ADVERTISEMENT

Stock market up almost 1300 points today

Crazyhole

Todd's Tiki Bar
Jun 4, 2004
I havent checked VIX but this has to be the most volatile market in a generation. Have to wonder if it is a response to the DNC trying to consolidate support around a single candidate because it doesnt look like coronavirus news was any better today.

Advise: don’t buy. Don’t sell. People who make moves in this insane of a market get killed.

Down a staggering 1000 points in one day and up a mind-boggling 1300 in another single day within 7 days of each other tells you all you need to know.

Down a staggering 1000 points in one day and up a mind-boggling 1300 in another single day within 7 days of each other tells you all you need to know.
The question is why. Coronavirus? Nothing has changed. Democrat primary? Still up in the air. Speculation about the fed dropping interest rates? Maybe, but premature.

Something seems fishy about this and I have a feeling that overnight markets are going to tell the story. 18 hours from super Tuesday............

Reactions: UCFWayne
The question is why. Coronavirus? Nothing has changed. Democrat primary? Still up in the air. Speculation about the fed dropping interest rates? Maybe, but premature.

Something seems fishy about this and I have a feeling that overnight markets are going to tell the story. 18 hours from super Tuesday............
Not that I believe anything out of China but if their cases are down then it shows a trend. Either way, it all levels out.

Fed signaled rate drop in March to stimulate. It's short sighted. The Fed can't fix this.

Fed signaled rate drop in March to stimulate. It's short sighted. The Fed can't fix this.
I thought that was weird from the beginning. No market indicators showed a need for lower interest rates, so what's the deal? They are worried about something in the near future.

I thought that was weird from the beginning. No market indicators showed a need for lower interest rates, so what's the deal? They are worried about something in the near future.
Yeah the impact the virus will have on supply chain. But it's not something that can be fixed easily. IMO. I'm just gonna sit in cash. People bought back in today because they were greedy. When we have a really bad day for the virus it'll kick back in

Yeah the impact the virus will have on supply chain. But it's not something that can be fixed easily. IMO. I'm just gonna sit in cash. People bought back in today because they were greedy. When we have a really bad day for the virus it'll kick back in

You don’t know what the difference is between a private and public entity. Please don’t act like you have a clue about investing.

So what changed today? It doesnt seem like by what's being reported that the virus is slowing down or the fear of it has subsided. Last week made sense, today doesn't at all.

So what changed today? It doesnt seem like by what's being reported that the virus is slowing down or the fear of it has subsided. Last week made sense, today doesn't at all.
Greed.

Buy the dip. Fed gonna lower rates and stimulate.

The thing is, it's misguided. The virus ain't going anywhere we have 6 deaths in Washington. When we get widespread infections in a few weeks it's going to get hit again

You don’t know what the difference is between a private and public entity. Please don’t act like you have a clue about investing.
My favorite part of this is that you don't understand that a religious based co-op isn't a typical private insurance company even if they operate in the private sector. Sometimes I make assumptions that the people I'm interacting with have a certain level of base knowledge and that I don't have to explain obvious intent in my posts. I'll just assume you need everything spelled out as simple as possible.

My favorite part of this is that you don't understand that a religious based co-op isn't a typical private insurance company even if they operate in the private sector. Sometimes I make assumptions that the people I'm interacting with have a certain level of base knowledge and that I don't have to explain obvious intent in my posts. I'll just assume you need everything spelled out as simple as possible.
Does my use of GoodRX bother you as much as my use of CHM? I saved 85 bucks on saturday for a prescription. Isnt the financial goal for everyone to come out ahead?

Does my use of GoodRX bother you as much as my use of CHM? I saved 85 bucks on saturday for a prescription. Isnt the financial goal for everyone to come out ahead?
Yeah it does. Goodrx gives you better deals for free with no relationship than your insurance can do and you pay them for it. I am fundamentally opposed to GoodRx

Trump had better given my money back or there were gonna be probs.

Just a reminder that no one actually made or lost anything in the past week, unless you actually bought or sold stock (which would have been dumb). This was all just swings in unrealized gains or losses.

Important to remember when the lefties tell you how sensible Warren's braindead "wealth tax" is.

Fed did an emergency rate cut of half a percent.

Not sure if that's good or bad news.

It has to have something to do with the debt market. This just doesnt make sense based on what we know as of today.
They cited coronavirus. I mean obviously this isn't going to fix supply chain but maybe it offsets damage a little. Honestly it's a head scratcher and I think it adds to public nervousness that they do an off schedule rate drop of half a percent.

Reactions: Crazyhole
They cited coronavirus. I mean obviously this isn't going to fix supply chain but maybe it offsets damage a little. Honestly it's a head scratcher and I think it adds to public nervousness that they do an off schedule rate drop of half a percent.
I dont see how this can possibly address a supply issue from China. The problem isnt whether money is available, it's the shortage of workforce. There has to be a more fundamental issue in the market that they see regarding M2 that they want to head off.

Just a reminder that no one actually made or lost anything in the past week, unless you actually bought or sold stock (which would have been dumb). This was all just swings in unrealized gains or losses.

Important to remember when the lefties tell you how sensible Warren's braindead "wealth tax" is.
Umm. I actually agree with you about unrealized gains but I'm super confused because you are the first one on here with your dick hard when the market is up.

As for not selling, it's actually pretty smart to move your 401k into safer investments if you are nervous about the market. It can always be moved back and you might miss out on some growth but you if you're expecting the virus and/or investor confidence to hurt the market long term then there's no problem moving to a low risk option.

I wonder if there has been a slowdown on repatriation of dollars that led to this.

Holy cow the market is going nuts over Joe Biden's wins last night!

Holy cow the market is going nuts over Joe Biden's wins last night!

It's incredible that in 2020, it's worth celebrating to have a Democratic candidate who actually believes in capitalism to pull ahead in the race.

Looks to me like the market was responding to the likelihood of a bernie win more than anything.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT