and is somewhat of a know it all. Glad I caught the attention of everyone and hopes somebody who knows him can tell him to stop blabbing about politics and his self proclaimed genius solutions to everything he encounters.
Mike Bianci is a moron who aids his delusion of grandeur.

Honors acts like he’s the only UCF fan whose voice matters. I can and will criticize whoever I want… Daniels included. Nobody is untouchable which is what keeps egos in check.
Believe me there is no coach who is going to honestly open up to a fan entirely. They just soothe the fans ego with things they think the fan wants to hear and go about their business of building the team And unfortunately that is the way a good coach should opine to a fan The relationship between a fan, no matter how many dinings they have with them, is n should be extremely guarded.

I agree with u nobody is untouchable especially a media guy !!

Last edited:
Interesting flashback that Christopher “ Mad Dog” Russo back in the 80s used to run a show on WKIS in Orlando. He was just as crazy back then as he is now, but he stuck to sports Although I disagreed with some things ( a lot of NYC stuff ) he did support UCF Athletics, which barely anybody did it at that time. Was a very cordial man with UCF athletes
I listened to Marc’s show before he became the voice of UCF. He never talked UCF football or any UCF sport. Never supported us and frankly, seemed to look down on the program.

His tune toward UCF only changed once UCF put him on the payroll. If not for that, he’d still be acting like a P5 elitist. I find him intelligent and an average announcer. Glad he promotes UCF now…but again it’s only because it’s self serving.

Having said that, I don’t want to listen to his or anyone’s politics when I’m expecting sports commentary.

Last edited:
It's funny how this board's opinion of Daniels has seemingly changed over the past year. A year ago the majority of the board thought he was the best collegiate announcer out there and we were so extremely blessed to have had him grace our program.

Reactions: LoboCane
It's funny how this board's opinion of Daniels has seemingly changed over the past year. A year ago the majority of the board thought he was the best collegiate announcer out there and we were so extremely blessed to have had him grace our program.
Don’t think that’s true at all. Most people would agree that he is very good at his job and very pro UCF.

I listen to him on most days as he brings a different level of radio show. He’s not interested in the bogus controversy like the talking-head shows of ESPN or Bianchi like (creating a crazy headline just to rile people up).

My only beef with him is on two items and by reading this, many people agree.
1. When he gets political, he loses my interest. I listen to sports radio for sports talk.
2. When he rips fan bases because he reads a forum like this and then generalizes all fans by what 2-3 people wrote on a forum or tweet.

Political or condescending loses me 100% of the time.

The reason I posted this is because while I am not a big poster I have been a season ticket holder for 18 years after I graduated in 2005 and truly enjoyed Marc and his broadcasts. I actually was a bartender when he visited Fiddlers Green for the World Cup in 2014 and he was nice although an awkward dude.

That said, he needs a reality check about his importance in the grand scheme of things. Dude is super condescending and is somewhat of a know it all. Glad I caught the attention of everyone and hopes somebody who knows him can tell him to stop blabbing about politics and his self proclaimed genius solutions to everything he encounters.
Mike Bianci is a moron who aids his delusion of grandeur.

This is a solid, balanced opinion post. You should post more often.

One of the things I have learned from having meals with UCF Athletic Dept personnel is no regular UCFan has put as much thought and energy into UCF athletics as a UCFull-time employee. Sure there are anomolies like @Knight_Light a few others who are on another level of UCFan support. But just like at work, someone who does something professional has spent way more time and energy than a hobbiest.

I don't take that as condescending. I very much appreciate Marc and Co blunt candor. Give me brutal honesty over UCFairy-tales, any day.

I bring the same energy to my posts.

I only deal with UCFacts. Not UCFeelings.

#UCFacts

:cool:

Last edited:
Don’t think that’s true at all. Most people would agree that he is very good at his job and very pro UCF.

I listen to him on most days as he brings a different level of radio show. He’s not interested in the bogus controversy like the talking-head shows of ESPN or Bianchi like (creating a crazy headline just to rile people up).

My only beef with him is on two items and by reading this, many people agree.
1. When he gets political, he loses my interest. I listen to sports radio for sports talk.
2. When he rips fan bases because he reads a forum like this and then generalizes all fans by what 2-3 people wrote on a forum or tweet.

Political or condescending loses me 100% of the time.

UCFair points. I agree with you.

#UCFacts

This is a solid, balanced opinion post. You should post more often.

One of the things I have learned from having meals with UCF Athletic Dept personnel is no regular UCFan has put as much thought and energy into UCF athletics as a UCFull-time employee. Sure there are anomolies like @Knight_Light a few others who are on another level of UCFan support. But just like at work, someone who does something professional has spent way more time and energy than a hobbiest.

I don't take that as condescending. I very much appreciate Marc and Co blunt candor. Give me brutal honest over UCFairy-tales, any day.

I bring the same energy to my posts.

#UCFacts

I agree with you one whose job is to do a certain activity probably knows more than those who are not employed to do that. I think the core of the initial post was MD is employed as a sports announcer, not a political analyst. We wouldn’t ask the guy who cleans the floors about sports as much as we wouldn’t ask Marc about politics (and we really don’t want to know what his politics are).

It’s just a selfish act on his behalf to go outside of his lane to speak his opinion for what he is not employed to do, on others. Perhaps his ego leads him to believe he is at a higher level than he is or he just doesn’t have any self-control. JMO

Reactions: UCFhonors
Fiddlers Green is the best, a top Irish bar. If any of you haven’t ever gone for whatever reason, give it a try it won’t disappoint.
Not even close...as no one there knows how to pour a Guinness.

The Castle in College Park is the REAL neighborgood Irish Bar.

• Haha
Not even close...as no one there knows how to pour a Guinness.

The Castle in College Park is the REAL neighborgood Irish Bar.
Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to pour a proper… it’s more about either laziness or impatience because 100 douche Rollins kids walked in at the same time. Go on a Sunday early afternoon and ask for Rob; he will sort you out

Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to pour a proper… it’s more about either laziness or impatience because 100 douche Rollins kids walked in at the same time. Go on a Sunday early afternoon and ask for Rob; he will sort you out
That's 100 good reasons to avoid Fiddler's.

Good to know someone there might know how to pour a proper Guinness. Tks.

Some issues should be above partisanship, and I think that the stickers fall into the category. I agree with you on that.
Are a majority of the people who promoted those letters Burn/Loot/Murder now facing felony fraud charges after they all bought fancy homes in mostly white neighborhoods? Lets not be fooled again by this

Reactions: connerito
Are a majority of the people who promoted those letters Burn/Loot/Murder now facing felony fraud charges after they all bought fancy homes in mostly white neighborhoods? Lets not be fooled again by this
Are you talking about people involved in the Jan 6 mob? Obviously, not as you mentioned “bought fancy homes”. Jan 6 rioters live in broken down muddy trailers.

• Haha
Reactions: Poolside Knight
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT