ADVERTISEMENT

Strength of Schedule

CFKnight

Silver Knight
Aug 5, 2009
UCF Opponents are a combined 3-10 after Week 1.

SC State 0-1
Louisville 0-1
FAU 1-1
Georgia Tech 0-1
SMU 1-0
Temple 0-1
ECU 0-1
Cincy 0-1
Memphis 0-1
Tulane 1-0
Navy 0-1
USF 0-1

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight Strength
UCF Opponents are a combined 3-9 after Week 1.

SC State 0-1
Louisville 0-1
FAU 1-1
Georgia Tech 0-0
SMU 1-0
Temple 0-1
ECU 0-1
Cincy 0-1
Memphis 0-1
Tulane 1-0
Navy 0-1
USF 0-1
Strength of schedule doesn’t matter. We didn’t start the season ranked in the top 10. Winning games matters. At least playing for hardware matters. We need to get back to at least playing for hardware. We’ve gone three seasons without getting there. If we want to get back to being great, it all starts by collecting conference hardware.

Yup, goal is always Conference Champs, whatever happens beyond that, will happen.

It's also still very early. I think FAU has the potential to be in the mix for their championship. Cincy will bounce back. I think AAC is fairly solid at the moment with us, UC, SMU, UH and ECU. Either way we need to handle our business and let the chips fall where they may. If there's one thing Heupel brought that I liked, it's the 1-0 mentality. It truly is all you can control.

If we go undefeated and in the next 2 weeks we will have a better perspective if this is doable, this team will have completed a harder schedule than the 2017 team. We had help from the hurricanes (not UM) that year.

To me that's what matters the most is to keep on getting better. It seems like the teams we play in the AAC this year are improved and the Big12 will be improved competition next year.

Louisville will bounce back and be a tough game. I hope a weather delay doesn't mess with the crowd advantage. GT looked pretty tough on defense against Clemson. CIncy, SMU, ECU, Memphis, and USF (they played us tough last year and should have beat us) will be tough conference games. Cincy, SMU, and ECU all played well this week. Cincy and ECU ( ECU should have won) played well against ranked opponents. We just need to go out and win theses games. Despite a perceived weak strength of schedule, there are some tough games coming up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT