ADVERTISEMENT

Supreme Court rules school district cannot prohibit high school football coach's prayers on field

From the linked article:
The Supreme Court said Monday that a Washington state school district violated the First Amendment rights of a high school football coach when he lost his job after praying at the 50-yard line after games.
The opinion was 6-3 along conservative-liberal ideological lines.
The Constitution and the best of our traditions counsel mutual respect and tolerance, not censorship and suppression, for religious and nonreligious views alike,” Justice Neil Gorsuch wrote in the majority opinion.

I'm curious if Justice Gorsuch would be so tolerant if the case involved a Muslim football coach praying on the 50-yard line or a devotee of Hare Krishna who liked to dance around chanting mantras after the game?

The funny thing about the Trump Court's theocratic turn to Christian fundamentalism is that I'm pretty sure this 'mutual respect' and 'tolerance' business is supposed to apply to everybody.

Reactions: georgiaknight
From the linked article:
The Supreme Court said Monday that a Washington state school district violated the First Amendment rights of a high school football coach when he lost his job after praying at the 50-yard line after games.
The opinion was 6-3 along conservative-liberal ideological lines.
The Constitution and the best of our traditions counsel mutual respect and tolerance, not censorship and suppression, for religious and nonreligious views alike,” Justice Neil Gorsuch wrote in the majority opinion.

I'm curious if Justice Gorsuch would be so tolerant if the case involved a Muslim football coach praying on the 50-yard line or a devotee of Hare Krishna who liked to dance around chanting mantras after the game?

The funny thing about the Trump Court's theocratic turn to Christian fundamentalism is that I'm pretty sure this 'mutual respect' and 'tolerance' business is supposed to apply to everybody.
Is it your opinion that he’s being a hypocrite and this case would have a different outcome if the coach weren’t Christian?

Lol fūcking insane, replace this dude with a Muslim reciting the qaran and see what happens.

We are living in an American Taliban right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT