ADVERTISEMENT

Subway shooting 🔫 will quickly disappear in the news

KNIGHTTIME^

Golden Knight
Nov 27, 2005
Homeless Democrat that was bat crazy and blamed the mayor for his mental illness.

BTW...is anyone taking them up on a Florida exit to New York over "don't say gay"? I mean commie restrictions that lasted over 2 years sounds kind of appealing vs being free down in Florida. Tough call

Last edited:
It has been all over the news, this is such a disingenuous take that you are just trumpetting from Jesse Watters and Fox news.

That was yesterday before it was known he was a mentally ill homeless Democrat that blamed the mayor for his problems. He will get free housing now unless they do the no cash bail thing.

Eric Adams was literally on the Today show this morning being interviewed on it, so no, it wasnt just yesterday. As I type this it is the top story on CNN.com, Nytimes.com, ABC news, on the front page of MSNBC, and cbs news. etc etc. Or in other words, no one is covering it I guess.

Complains things aren’t in the news.
Knows about things because they are in the news.

DAZg.gif

• Haha
Reactions: KnighttimeJoe
I said it will quickly disappear from the news unless they can set a different narrative which probably already started. Not it was never in the news. Keep up
I already caught up. Saw it on the news. Now I’m caught up. How long does it need to “stay in the news” for you chuds to get caught up?

I heard about that January 2021 "insurrection" for over a year now. How long did the Kavanaugh insurrection last?
Maybe you should switch your news sources. Oh wait. You have. They are the ones who told you to get made at the news.

You jumped the gun @KNIGHTTIME^. This is still news because they haven’t caught the mass shooter yet. They’ll decide how much to push the event once they catch the man. If it’s a white man, we’ll hear about white supremacy, nazi-ism, evil Trumpian nationalism, etc. for weeks. If it’s any other race, we might get a bit of gun control but that’s about it.

Look at the stories from last year: the Capitol attacker, the synagogue hostage-taker in Texas, and the Boulder mass shooting. All of those disappeared fairly quickly on the national news opinion channels. How about the Sacramento shooting. Police have picked up a third suspect recently, the primary suspect got out of jail extremely early, there’s a domestic violence aspect, and strawman purchases. IOW, a lot of meat to talk about if the national outlets wanted to. Some of the local channels are exploring this but it’s been absent as a national story.

You jumped the gun @KNIGHTTIME^. This is still news because they haven’t caught the mass shooter yet. They’ll decide how much to push the event once they catch the man. If it’s a white man, we’ll hear about white supremacy, nazi-ism, evil Trumpian nationalism, etc. for weeks. If it’s any other race, we might get a bit of gun control but that’s about it.

Look at the stories from last year: the Capitol attacker, the synagogue hostage-taker in Texas, and the Boulder mass shooting. All of those disappeared fairly quickly on the national news opinion channels. How about the Sacramento shooting. Police have picked up a third suspect recently, the primary suspect got out of jail extremely early, there’s a domestic violence aspect, and strawman purchases. IOW, a lot of meat to talk about if the national outlets wanted to. Some of the local channels are exploring this but it’s been absent as a national story.

So how long should it be on the news? I mean, they appear to have identified the guy, so if/when they find him I assume that will obviously be covered, and then the trial will probably get some coverage (although this seems pretty open and shut, so probably not too much). So what is the amount of time this story should get?

So how long should it be on the news? I mean, they appear to have identified the guy, so if/when they find him I assume that will obviously be covered, and then the trial will probably get some coverage (although this seems pretty open and shut, so probably not too much). So what is the amount of time this story should get?
He’s in custody now. It’s literally on the front page of every major news site. This chud of an OP is dying on a weird hill with this one.

He’s in custody now. It’s literally on the front page of every major news site. This chud of an OP is dying on a weird hill with this one.

I just saw that. Of course now if this isnt talked about everyday for the next 6 months or something they will act like the media ignored it. That is why I am trying to ask how long they think it needs to be covered.

I mentioned a number of angles to the story that should be covered the same way that we had national discourses for weeks and weeks on Dylan Roof and Charlottesville, etc. and maybe for the sake of equity use this to stereotype everyone of similar background. How long does that take, who knows. But acting like the media doesn’t push narratives over others is pure gaslighting.

Much the same as when pretty white girls go missing and we hear about it for months but they never cover the black girl or Latin girl that is abducted. It’s not fair coverage there either.

I mentioned a number of angles to the story that should be covered the same way that we had national discourses for weeks and weeks on Dylan Roof and Charlottesville, etc. and maybe for the sake of equity use this to stereotype everyone of similar background. How long does that take, who knows. But acting like the media doesn’t push narratives over others is pure gaslighting.

Much the same as when pretty white girls go missing and we hear about it for months but they never cover the black girl or Latin girl that is abducted. It’s not fair coverage there either.

You are right about how they pick and choose who to cover with regards to missing persons, I will grant you that. But at the same time, as long as the person is still missing, or they are still looking for the culprit, then it still has some news value. But with regards to these types of stories (or all stories really), there gets to a point where there is nothing new to talk about, so just regurgitating the same thing over and over isnt really news. I expect this to get coverage for a few more days, but unless more stuff comes to light I am not sure why we should expect the news to just keep talking about it, especially when there is a major war going on, the economy, we have mid terms coming up etc etc. If you want the news to just talk about the same thing over and over for weeks or months, then you are going to have to be ok with the news ignoring, or at least not giving as much coverage, to other stories that probably deserve coverage as well.

The media will cover what gets views. If in 2022 you are complaining that there is not a media outlet dispensing you information consistent with your existing worldview then you are either

a) technologically inept
b) willfully ignorant
c) playing the victim like your preferred media outlet told you to.

So, facts on the weapon and magazines so far ...
  • Glock 17 is a solid, duty-weight/length (4.5" barrel length), 9mm pistol
  • Glock 17 standard capacity is 17 cartridges of 9mm
  • 3 Glock 'compatible' magazines, but of what capacity? Unknown
  • 33 shots fired, at least, but how many magazine changes? Unknown
No information on how full different magazines were after the shooting. I have a feeling this guy really got stupid with the Glock 'compatible' magazine capacity, and didn't want to stick around to unjam them.

The Aurora shooter was equallty as stupid, failing to pick and test a reliable AR 'compatible' magazine.

Although of the 6 theaters around him, he didn't pick the closest and he definitely didn't pick the most popular. He only picked the one that didn't allow firearms.

On the other hand, the Parkland HS (Florida) school shooter only used 10 cartridge magazines, and swept through 10 different rooms over 12 times (2 of them twice), within 3 minutes. He was just 'showing off' that he didn't need even a standard capacility magazine.

BTW...is anyone taking them up on a Florida exit to New York over "don't say gay"? I mean commie restrictions that lasted over 2 years sounds kind of appealing vs being free down in Florida. Tough call

"We've codified the government, school administrators, child services and third party groups will trump individual adult and child rights what to do, say and think" -- State of New York

"We've codified the individual adult and their child's rights shall always trump what the state, school adminsitrators, child services and third party groups do, say and think" -- State of Florida

The media will cover what gets views. If in 2022 you are complaining that there is not a media outlet dispensing you information consistent with your existing worldview then you are either

a) technologically inept
b) willfully ignorant
c) playing the victim like your preferred media outlet told you to.
This is like saying that there is some vendor out there that will serve your special protected class so it doesn’t matter that the overwhelming majority of them won’t. So don’t comment on it or you’re just playing the victim.

It is plain gaslighting trying to sell that major newspaper companies are not out there trying to steer events rather than just cover them. Look at the admissions of Bezos’s directive wrt to Donald Trump and the hundreds of others that have come out. Corporations in 2022 are more than no -opinionated money makers. They now have strong voices in political and cultural affairs.

• Love
Reactions: UCFBS
This is like saying that there is some vendor out there that will serve your special protected class so it doesn’t matter that the overwhelming majority of them won’t. So don’t comment on it or you’re just playing the victim.

It is plain gaslighting trying to sell that major newspaper companies are not out there trying to steer events rather than just cover them. Look at the admissions of Bezos’s directive wrt to Donald Trump and the hundreds of others that have come out. Corporations in 2022 are more than no -opinionated money makers. They now have strong voices in political and cultural affairs.
You guys are lamenting a story that is front page news in every media outlet. Maybe you should focus your energy on more important things. Media is for profit and caters to their audience who’s clicks pay the bills. For this reason diversity in media coverage in totality is approximately proportionate to the diversity of the populace whom they are attempting to extract views/clicks from. So you can complain that Fox News is one station whereas MSNBC and CNN are 2 but in reality the one station has a much higher viewership than the others. So who cares? If there was a legitimate gap in media coverage then there would be outlets clamoring to fill it. Why do you think newsmax and OANN started to thrive in the post trump alternative fact world? Because there were a bunch or people who loved and followed Trump the celebrity but were new to politics and these channels catered to those people. It’s called capitalism.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT