ADVERTISEMENT

Study: strongest climate change believers do least personally to fix it

UCFKnight85

GOL's Inner Circle
Gold Member
May 6, 2003
All I can say is lulz. The study found that climate skeptics actually engage in day to day, individual behavior, that is the most friendly to the environment, while the biggest “believers” and alarmists actually do the least on a personal level to address the causes of climate change.

In other words, liberal hypocrites

They believe that by saying what they think the government should do, it let’s them off the hook to do anything personally about it.

https://psmag.com/environment/mission-compostable

Of course we’ve seen this before. Lefties claim to support the poor yet studies have also shown that they give less personally to charities because they feel demanding the government raise taxes is good enough

Oh they also found that the hypocrites featured in this study also engage in “moral licensing” as a way to lie to themselves about what they’re doing for their cause.

Spending more for organic foods? Bingo. I’ve done my duty!

I haven't read the article, so I can't opine on the subject; but, FTR, believing in human-contributed climate change does not make one a liberal.

I haven't read the article, so I can't opine on the subject; but, FTR, believing in human-contributed climate change does not make one a liberal.

No, but those in the camp of “hysterically concerned” tend to fall into the left wing camp. Largely because it also falls along the anti-capitalism linesZ

And those people personally do the least to make a difference on a daily basis.

No, but those in the camp of “hysterically concerned” tend to fall into the left wing camp. Largely because it also falls along the anti-capitalism linesZ

And those people personally do the least to make a difference on a daily basis.

You are literally insane.

Where was the study done? How did they select the participants?

It is rather curious. I can be the best steward of the environment out there, but if I don't pledge allegiance to the religion of climate change I am accused of destroying the planet.

over 90% of all the plastic floating in the ocean comes from 8 rivers in asia and 2 in africa. but some how people believe that america is the largest polluter on the planet.

over 90% of all the plastic floating in the ocean comes from 8 rivers in asia and 2 in africa. but some how people believe that america is the largest polluter on the planet.

Heck, I reuse my plastic bottles over and over again...can't tell the taste difference with filtered home tap water.

While 95% of our neighborhood uses their giant recycle bins, I always felt those that did should get a small discount from their city bill, which might encourage the final 5% to don't the same.

Oh, and bring back the cigarette butt trays in cars...as it's disgusting to see than just chuck them out the window or drop on ground at a red light.

Heck, I reuse my plastic bottles over and over again...can't tell the taste difference with filtered home tap water.

While 95% of our neighborhood uses their giant recycle bins, I always felt those that did should get a small discount from their city bill, which might encourage the final 5% to don't the same.

Oh, and bring back the cigarette butt trays in cars...as it's disgusting to see than just chuck them out the window or drop on ground at a red light.

Be aware that some kinds of plastic bottle shouldn't be reused. The plastic breaks down quickly and is a known carcinogen.

27AD946600000578-3044142-image-a-24_1429301974046.jpg

Recycling, using public transportation, buying green products and buying reusable bags. Did they check for reasons to say "No" to any of the questions?
recycling:no excuse here
use public transportation: may live near work/school or telecommute or whatever millennials do. They may carpool, have an electric car or just use a bicycle.
buy green products: I don't know what this means but if it is organic products, environmentalists love to buy that stuff.
reusable bags: they probably buy their stuff from Amazon and it is delivered in huge cardboard boxes.

BTW, the post above was tongue-in-cheek. I know most people tend to compensate or do their small part (climate change skeptics) while others run their mouth and don't actually help (climate change believers).

Last edited:
I have no idea who the people in that photo are. But, out of curiosity, is flying private point-to-point more or less efficient than taking commercial with one or more stops in between? Asking because I don't really know. I assume distance will have some impact on the answer, right?

I have no idea who the people in that photo are. But, out of curiosity, is flying private point-to-point more or less efficient than taking commercial with one or more stops in between? Asking because I don't really know. I assume distance will have some impact on the answer, right?

I'd say splitting the emissions between hundreds of people compared to a handful makes a difference. Carpooling?

It's Leo DiCaprio and his fellow activists have criticized him for his gross double standard. He preaches about the dangers of climate change to peons in middle America, but then takes trips overseas on private jets, rents diesel burning yachts for his parties (one of which was rented from a UAE billionaire who bought the boat with oil money), and has multiple massive homes that consume huge amounts of energy.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rrapie...t-is-much-higher-than-he-thinks/#5d01daba2bd5

If you look at the carbon per capita of private vs commercial, I can't see how private is "greener" unless it's a biofuels plane or something. A plane is going to emit carbon regardless. The question is, does that get split over 3 people or 130?

Reactions: UCFWayne
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT