ADVERTISEMENT

Surge prices kick in for the final 2 UCF Regular Season Home Games

I understand it. But don't really like it TBH. But as long as it helps the athletics program I can live with it. That said, I would hope that some of this additional revenue might be put aside for continued improvements to Spectrum.

That brief shot of the press box with the rust visible really irked me. Also, lets start up on plans to expand the Roth box a bit.

Reactions: firm_bizzle
I understand it. But don't really like it TBH. But as long as it helps the athletics program I can live with it. That said, I would hope that some of this additional revenue might be put aside for continued improvements to Spectrum.

That brief shot of the press box with the rust visible really irked me. Also, lets start up on plans to expand the Roth box a bit.
I was at the game so didn’t see this. Did the ESPN commentators mention something about it? Or was it just background visibility?

I was at the game so didn’t see this. Did the ESPN commentators mention something about it? Or was it just background visibility?

No, wasn't mentioned but it was quite visible. I think it was one of the shots of Randy Shannon upstairs. Visible rust in the corner. If the game is on YT, I am sure you can find it. Looked bad, IMO.

Can anyone explain to me why we got a noon kick this week. I know its TV but why put USF Cinn @ 7 PM when the only ones watching that game will be people in Cinn

Can anyone explain to me why we got a noon kick this week. I know its TV but why put USF Cinn @ 7 PM when the only ones watching that game will be people in Cinn

Think they are expecting a blowout looking at Navy's current form. Would be nice to be able to rest Milton and others in the 2nd half.

Because gameday is coming the week after if we win and ESPN wants to know early the result of the game.

Think about it....those same exact seats were available for $99 SEASON TICKETS back in July...but now DW can get virtually that same amount for just 2 games.

DW's job is to increase revenue...and by adding some 5,000 club seats and bringing in surge pricing...he is doing just that.

If UCF was in a P5 and were getting $40 Million in "free" conf tv $$$ per year...yeah, maybe individual tix prices might be a little more fan friendly...but since UCF doesn't have that pot of gold...DW is doing a great job in selling these normal $25 tix for more $$$, helping increase UCF's badly needed revenue.

Reactions: LemmyKilmister

Because UCF gets to be on ESPN2...higher tv ratings than ESPNU and ESPNews games.

Strange kick-off time for a Homecoming though.

It's just another game....UCF hasn't had a Saturday AM (or Friday afternoon when most teams have their parades) Homecoming Parade for quite awhile.

TV networks don't really care what "might" have been planned.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT